Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dashboard warning lights

holdawayt

hi all, ive got a mk4 fiesta finesse (most basic model available)

just wondering why i havent seen a fiesta with the same dash layout as me before?

also i have a 'door open warning light cluster' that is completely redundant. if the drivers door is open, the interior light does not come on and there is no buzzer if my lights are left on.

can anybody help with either of these problems?

maybe a bulb or fuse has gone to make the dash stop working, and i'm guessing i need to clean up the contacts on the door sensor?

i've included a pic of the dash with all of the warning lights lit up. these are the only working ones, should there be more?

cheers, tom

16032009109.jpg

That the dash from a mk5. Not sure what other warning lights should be there, maybe an abs light?

Would start with cleaning up the sensors on the doors then move to the fuses for the door fault.

If the light doesn't come on when you open the door maybe you've got it on the wrong setting. I think the switch beside the light should be in the middle.

interesting that it has the mk5 dash!

maybe someone swapped it before i had it.

i'll check the sensors tommorow and the the fuses. shouldnt be a difficult fix regardless.

and i think the light is on the correct setting because it comes on when the passenger door is opened.

Maby they fitted it 2 the later mk4s. Try cleaning up the sensor on the drivers door. Theyr bad for sticking

Maby not, but it only takes 5mins to clean up. Saves the bother of going to the factors

cheers 4 the advice, turns out the switch had a bit of corrosion on the contacts. just gave it a clean up and its all good again. door open indicator isnt working yet but thats no biggy. and ive just been to see a mk5 and it had the same dash as mine so thats still a mystery!

i know it was one of the last mk4's to be made so that might be why.

oh well cheers any way.

tom.

Doors open indicator does not work on this model,it is there just as a blanking plate.Other models had a temp gauge there.

Another cost cutter by Fords.