Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mk3 - Handbook Doesn't Match :-(

rnem_uk

Picked up my nice new Focus 1.6 Econetic TDCi Titanium yesterday... very nice.. has the Appearance Pack on it, and surprisingly electric folding mirrors (which it isn't supposed to come with). Build date off ETIS was 22/11/2012, so maybe these are now standard (?)

What terrible is that getting any info on the Econetic is near impossible. Nothing online, Ford Customer service had nothing. My dealer managed to find something and printed it out, but unbelievably, the handbook supplied with the car doesn't even have anything about it.. so the pages with engine data just don't list it... personally I don't think that is acceptable and will be complaining to Ford next week. How can you sell a car and have no information about it.. very poor. The steering wheel button layout has also changed. The Bluetooth/Sync buttons are now on the wheel and not bottom right.

What's nice though, is no tax, or next year, and no congestion charge :-)

post-34908-0-07088900-1362243611_thumb.j

Hiya nice looking car , i have not read any information about the Econetic so i can't really help you , and yes it's pretty poor of Ford not to release information.

found a little review

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/ford-focus-econetic-technology-review/261259

Sound like you have an extra pack on there with the folding mirrors

I think ford do a generic manual as there are so many extras you can get in so many different ways it would be impossible to list them all it is still poor i know but as you say they may have made it standard to compete with other manufacturers

Hiya nice looking car , i have not read any information about the Econetic so i can't really help you , and yes it's pretty poor of Ford not to release information.

found a little review

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/ford-focus-econetic-technology-review/261259

Sound like you have an extra pack on there with the folding mirrors

Normally Electric Folding Mirrors come with the City Pack, but that pack also includes parking sensors. Mine doesn't have those.

Normally Electric Folding Mirrors come with the City Pack, but that pack also includes parking sensors. Mine doesn't have those.

Do they not come with the family pack as well , i could be wrong though , theres that many different combinations.

newbie here.

bought a titanium econetic today(12 plate) which has appearance pack incl. folding mirrors. nice surprise which i wasn't expecting. i just thought the pack was privacy glass at the back and some chrome bits somewhere.

some of my service pack is missing(bought it from motorpoint). any of you know any weblinks to guidebooks?

also missing the radio code. any ideas please? i'll be calling motorpoint tomorrow but was just passing through and saw this.

me

newbie here.

bought a titanium econetic today(12 plate) which has appearance pack incl. folding mirrors. nice surprise which i wasn't expecting. i just thought the pack was privacy glass at the back and some chrome bits somewhere.

Mine was the same... only has the appearance pack which according to ford doesn't include powerfold mirrors. They only come with City or Convenence Packs - according to the price list.

newbie here.

some of my service pack is missing(bought it from motorpoint). any of you know any weblinks to guidebooks?

also missing the radio code. any ideas please? i'll be calling motorpoint tomorrow but was just passing through and saw this.

me

There is not a radio code for the mk3.

The radio is synchronised with the VIN code of the car and so will only work with your car.

Every time you switch on the radio checks the VIN.

Regards

John

Thats gonna be an expensive bummer when it breaks

thanks all! might have saved me an angry call to the sales guy! me

me again soz.

how can i get an official word from ford about not needing a radio code for my mk3 titanium sony dab radio? i'm not saying i don't believe the posts in this thread it's just that in a couple of years if i find out that i do need it i'll be stuck. i've called motorpoint and they're looking for a code for me. i've called a few ford dealers in s.wales and none of them said i DIDN'T need one and they'd charge £15-£20 for a new code. when i asked them about whether i actually need one at all they didn't know.

is there another forum thread on this that people can point me to? or even a weblink?

thanks for your help on this peeps!

I can confirm both the MK7 Fiesta and MK3 Focus do NOT require radio codes and are NOT linked to the VIN. I have swapped many of them over (even see my thread in the Focus guide section for installing the Sony stereo) and they are plug'n'play.

Source: Me ;)

I think with the modern security and how integrated the headunit is nowadays there is little need for locking the "radio" to the vehicle.

Plus the headunit is only a small piece of the puzzle, the actual parts which make up the entire part of the ICE are across more than one unit, all linked via the CANBUS.

It is more of a network of equipment rather than an all-in-one unit in modern cars.

Picked up my nice new Focus 1.6 Econetic TDCi Titanium yesterday... very nice.. has the Appearance Pack on it, and surprisingly electric folding mirrors (which it isn't supposed to come with). Build date off ETIS was 22/11/2012, so maybe these are now standard (?)

What terrible is that getting any info on the Econetic is near impossible. Nothing online, Ford Customer Service had nothing. My dealer managed to find something and printed it out, but unbelievably, the handbook supplied with the car doesn't even have anything about it.. so the pages with engine data just don't list it... personally I don't think that is acceptable and will be complaining to Ford next week. How can you sell a car and have no information about it.. very poor. The steering wheel button layout has also changed. The Bluetooth/Sync buttons are now on the wheel and not bottom right.

