Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - Need Clarification

Zordie

Hi all

I am currently having an issue with my l'il Ford, It is a 1.8 TDCI saloon, and the problem I have is as follows:

Intermittently, when I put pressure on the accellerator, the revs go up but the speed does not (or very slowly) until I release the pressure. It usually does this in 4th or 5th gear.

Usually once it starts doing this it will continue to do so often until I leave it for a while (I.E drive it the next day)

It is most likely clutch but it always bites ok, even on hill starts, which makes me wonder whether it is.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Intermittently, when I put pressure on the accellerator, the revs go up but the speed does not (or very slowly) until I release the pressure. It usually does this in 4th or 5th gear.

from what you say, that does sound like the clutch slipping

Darn it... Thanks.

Expensive times :(

How much is a clutch change on a focus typically does anyone know?

If you shop around, you could get it for around £300?

Depending of whether they also think its worth changing the Dual Mass Flywheel as well at the same time.

Do hill starts you're less likely to notice to the slip, as you are manual slipping the clutch yourself. Clutch slip really comes noticeable with it fully engaged and you stomping on the accelerator, or increasing the load on the engine eg, cruising on a flat bit of road in fifth, hitting an incline and keeping it in fifth.