Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost

James Rosier

Hey guys I got a 2013 1.0 ecoboost (125) titanium and I was wondering what MPG people are getting and how many miles to a tank, mine seems to be drinking fuel, no idea why, had It 9 days and already had to fill up twice.. I am driving like a granny so not revving the nuts out of it.

Hope anyone can help

Cheers

Honest john's real mpg for the 1.0 125 is about 40 mpg. This is what other owners have been getting. What Car's true mpg service is customisable, so take a look for yourself, but it says about 40 mpg driving economically.

What sort of mpg are you getting?

Also bear in mind that your car will not be as economical until it is run in, typically a few thousand miles.

i heard some people saying that the 1.0 ecoboost is not that economic ..

I'm getting around 37 at the moment at 500 odd miles, so hopefully will get better...

jmbrown91 has the same engine, have a search for his posts!

You'll be a bit more reassured :)

That's poor MPG, hopefully it will get better when it's run in, my 1.8 petrol 125ps gets 37mpg average and 40mpg on a long run.

It's a small engine pulling a lot of car , Ford's MPG is always far from actual MPG , i'm down to 28.3 :huh: on a 1.6 ecoboost , i may as well have an St. lmao :lol:

jmbrown91 has the same engine, have a search for his posts!

You'll be a bit more reassured :)

Yeah iv been texting him!

Well I'm going for a long drive next week to longleat centre parks! So 125 miles each way! Hopefully that will be a nice break in drive for her!

I'm averaging around 40.8mpg atm, cars done just about 3200 miles...I reckon after a few thousand miles more it will start to rise. This weather doesn't help things! Bring on the summer!

The 1.6 ti vct was claimed to improve mpg but in reality its no different to the 1.8 i had unless you drive the same route as someone else there mpg isnt valid as traffic inclines distance air temperature etc all effect a cars mpg

The actual mpg for the car from owners is 35-47mpg average being 40mpg my ti vct was claimed to have better mpg than the standard 1.6 standard it was 42-44mpg but gave 36.8 the ti vct should have given a 5% improvement with 42.8-44.8 mpg actual is 35.8 i think the 1.0 was great for the fiesta and ka but the focus being a heavy car needs a bit more

I should be getting my new Focus Titanium X (125) soon so will keep you posted what kind of MPG I get too!

Well I'm going for a long drive next week to longleat centre parks! So 125 miles each way! Hopefully that will be a nice break in drive for her!

Out of interest, has your MPG improved at all this week?

Out of interest, has your MPG improved at all this week?

Hi there

Am currently driving to longleat, MPG has gone up to 40mpg

Doing about 440 miles to a full tank now!

Loving it so much!

Hi there

Am currently driving to longleat, MPG has gone up to 40mpg

Doing about 440 miles to a full tank now!

Loving it so much!

Getting better and better then, is that using cruise control going at 70mph? Or slower? Fingers crossed it'll keep improving for you!

Getting better and better then, is that using cruise control going at 70mph? Or slower? Fingers crossed it'll keep improving for you!

Yeah that was 70 and sometimes 80 shhh lol

• Haha 1

Lol, that's quite impressive so early on then! Happy to hear that as I'm picking mine up this Saturday!!

Lol, that's quite impressive so early on then! Happy to hear that as I'm picking mine up this Saturday!!

You will love it! My girlfriend loves it to coz it's so quiet but when you put ya foot down that little 3 cylinder sounds beasty!

• Like 1

You will love it! My girlfriend loves it to coz it's so quiet but when you put ya foot down that little 3 cylinder sounds beasty!

Yeah I honestly can't wait now, this week can't go fast enough! Think it will be one hell of an upgrade from a 1.25 Fiesta with 82ps to the 1ltr 125ps!! Couldn't believe how quiet it was in the test drive but still with so much power available :)

After picking up my Focus on Saturday I've done around 100 miles and it is currently averaging 33mpg so not terrible. I have been testing out the acceleration too so once I've had my fun it should go much further per tank!

It is such a good drive though, no complaints so far so would recommend to anyone!!

• 7 months later...

Hi there I've just joined this site so my reply maybe a bit late. However a few months ago I decided to really test the economy. This is what I achieved on an engine with 6k miles on the clock.

On a long run (600 miles) to Switzerland cruising at a steady 65 I managed 52 mpg. On the way back holding around 72 I got 49 mpg.

On mixed driving I've been getting around 43 and on urban only driving 38 mpg.

Now we don't all go on long trips everyday but it proved it could handle a long run although a lot of drivers wouldn't want to stay at 65 for too long.

For your information I didn't take these figures from the display but simply took note of the miles driven and how many litres it took to fill up again.

It hasn't achieved the official figures but I can forgive it as it's so great to drive (especially through the mountain passes) plus the refinement was light years ahead of my old Mark 1.

Hope this helps.

it never will achieve the figures thats a fact all buyers guides now tell you ignore fords optimistic mpg figures its a good car if you can get past that point

To be honest I was delighted by its long distance economy and never expected to reach the official figures. My Golf never did either (but the Focus is far better to drive)

i just dont look at the mpg anymore i know its about 39mpg driving short distance back roads just enjoy the drive

Just received my 1.0T last week while I was off work, spent a lot of time in town average dropped to 32.8 mpg :-s.

Now back to my daily routine today it has started to climb already at 34 mpg hopefully will it will keep on climbing.

Such an easy car to drive smooth & can't wait till I've run it in, so I use the full beans :-)