What's nice though, is no tax, or next year, and no congestion charge :-)

attachicon.gifnewfocus.jpg

Hi I've just purchased a new focus zetec with the new 1.0T 125PS ecoboost engine.

My gripe with Ford is the latest version of Sync. About 3 weeks prior to taking ownership I drove the demonstrator. The salesman proudly demonstrated the voice commands to control Phone, Media and Radio functions.

On receipt of my Focus I spent literally hours trying to tune the radio in via voice control to no avail. I returned to the dealership to enquire what I was doing wrong to be informed that mine was the latest sync system with emergency assist etc but the voice control of the radio was not a current function.

Strange how none of the sales staff mentioned that ford had withdrawn that function. Likewise the standard generic handbook still refers to voice control of the radio.

I'm quite annoyed that Ford sing from the roof tops about how wonderful their new sync system is but neglect to mention that they have removed some of the old functions.

Radio control via Sync depends on which radio you have. I can't comment on your situation exactly since we're in different countries, but as an example:

I have an F-150 XLT which has the base CD Player / Satellite radio and SYNC system. I can use Sync to ask for directions or to play music from a bluetooth phone but can't control the radio or climate control.

My cousin has an F-150 Platinum which has the Sony navigation radio with 8" touch screen and built in DVD player and 700 watt subwoofer. He can control everything, including the radio with his SYNC. I'm not sure if he can change the temperature, but i think he can. We both have the same model year and model vehicle, he just has a better trim level.

Radio control via Sync depends on which radio you have. I can't comment on your situation exactly since we're in different countries, but as an example:

I have an F-150 XLT which has the base CD Player / Satellite radio and SYNC system. I can use Sync to ask for directions or to play music from a bluetooth phone but can't control the radio or climate control.

My cousin has an F-150 Platinum which has the Sony navigation radio with 8" touch screen and built in DVD player and 700 watt subwoofer. He can control everything, including the radio with his SYNC. I'm not sure if he can change the temperature, but i think he can. We both have the same model year and model vehicle, he just has a better trim level.

Thanks for your comments. I don't think that the Radio model or trim make a difference in this instance. When I returned to the dealership and queried the reduced functionality. They told me that the demonstrator, same model, spec etc as mine, only 2 months older, had the old sync version in. The salesman confirmed this. Yet his manager was not aware that the demonstrator was equipped with the old version of sync. He said that he would make sure that the anomaly would be pointed out to prospective buyers.

My model doesn't come with satnav or climate control but if it had the salesman said that that as per the radio function the voice control would not be functional on either satnav or climate control.

Unless the sales team are telling me a load of old rubbish to fob me off it looks, to me at least, that this new version of sync is not as good as the last one.

They've got no reason to lie to you after buying the car, so it sounds like Ford did do something crazy there.

I did some Google searching but couldn't figure out if Sync had a seperate set of forums for the UK - if not, there's some decent help at http://www.syncmyride.com, just click the Community button to access the official Ford moderated forums.

I can confirm both the MK7 Fiesta and MK3 Focus do NOT require radio codes and are NOT linked to the VIN. I have swapped many of them over (even see my thread in the Focus guide section for installing the Sony stereo) and they are plug'n'play.

Source: Me ;)

This is taken straight out of the Manual page 246. I have the Sony Audio

It states the radio IS locked to the VIN

SECURITY CODE

Each unit incorporates a unique code that

is linked to the vehicle identification

number (VIN). The system will

automatically check that the audio unit

and vehicle match before allowing

operation.

If a security code message appears, please

see your dealer.

thanks both. i can't be the only person to have asked this question surely. i can't remember reading that bit in the manual but i'll have another look later.

trust me to start this one...anyone else got any thoughts?

cheers all

They've got no reason to lie to you after buying the car, so it sounds like Ford did do something crazy there.

I did some Google searching but couldn't figure out if Sync had a seperate set of forums for the UK - if not, there's some decent help at http://www.syncmyride.com, just click the Community button to access the official Ford moderated forums.

Thanks for the link. So far I haven't been able to find a Ford UK forum re sync. Ford UK certainly don't appear to have made public the reduced voice functionality of the new version of sync. I suspect it may have a negative effect on sales. Is it just me that thinks that Ford are getting meaner. A lot of other manufacturers are including cruise control and parking sensors as standard in the european market. But with Ford you have to either go top of the range or buy an optional package. Sorry for the rant.

I tried to register there, but I can't as it won't accept my VIN. I guess it would be to much to hope for. I think Ford in UK don't want adverse feedback to be publicly available.

SECURITY CODE

operation.

see your dealer.

Hi, as has been stated before the manual is more likely generic and there is definitely no need for any code as another poster has commented upon. I have also read none is needed on another Ford forum from someone who has changed their head unit from the Ford one to a Sony..

SECURITY CODE

operation.

see your dealer.

Yes but having actually swapped radios I'm speaking from experience.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club