Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mpg.

blue flash

Well after a few days of driving motorway,a roads,b roads today i had 8 miles of fuel left in the tank(acording to gauge)and managed to get 554 miles to a tank.55 plate 1.8 diesel.

Thats damned good going! not bad for a 53 litre tank!

Thats quite good, especially for a 1.8! I've got a 1.6tdci (i presume the same size fuel tank?!) and I only get slightly more than that. Normally 580 or so, and that works out as 52 or so mpg.

I used to get 600 from a tank pretty consistently in my old 52 plate 1.8, though it started to drop towards the end of its life.

In my experience the 1.8 and 2.0 MPG figures are far better than you read on the internet. I'm not sure how some people struggle to get mid 40s out of them... even thrashing it!

I got 34.7mpg once! :D

lol, Dal, whats your average on your juicy ST?

My 400 bhp Focus RS will do about 35 mpg at motorway speeds, around town it will drop to 20mpg :unsure:

Maybe I should have specified TDCi 1.8/2's haha.

Still its all relative isn't it. If I could afford to I'd happily grab an RS and burn some fuel too!

I love those calculators, but they make me cringe when I look back on how much of my annual wage goes on fuel!

Exactly why I'm moving house rather than changing car..lol

lol, if its the car you want it makes sense.... dont think the mrs would let me move the family for my car though... lol

Barely get 22mpg in my ST, not much motorway driving though

what a muppet i am,worked out as 581 miles to a tankfull.

is there something wrong with my tank then? i had about 30 miles of range left and went to fill up and only 44 litres went in before the nozzle started clicking. surely the car doesnt do 30miles in 8 litres. i done about 480miles in that tank

You have to bear in mind that the trip computer works on a premise of the fuel sender unit reading, current exhaust readings and the live MPG reading, so you most likely would get more than that, but the car is programmed to read less than is happening, so that you dont get to 0 miles to go and conk out, you tend to have more miles that you can travel.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club