Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Pressure

Niaz

Hi, just out of curiosity, I have asked many people's opinion on this, but come back with many different responses.

What is the recommended tyre pressure?

Thanks

Depends if it's a deisel or petrol and what size tyres are on it

Not on the focus it doesnt, recommended 32psi all round matey normally loaded. Heavy load 32 front 45 rear :D

tyrepress.jpg

This is out of fords technical data book as of 07/2008

recommendedpressures.jpg

Rather than arguing shall we just admit to both being safely in the zone of correct. 2.1 bar is 31psi 2.3 bar is 33psi so 32psi will be perfectly safe a figure to happily use in ANY focus?

Would agree with you. Was never one for arguing but just wanted to bring it to your attention that not all focus's are the same in regards to tyre pressures.

I assumed Niaz was wanting a precise pressure or he wouldn't have gone to all that trouble of asking "many people".

Well yeah but considering he didnt give specifics about his car/wheel/tyre package an accurate answer was never possible :D

Which is why, instead of giving him a rough answer I said it depends on a couple of things :D

*sigh* ok, its like trying to get a doberman off a piece of beef this. At the end of the day 31,32 or 33 psi. It really isnt going to make THAT huge a difference. Ford recommend 32psi but I always have 34psi in cos for me it feels like a better ride and seems to hold the road better. At the end of the day they are just recommended pressures not written in stone pressures.

its like trying to get a doberman off a piece of beef this.

:lol: Just sayin ;)

Lol, yeah thanks guys, appreciate both of your help. I just went to the petrol station a little while ago and set it to 32 :).. currently on standard wheels for a 1.6 Zetec Mk 2 focus.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions though!

Lol, yeah thanks guys, appreciate both of your help. I just went to the petrol station a little while ago and set it to 32 :).. currently on standard wheels for a 1.6 Zetec Mk 2 focus.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions though!

whats the figure of '45' referring to at the end of the table??

whats the figure of '45' referring to at the end of the table??

Pressure for the rear wheels when fully loaded ie more than 3 passengers or a load in the boot.

I have 32.5 psi in mine. :blink:

Anybody who says different is !Removed! and smells of wee wee.

I have never really bothered about looking into what tyre pressure my focus should be :rolleyes: def going to have to check it out especially if it improves mpg ;)