Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got An Error On Your Car?

jeebowhite

got vgate vs450 is this compatable for 05 c-max

paul

had airbag warning light on dash today dont know triggered it so plugged in the vs450 and hey presto could not read the module so will ned to get ford one to sort out the airbag light

paul

Have a look at my initial thread, if you get yourself FORSCAN and also a modified ELM cable you can diagnose the likes of airbags. I had my mondeo plugged in this week, I was tracking down a wiring issue on the airbags, tracked it down to the driver side airbag curtain reporting 8 ohms of resistance whilst the rest of the system was 2 - 3 ohms.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,i have one of those cheap code readers and works fine on a lot of cars £10

Is there a cheap one the same that does the airbag light.

I also have the opcom what i used on my old vauxhall and only cost £20 a few years ago (pc software and tool )

And i have the elm 237 and some software but never tried it on a ford.

Is there a ford one like the opcom as it was amazing program,it did everything,codes/airbag/service light/key coding..etc.

Thanks..........just read your post above.......forscan the best and where from.

Just Google forscan download and it will be the top of the list. You will need a 500000 kbps modified elm cable though...

Can anyone help please? My OBD port isnt getting any power to it, where abouts would the fuse be?!! :)

Not sure it is fused, have you tried a different device and how have you confirmed the power have get to g there?

• 3 months later...

I appear to have joined the ABS module failure club, the only saving grace is on a 2005 ford fusion

Thank god for obd scanners which picked the fault up immediately

cleared all the dash lights and then went for a drive and lo and behold as expected they came back on

1. speedo stopped working

2.handbrake light on

3. ABS light on

4 Engine management light came on but went off and has nor reappeared

obd2 fault was stated as ; cannot communicate with ABS Module

removed module and cleaned plug no difference

BOUGHT A SECOND HAND UNIT FROM E BAY FOR £70

10 MINS TO FIT

CLEARED ALARMS AND LIGHTS

SORTED !!!!!!!! ANYONE CAN DO THIS WHY PAY FORD / GARAGE £500 T0 £1000

Jon

Good result Jon, its awesome for a simple affordable code scanner to help you determine the fault! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help......please!

I have an '08 Focus 1.6 auto and the electrics seem to have gone a little mental. So the electric windows don't work, the windscreen jets aren't working, the rear windscreen wiper doesn't work, it speradically thinks the bonet is open and the temperature gauge isn't giving a reading.

All of these started on the same day, the first thing I noticed was the Bonet open warning on the dash with the beeping every so often.

Can anyone give me a clue what on earth has happened?

Poults

Check that all the cable plugs are fully seated in the footwell fusebox.

They are very easy to kick out.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys i have a clicking noise from when I turn the car off I have a 1.8tdci Mondeo 10 plate just done no2 injector leak off pipe seal clip came out when driving pulled over replace metal clip been ok since now am getting a clicking noise from this if the pic didn't up load it's on the drivers side under bonnet big silver this behind the plastic engine be cover of that makes sense any1 help on what it is

Hi Mark,

I would reccomend starting your own thread in the mondeo section, and also detailing along with pictures, what the clicking is like (its frequency, duration, speed etc) and it may help us to advise you further!

Not sure how too am new to this pal it's only when I turn the car off mate it does it

If you go the Mondeo section of the website, click create new post (towards the top right of the list of posts) then you can put all the details within.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fuel computer data error fuel light stays on 2010 focus 1.8 tdci, one helpful member said it could eather be the fuel sender unit and that would cost quite a bit in labour or the instrument cluster or something not sure how to go about it

Apologies if I am not posting a new topic in the correct way, but I am new to the forum I bought a 2009 Ford Focus Titanium 3 weeks ago, only done 47,000 miles. Anyway first couple of weeks everything was fine. Then last week was at the traffic lights, I went to move and the car died. Managed to get a jump as I assumed the battery was knackered. All fine again, next day drove to station to go work. Got back to the car around 7pm, went to start it. It started for 2 secs and then died. Got my mate to give me a jump, but that didnt work. Had to wait for the recovery guy to come a couple hours later. Low and behold it started. So I though right Ill park it at mechanics so I could drive/push it in first thing. Just as I was about to drive off it died. So recovery guy dropped me to where I needed to go Have now taken to the mechanics and they did a diagnostics. 2 codes have come up P0628 Fuel Pump Control B1601 Passive anti theft I have been advised to get my key reprogrammed as the mechanic thinks the chip is loose. Hence why the car starts, but as the chip comes lose the engine shuts off. He said that something came up saying the System received the incorrect key So tomorrow I am getting another key programmed to see if this rectifies the issue. Im just concerned that if this doesnt work. Not feeling comfortable driving the car around as I also have a 2 year old daughter Just want to know if anybody else has had or heard of this issue and what you did or can advise what to do Please help, at the moment Im on public transport, trying to commute into work on a bus isnt fun

Fuel computer data error fuel light stays on 2010 focus 1.8 tdci, one helpful member said it could eather be the fuel sender unit and that would cost quite a bit in labour or the instrument cluster or something not sure how to go about it

Have you got any error codes? I would say if you havent checked you should do, as there are a number of things it could be, even down to a simple blocked fuel filter...

