Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Console Lights & Worn Out Brake Pads

beckifitzg

I have a 2010 Ka Edge that has just failed its first ever MOT due to worn out brake pads.

I have only done 12000 miles pottering to work and back 5 days a week so this seems really quite ridiculous to me.

I don't think it's the way I drive as I had my old car for years with the same brakes and it passed its MOT first time every time. (an oollddd micra)

Has any one else has this problem? Does it seem strange?

A few people have also mentioned how bad the engine sounds in the cold. I has a loud rattle to it. The engine noise has also dipped and picked up again repeatedly in the past while i was scraping the windows, as if it was struggling to keep going.

Evans Halshaw say they can find nothing wrong with it.

Lastly, should all the console lights light up? Only the dials on the right light up at the moment and the garage have said that all the lights that should light up do.

The heat and strength of the air are the ones that don't light up.

I can't remember whether they used to or not and it seems really strange if they don't!

Thanks for your help!

I would check the brake pads and see what is left on them, and if you have any doubts over the garage who conducted the mot then you need to contact vosa

brake shoes/pads wear depending on the type of driving. town or city driving will wear them down quick.

i get about 28 months out of mine on the fronts then about 36 months rear there abouts.its down to all the stop starts

for lights etc so 2 yrs on the pads is about usual i recon.try your local halford service center as they do them for life.

so you pay once & they wear out they do them for nothing next time.