Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi Yet Another Newbie. Mulc From Northampton

mulc

Hi All. Joined FOC tonight.

I have just purchased a new Ford Focus Zetec with the 1.0T 125PS engine.

I have owned a number of Fords before. my last one being a 2009 Focus Style 1.6TDCI now being driven by daughter.

Looking forward to reading many of the forums on here.

Best wishes

John.

Welcome to the club john

Hi welcome :)

Hello and welcome to the forum

Welcome to the club mate. whats your initial impression of the Focus against your Fiesta?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your kind wishes and welcomes.

To jeebowhite ; I am quite impressed with the performance of the new 1 litre petrol engine in the new Focus. As you probably Know they do 2 versions a 100PS and a 125PS version. I have the 125PS version which is comparable to 1.6 petrol non turbo version. In fact it may be slightly faster. It also comes with the bonus that road fund licence is only £30 per year.

I haven't owned a fiesta, well not for about 20 years anyway. My previous car was a 1.6 TDCI Focus.

I did however test drive new fiesta at the same time as I test drove the new focus. The fiesta had the 1 litre petrol 100PS version. Seemed a nice car but it didn't seem as lively as the 125PS focus and the focus had more elbow room which I appreciated. Also the dealership was able to do a better deal on the focus.

Only disappointment re car so far is the new 'sync' which now doesn't have as many voice controls as the previous version.

Although I have only had the car 3 days it doesn't look as if I'm going to achieve anything close to the official economy figures.

Sorry jeebowhite I forgot to add that both versions of the new 1 litre petrol engines in the Fiesta qualify for zero road fund licence.

The 100PS version in the Focus is £20 per year.