Apologies if I am not posting a new topic in the correct way, but I am new to the forum I bought a 2009 Ford Focus Titanium 3 weeks ago, only done 47,000 miles. Anyway first couple of weeks everything was fine. Then last week was at the traffic lights, I went to move and the car died. Managed to get a jump as I assumed the battery was knackered. All fine again, next day drove to station to go work. Got back to the car around 7pm, went to start it. It started for 2 secs and then died. Got my mate to give me a jump, but that didnt work. Had to wait for the recovery guy to come a couple hours later. Low and behold it started. So I though right Ill park it at mechanics so I could drive/push it in first thing. Just as I was about to drive off it died. So recovery guy dropped me to where I needed to go Have now taken to the mechanics and they did a diagnostics. 2 codes have come up P0628 Fuel Pump Control B1601 Passive anti theft I have been advised to get my key reprogrammed as the mechanic thinks the chip is loose. Hence why the car starts, but as the chip comes lose the engine shuts off. He said that something came up saying the System received the incorrect key So tomorrow I am getting another key programmed to see if this rectifies the issue. Im just concerned that if this doesnt work. Not feeling comfortable driving the car around as I also have a 2 year old daughter Just want to know if anybody else has had or heard of this issue and what you did or can advise what to do Please help, at the moment Im on public transport, trying to commute into work on a bus isnt fun

There are common reasons why the car can keep cutting out. You need to ensure that your earth connection from the battery is secure and wiggle free. Also the battery posts need to be firmly in place, and very secure, otherwise if they are loose in the slightest this can cause the flicker connection and a random cutout and dead. I had this issue when my connections where loose, but it worked as soon as I put a jumper cable on it, because it secured the connection...

As for the errors, you may sadly be getting work down for nothing. It is always best to clear the error codes and allow the issue to reproduce, as more often than not error codes lay dormant and can be read as the current issue.

The key needs reprogramming because a chip is loose, sounds like lunacy to me! I have a key I have had made, where it uses a loose glass transponder inside the key casing, it moves around more than anything, yet the car always starts first time...

The fuel pump is a possibility, though it could be the wiring to it. When the car dies, do you lose everything (every light / screen etc) does it all go black?

Hi, yes I am getting error codes. They are P0628 which is fuel pump and B1601 which is passive ant theft. When mechanic did diagnostics it said the key couldn't be read. Hence why he advised me to get key reprogrammed. I need to get a spare key anyway as I've only got the one. I've not had any work done apart from having a new steering arm fitted, and some wheel alignment

When car cuts out everything else stays on

Ok so it's less likely to be battery.

Hi, yes I am getting error codes. They are P0628 which is fuel pump and B1601 which is passive ant theft. When mechanic did diagnostics it said the key couldn't be read. Hence why he advised me to get key reprogrammed. I need to get a spare key anyway as I've only got the one. I've not had any work done apart from having a new steering arm fitted, and some wheel alignment

When car cuts out everything else stays on

i seen same symptoms as yours on 2008 focus, ended up being faulty instrument cluster, not saying thats whats wrong with yours , but worth telling your mechanic its something else to check,

That certainly is an alternative issue, though it's all staying Alive and not dropping out so I don't think it's that right now.

Hello mate the Dtc code is #009202 fuel sender unit open circuit. Not sure if fuel sender unit needs replacing or just something minor.

Have you got any error codes? I would say if you havent checked you should do, as there are a number of things it could be, even down to a simple blocked fuel filter...

There are common reasons why the car can keep cutting out. You need to ensure that your earth connection from the battery is secure and wiggle free. Also the battery posts need to be firmly in place, and very secure, otherwise if they are loose in the slightest this can cause the flicker connection and a random cutout and dead. I had this issue when my connections where loose, but it worked as soon as I put a jumper cable on it, because it secured the connection...

As for the errors, you may sadly be getting work down for nothing. It is always best to clear the error codes and allow the issue to reproduce, as more often than not error codes lay dormant and can be read as the current issue.

The key needs reprogramming because a chip is loose, sounds like lunacy to me! I have a key I have had made, where it uses a loose glass transponder inside the key casing, it moves around more than anything, yet the car always starts first time...

The fuel pump is a possibility, though it could be the wiring to it. When the car dies, do you lose everything (every light / screen etc) does it all go black?

• 3 months later...

some cracking Noise when accelerating.! can anyone fix this issue.

Cracking noise isn't much to go on lol are we talking engine bay or wheels

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Looked at the link you posted. It's a Chinese copy of the obdll reader. So probably not programmed correctly. I'd look into buying from a reputable firm, with good feedback before buying a quality reader. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club