Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Ford Fiesta Zetec S Mk7 Progress

Jamesb1992

Hello everyone! First off i would like to say I am new to the forum so please go easy on me!! I have wrote all this out already but managed to somehow press 'back' and lose my half hour progress. ANYWAYS! I passed my test 4 years ago and started off with a 206 1.1 '05. Loved every second of it. Wasn't the quickest car with only 60 odd bhp but was relatively nippy ( or so i thought ). I had always wanted a fiesta zetec s since i was 12 years old as my dad has always been a fan of mondeo's so there has always been Fords in the family. When the new fiesta zetec s first came out, I was in love with it. I thought it looked amazing compared to any other pocket rocket (vxr etc). Personally for me the VXR looks too much.. Despite having a LOAD of bhp, The exhaust just makes it look vile (personal opinion). I thought i would have to wait ages to even get a sniff at a zetec s due to the insurance prices of today! So i was just browsing one day and thought.. why not have a look to see how much it would cost me to get insured on a 1.6. At the time i was paying roughly 1.4k a year just to get insured on a 1.1 so i predicted 3k minimum to get insured on a 1.6, but to my surprise it was only 650 a year. I jumped at the chance and within 2 weeks i was at the Farnborough Ford dealership and placing my deposit down. I was SO excited! I had to wait a week for them get it all sorted out which was possibly the longest week of my life! So here i am, with my personal dream car and have never regretted it since! Anyways sorry for going on lol! I thought i would just share some ideas i have and things i have done with the car! Thanks for looking :)

... Just found out there is an autosave of drafts on this forum. FML

Green - Done

Red - To do

Blue/white headlights

Red and Black Gel overlays

Red Calipers

Blue interior Lighting

Front splitter

Zetec S badges front and back

Mountune 140 upgrade

Side splitters

Black alloys

Improved ECU remap after the 140 upgrade

Black interior plastics ( radio fascia etc )

Here are just a few photos so far! Thanks!

Then!

IMG_1249_zpsdeff4fa5.jpg

IMG_1248_zps601ce461.jpg

Now

IMG_2054_zps32d710b0.jpg

IMG_2055_zpse4598c56.jpg

IMG_2056_zps0e63493e.jpg

Once again thanks!

Welcome to the forums, nice looking car!

Looking forward to seeing your progress with the other mods you plan to do :D

Hi buddy nice looking Fiesta, my oldfella has just got himself a metal edition those silver inserts on the front grille look good can I ask where there from?

Thanks Alex! :D Got a lot planned :) Cheers Gaz! I bought it from eBay as couldn't find them anywhere else in the UK. It's the asia/austrailian Grille, managed to pick it up for about 60 pound but in auction on eBay go up to 100. Not many around at the moment though, trying to find a link for one!

Thanks James, I'll have a look on there. Can they be ordered from Ford?

np :) Not that i know of, they may be able to but i can imagine it would be quite pricey. I'm having a look around but still can't find any

Nice lookin car mate welcome to the club

Looking good!

I think we may have had the same(ish) styling ideas! Haha

post-35490-0-59702300-1362500371_thumb.j

Really like the front splitter but I need to get the alloys redone before anything else!

Good looking car like you am surprised about insurance wil have to tell my kids about that then we could be an all zs family ... Mmmm

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update! Just ordered some black alloys from wheelbase! 800 pound!!! will post a picture on saturday with them all fitted!!! peange i think we have the same ideas indeed haha :D nice car btw! and philf1 cheers mate. we can all dream of a ZS family. I hope your kids don't go to the darkside (corsa)

Quick update! Just ordered some black alloys from wheelbase! 800 pound!!! will post a picture on saturday with them all fitted!!! peange i think we have the same ideas indeed haha :D nice car btw! and philf1 cheers mate. we can all dream of a ZS family. I hope your kids don't go to the darkside (corsa)

No fear of that,son had a sticker on his last car "I'd rather bepushing my Saxo than driving a Corsa". I have driven several as hire cars they are really horrid and underpowered.

Actually son has just bought a Renault Clio sport 197 failed in my efforts to get him in to a Fiesta ST MK6. Can you believe the isurance on this Clio is less than it was on his previous VTS?

Daughter has a clapped out Punto but when she finishes university she really wants a Fiesta so still some hope.

IMG_0150_zps773e58e3.jpg

NEW alloys :D Will get a close up of the fronts with the red caliper asap :)

No fear of that,son had a sticker on his last car "I'd rather bepushing my Saxo than driving a Corsa". I have driven several as hire cars they are really horrid and underpowered.

Actually son has just bought a Renault Clio sport 197 failed in my efforts to get him in to a Fiesta ST MK6. Can you believe the isurance on this Clio is less than it was on his previous VTS?

Daughter has a clapped out Punto but when she finishes university she really wants a Fiesta so still some hope.

HAHA :D good!! Anything but a Vauxhall is fine in my books. Insurance prices just baffle me to be honest... I'm not entirely sure what they base the costs upon but it isn't just age etc... Fiestas are definitely the way forward!

Moving this to the New Modification Projects section :) car looking good by the way

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car. Can i ask how you attached the "S" badge to the front grille?

When I did mine I tried using a small adhesive hook and a cable tie through the grill but wans't 100% happy with the way it sat so in the end just superglued it to the grill,bit on top, middle and bottom. Let it dry for a couple of hours before I drove and it is stuck hard as nails,no fear of it coming loose.

IMG_0022_zpsca55c8ac.jpg

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club