Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync

spangle

Hi, new to this board.

I have a 2012 Titanium and was wondering if anyone has a problem in receiving texts via a connected iPhone in that it's ok receiving texts but the id for the sender is "UNKNOWN" even though the sender is in my phone book.

Is there a fix for this does anyone know?

Many thanks.

Hi spangle, like you I am new to this board having joined yesterday.

I have just bought a Focus Zetec 2013 in the last few days. After having a number of problems with sync I returned to the dealership and spoke to the salesman. My first gripe was that I was unable to tune or select radio stations using voice controls as demonstrated on the sales demo car. I also couldn't receive text messages.

The salesman told me that the latest version of sync had lost a number of voice controlled functions for example Radio, SatNav / climate control if applicable. He also said that a lot of smart phones were not compatible for the text function. My Samsung galaxy ace is one of them. You can check the compatibility on the following link

http://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/Technology/MobileCompatibility

I'm guessing that your 2012 model still has many of the voice controls that the 2013 models do not, so it could be worse.

Regards

John

Oh I forgot to add. I understand that there are a lot of problems with compatibility between sync and I phones.

Microsoft and Apple do not make happy bedfellows. I'm sure there are many posters on here who can help.

John, many thanks. I can receive texts but the caller id is unknown. With regards to voice control I only have phone and usb functions.I was told that climate control and radio were not available by voice control.

Hi

i know on mine i cant access my phonebook, and names dont show as i havent uploaded my contacts from my phone to it?

John, many thanks. I can receive texts but the caller id is unknown. With regards to voice control I only have phone and usb functions.I was told that climate control and radio were not available by voice control.

Hi spangle very surprised that voice control of the radio and climate control were not available with your model. The impression I was given after taking ownership of mine this week was that it had only just changed. The salesman made a big deal of how my car would have the latest sync technology inc emergency assist etc. When we test drove both the fiesta and focus demonstrators he made quite a show of the voice control over the radio, waveband and frequency selection. The demonstrators were both zetecs. He obviously forgot to mention that the latest sync version had lost this function.

when I returned the day after to find out why I couldn't tune in the radio using voice commands a different salesman pointed out that that function was no longer available. On moaning to the Sales manager he agreed that he had complained to ford at a sales seminar that withdrawal of the voice function over the climate control was disappointing as he often used the defrost command. He told me that he had been unaware that the demonstrators had the old sync and he would ensure his salespersons would make sure that prospective buyers were not misled.

Your model must be newer than either of the demonstrators that I test drove.

hope you get your phone compatibility sorted.

Hi John - I think it's only the Focus in USA that have cracked the sync with regards to climate, satnav etc. Many thanks for your replies. Enjoy your Focus, other than the syncing problems I love the car and the driver assist functions are great.

the sync issues are due to microsoft bugs that they seem unable to fix ford us has had major complaints and court cases as many owners bought the car because of the sync feature obviously ford know this and dont want to make people aware of the issues however there are pages and pages of issues and possible fixes so type in ford sync issues in google and you may find some youtube vids showing how to fix or get round youre problem

Hi John - I think it's only the Focus in USA that have cracked the sync with regards to climate, satnav etc. Many thanks for your replies. Enjoy your Focus, other than the syncing problems I love the car and the driver assist functions are great.

the sync issues are due to microsoft bugs that they seem unable to fix ford us has had major complaints and court cases as many owners bought the car because of the sync feature obviously ford know this and dont want to make people aware of the issues however there are pages and pages of issues and possible fixes so type in ford sync issues in google and you may find some youtube vids showing how to fix or get round youre problem

Thank you both for your replies.

Spangle with respect to climate control where fitted, the sales manager at my dealership in the uk said that on cold mornings he often used the defrost screen voice command and that he found it a very useful function. I have not actually seen it in action myself but I assumed that he was driving in the UK maybe mistaken? Unfortunately climate control is not relevant to me and my Zetec.

Artscot79 I appreciate the info. I will trawl the forums. Doubt if I will be able to use voice commands for the radio for a while as my version of sync has removed the option, however I live in hopes of Ford rolling out an upgrade in the not too distant future.

In the meanwhile I emailed Ford to have a moan. The reply, if any, will probably confirm what you said..

I have a 61 Reg Titanium with the Sony Nav unit.

I don't have "Sync" as such, but do connect my phone via bluetooth and have voice control etc.

As the hardware appears the same, is it possible to get a software update to the car that will give me the extra Sync features such as reading text messages and Emergency Assist?

• 8 months later...

Hi, new to this board.

I have a 2012 Titanium and was wondering if anyone has a problem in receiving texts via a connected iphone in that it's ok receiving texts but the id for the sender is "UNKNOWN" even though the sender is in my phone book.

Is there a fix for this does anyone know?

Many thanks.

Sorry to bump an old post as my first post but was wondering if anyone has found an answer to this.

• 11 months later...

I just got a 2012 titanium reg 2013 and the voice on the air con does not work like you . I was told that the new up date to sync has done this and no fix for it . I have ask if we can go back to first update and was told no .I email ford and they told me to book it in at my local ford . so I did and they can not fix it .

Don't think the air con or sat nav is available via sync in the UK.

I have heard from Ford with the standard reply that they need to know my local dealer. As my local dealer cannot resolve the problem I can't see the point in Ford knowing who cannot fix it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club