Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Route Cable From Outside Car To Inside Car (Boot Lid)?

Rain

Hi

I'm working on a project and have come stuck with a cable routing problem. How can I bring in a cable that from inside boot lid (as per diagram on photo 1. Do I need to remove the roof spoiler and will then get access to these rubber tubes (as on photo 2)? If yes is it easy to remove the roof spoiler?

Any quick help is appreciated as if tomorrow is a nice weather I can carry on with the project.

photo 1

pic1_zps538cfb13.jpg

photo 2

pic2_zpsf5fe2e30.jpg

Removing the Spoiler won't give you much more access , pull out the rubber tubes , if you use a stiff piece of wire you can use it as a feed to get it down the panel , if you get it through tape the wire you want to the end then pull it through.

So no way to access that area? Anyone ever tried to feed a stiff wire through this area to pull the required wires in? Sounds almost like an impossible task to me.

So no way to access that area? Anyone ever tried to feed a stiff wire through this area to pull the required wires in? Sounds almost like an impossible task to me.

Why don't you just place the wire behind the boot trim parts like i did when i fitted my boot badge light , then it was only the last section to the rubber gromet i had to feed through

I didn't even think about that option. So this way there will be only a very small section where the wires would be visible/exposed? Do you have any photos of this. I went through your badge guide but could not find a photo of how you brought the wires inside?

You can buy wiring rods from Maplins.

Might help you to wiggle wires around tricky corners and tight spaces.

This type of thing-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=260664047528

Clever stuff. I was able to use a little bit thicker wire as a guide and then pull in the main wire. So for anyone out there its totally do-able. Word of caution though, getting those rubber tubes back on plastic clips can be a !Removed!! I spent about 30 minutes fiddling with them.

Thanks guys

EDIT:

I actually decided to buy the puller rods as they are cheap as chops and may be useful with future projects.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club