Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got An Error On Your Car?

jeebowhite

not sure what you got? I have an android phone and use a bluetooth OBDII code reader... look at my link "Got an error on your car?" for the type I bought...

yes i know i saw that one is an ELM327 bluetooth version,i bought the cable version like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-V1-5a-OBDII-OBD2-USB-Interface-Auto-Diagnostic-Scanner-Tool-Cable-New-/190927169841?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c74256931

Does your type support Focus 2.0 TDCi?Does it work with iPhone?Thank you

Mine is a generic, I have used it on many cars including a 2.0 TDCI CMAX, Peugeot, 2.0 Petrol Focus and a few others inbetween...

Mine is a generic, I have used it on many cars including a 2.0 TDCI CMAX, Peugeot, 2.0 Petrol Focus and a few others inbetween...

Is a generic?What does that mean can you explain me?How much did you buy that please?

Hi Simon,

Just to check a few things, have you set torque to use the bluetooth OBD? you need to pair your phone to the device, then open torque, go into the menu, Settings, OBD2 Adapter Settings and then Choose bluetooth Device. Here you would need to set the OBD device, and then restart.

If you have, is your bluetooth adapter connected to the car, with the engine either running, or on electrics? when you do this, does your smartphone show the bluetooth connected symbol?

Andi, Generic is just a device that can be used with anything. Its not made specifically for Ford, or any other manufacturer, its designed to be a universal device. The only other thing is that the iPhone doesn't have Torque as far as I am aware, but it does have other similar applications.

Hi Simon,

Just to check a few things, have you set torque to use the bluetooth OBD? you need to pair your phone to the device, then open torque, go into the menu, Settings, OBD2 Adapter Settings and then Choose Bluetooth Device. Here you would need to set the OBD device, and then restart.

If you have, is your bluetooth adapter connected to the car, with the engine either running, or on electrics? when you do this, does your smartphone show the bluetooth connected symbol?

Andi, Generic is just a device that can be used with anything. Its not made specifically for Ford, or any other manufacturer, its designed to be a universal device. The only other thing is that the iPhone doesn't have Torque as far as I am aware, but it does have other similar applications.

Thank you for reply,but can you post me your type than?i want to buy that one too please.what was the price when you bought it?Thank you Jeebo :)

HI Andi,

Its been some time since I bought it to be honest! I bought the bluetooth variety from eBay (blue one in my link to code readers)

HI Andi,

Its been some time since I bought it to be honest! I bought the bluetooth variety from ebay (blue one in my link to code readers)

hmm do you rememer the seller name?what was the price ?

I bought it from the UK I dont know if it was made in China though to be honest. Although 99% of the world is made in china lol

• Like 1

I bought it from the UK I dont know if it was made in China though to be honest. Although 99% of the world is made in china lol

yes you got a point :) thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Could anyone recommend a good programme for the iphone/ipad? One that does fault codes and engine performance. I tried searching for "torque pro" but no joy.

Many Thanks

Having recently been looking into this, I dont think there is an "iPhone" and "Bluetooth" compatible solution. apparently iPhones bluetooth stack is a hybrid between bluetooth technology and Apply Jargon which no other non apple device can speak, so you would struggle, however, you can get WiFi accessible OBDII devices and could try them with the below, I have made a few small notes.

if you do invest in any, then I would welcome you to write your findings and thoughts here for other Apple users to share in and use!

There's this: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/engine-link-obd-ii-vehicle/id591557194?mt=8 that I have heard of. but they do say if you have a bluetooth adapter, to contact support before hand.

Alternatively, suggestion is that https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dynolicious-classic/id286208729?mt=8 works with bluetooth, but I cant see anyone spell out that this works as a code reader.

The most expensive I have seen yet (but best reported on) is REV: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rev/id302420711, but again that's a heavy investment.

In the short hand, if you have an Android, or a bluetooth enabled PC, then a bluetooth adapter would be a good investment. However, if you only have the iPhone, then I would contact the app developers first, get them to confirm it either works with a generic Bluetooth or WiFi device, and only invest with an assurance that these are compatible.

Anything you do find out though, please do share your thoughts!

thank you for the advise, like the look of the first app suggestion. Looking on eBay theres a lot of choice of OBD2 WIFI adaptors.

Definitely check with the developers to be sure that its compatible, you dont want to spend all that money for it not to work correctly...

• 4 weeks later...

Going to move this to your own thread in the CMAX section.

I will PM you a link to your request.

• 3 weeks later...

right need some info, got code p2339 (cylinder 4 above knock threshold),
will recoding injectors work, if so do u recode them in order of
injectors or firing order (mondeo 2.0 tdci, 03 plate)

Recoding is an option, but start with something a bit easier, such as BG244. it could be as simple as an additive clearing the engine or injector ports that could reduce the knock!

I beleive that you need to recode them in order of ignition.

If BG244 doesnt work, then check the spark plugs and leads, as this can often be a cause.

I would say dont recode till you have at least tried these!

• 2 months later...

Hi I am new to this site so hopefully I writing in the right area. I have got a ford focus lx mk2 on a 55 plate. I went into the secret menu on the dash and found out I have an error er0605 I have google the code and some people are say it is a faulty ecu anyhelp would be great

A P0605 error is a generic Internal Control Module ROM error.

TBH I don't put much emphasis on any codes read from the dash menu unless a noticeable fault is found.

You're best of doing a proper OBD diagnostic to check and clear any stored fault codes.

Agree entirely with Stoney, the best thing to do is ignore it, there can be the odd cluster error on the firmware ROM chip, its not uncommon and often doesnt do anything or have any problems.

Hi there thanks for the advice do I have to take it to ford to have this done or any local garage and how much dose it costs. Not to clued up on cars this is my first car so thanks for your help

Also I read that if I disconnect the battery for 30 it will reset the ecu is this a good idea and could it cause any further problems.