Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morette Headlights/hids

DanGersFord

http://www.morette.co.uk/scpro/morette/productscategorycar.asp?manumodel=331&parentcat=16&parentcatname=Full+Headlights&cattype=y&manufacturer=Ford

Would these morette headlights which come with electric self levelling be suitable to fit HIDs to? I dont think theyre projectors. Would it be difficult to retrofit a projector lens to them?

Not legally, any retrofit is technically illegal unless the units themselves are rated for HID's, like on the Fiesta they're rated as halogen projectors, even if you put all the levelling equipment in and the washers, they'd still technically be illegal. The light level control is manual, not automatic which is needed for HID's.

As for sticking projectors in, depends how savvy you are with such things, it's not all that difficult if you know what you're doing.

I know it wouldn't be strictly legal I was just wondering about the HIDs being fitted to reflector headlights. Morette claim to have better optics than OEM so I was just wondering if it would cause too much glare. I wouldn't really say I'm savy with how to do it but would an auto electrician be able to do it? It should be easier to retrofit projector lenses to the Morette headlights because you can strip them right down ie so that you can can spray the outer plastics to colour code them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club