Do Not Sell My Personal Information

potential warning to hot magenta owners

Truly55

As some of you may have read my wifes car has been lightly scratched. I enquired today as to a touch up stick and Ford don't do them. You'd have to take your car to Ford to be resprayed! They do touch up pens for other colours but not HM. Has anybody else tried to get HM as a touch up to be told the same story or is my dealer talking nonsense?

Oh dear thats not good news, youd have thought they would have touch up in all the colours they are producing cars in. Our car was scratched in the first week we got it, outside our home (we now rent a garage), luckily my OH is a car valeter and has a nice technique for removing light scratches - maybe if you cannot get a touch up find a very good valeter in your area to see if he can get them out for you.

As some of you may have read my wifes car has been lightly scratched. I enquired today as to a touch up stick and Ford don't do them. You'd have to take your car to Ford to be resprayed! They do touch up pens for other colours but not HM. Has anybody else tried to get HM as a touch up to be told the same story or is my dealer talking nonsense?

Eeeeek what a nightmare! Maybe it's something to do with it being the fancy paint? That's really not good news though. There's been a number of cars keyed in my area in the last few months (my old Ka being one of them) I'll cry if it happens again :(

I work in a body shop and we often have people wanting touch up pens, but instead we sometimes mix them the paint they need. You could try going to a body shop and enquire about this

Ford do a touch up kit for mine. However dont think they sell many cos when I bought one it was 2 years past the sell by date :o/ Halfords dont stock it either as its a 3 stage paint system. Citrus Gold I'm talking about btw.

Oh dear thats not good news, youd have thought they would have touch up in all the colours they are producing cars in. Our car was scratched in the first week we got it, outside our home (we now rent a garage), luckily my OH is a car valeter and has a nice technique for removing light scratches - maybe if you cannot get a touch up find a very good valeter in your area to see if he can get them out for you.

I do a little car detailing as a hobby (a previous car was featured on Meguiars site :lol: ) but I can't do any more with the tiny scratches short of getting the Porter Cable orbital machine out and trying carefully to remove them fully. I have my doubts though which is why I wanted to draw a line of paint into them and buff them off with a rubber pad. I've spoken to another Ford dealer and he advised they're not available yet for HM but they will be sometime. :rolleyes:

I work in a body shop and we often have people wanting touch up pens, but instead we sometimes mix them the paint they need. You could try going to a body shop and enquire about this

That's a good idea. I'm seeing a bodyshop this Saturday to get a quote to get the 'ickle dent tapped out. It's only about the size of a small finger nail and is very shallow. As the paint is intact and the dent is a couple of inches over a wheel arch I'm not expecting any problems removing it. I'll ask them for their thoughts on the paint.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club