Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pumaspeed Performance Down Pipe

Jwsturner

What gains?

Iv read through it and could not see any claims or figures

Although there are no actual figures in general i would expect a significant improvement in performance with the pumaspeed performance downpipe (i would cal it a decat decat/ downpipe)

The cat on these cars is very restrictive, demoving it and replacing it with a pipe reduces the back-pressure(downstream of the turbine) / improves gas flow and scavenging on the turbine (the exhaust part of the turbo)

- because the turbine spools up quicker the compressor spools up quicker too

(reducing lag/ improving throttle response) so the boost comes in quicker - improving midrange torque/ power - the actual peak boost pressure stays the same (it is controlled by the actuator/ ECU/ wastegate or VNT) so its safe, the cat is not nessesary for a UK MOT at present

The free -flow (scavenging/ breathing) of the exhaust gasses helps the top end power helps the engine rev

Its a bit expensive for a decat, but you get a decat, downpipe and flexi in one unit

Probably to get the full benifit of this, you would need a performance exhaust (replace the restrictive baffles with "straight-through" silencers) and a remap as well as improvements to the air intake - all these things together woud probably give "serious" gains

(a remap at the least - because it would give the biggest gain for the least outlay)

An injector upgrade, larger FMIC and hybrid (larger) turbo set up right could potentially give 140-150hp i recon though these things would be expensive and not shure about the cost effectiveness.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club