Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

that's looking good fella and loving the strip loks like it belongs there

• Like 1

Looks the business now with all the neat little touches. Wished I was going to the fair in June now!

• Like 1

Very smart indeed Lenny !!!!!

That is just Unlucky about the passenger side, but practise makes perfect !!!

Thanks Oliver, beleve it or not; i fitted the drivers side first and it turned out ok, but i got a small crease when going from front - back door but managed to sort it.

So i then though it best to line up the passenger side and cut the door line prior to fitting. As this would dodge (parden the pun) the ripple,

It did but i then failed to check alignment of the rear door, can be solved though.

even with the misalignment, it still looked sweet as a nut!

by the way, I still hate you for giving me all these idea's that I cant afford ;)

Thanks Jeeb, sorry for the discomfort mate, looking forward to hearing your reviews on the EGR blanking.

damn thats sexy!

lol cheers

Well done lenny!

Code works brilliantly, and the vinyl looks good!

You tried gently heating with a hairdryer to gently pull it off? Of course if your not comfortable with it then dont as you could stretch the vinyl!

To be fair it sounds like your doing the right thing by reordering the vinyl.

Thanks for advice dave,

I think I'll leave it as is until the replacement stripe arrives,

I'm now glad had the windows tinted first, because nobody can see the numpty who made a pigs rasher of the stripe lol

"Hand over face and carry on"

If I make it to ford fair the stripes will be as they are because DMB take 2-3 weeks to reach me.

"Even though he said he would stop Lenny made a few more modifications to his Focus" -

attachicon.gif Ford_GT_.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Just having a larf - i love it how the finishing touches brings it all together

Hahaa brilliant !!!

:lol: I had thought of putting "S" on it or "ZETEC S" but its not a petrol so 0-60 doesn't come quick enough to bare the name on a stripe, however it does have torque, somthing a Ford GT has plenty of, so I went with it,

Also ties in with the Ford Racing 4bar boost gauge and oil pressure in the dash pod.

Amazing what a few stripes and a lowering kit can do. ;)

agree 100% clive

that's looking good fella and loving the strip looks like it belongs there

Thanks barry, luckily came togeather nicely,

Looks the business now with all the neat little touches. Wished I was going to the fair in June now!

thanks harrison, hope to recruit some more members in ireland and arrange a meet somewhere secenec

An Ireland meet would be totally awesome! I haven't been to a meet in years!

How many others here on the forums are from Ireland(the whole of Ireland)? A nice empty car park lot or scenic point, a bit of social media advertising and we could get the ball rolling I reckon. I would be up for that :)

• Like 1

Lenny what percentage is your tint? front and back. I am at the process of trying hard to find someone good to tint mine, i think i will go 70% on the back (30% light through) and 30% front sides (70% light through) as this is the max legal allowed amount on the front sides. Not sure how hard 70% actually is.

Will give insurer a call tomorrow to find out price

• Like 1

Lenny what percentage is your tint? front and back. I am at the process of trying hard to find someone good to tint mine, i think i will go 70% on the back (30% light through) and 30% front sides (70% light through) as this is the max legal allowed amount on the front sides. Not sure how hard 70% actually is.

Will give insurer a call tomorrow to find out price

Hi Kurt,

Mine are 35% rear which is 65% light through,

No trouble seeing out rear window when reversing at night etc.

Fronts are 10% tint applied to the windows guranteed to pass MOT

The legal limit on front windows in ireland is 25% so giving the windows would have a factory tint of 15% or less,

Then 10% is applied to ensure it stays legal.

Love your alloys mate.

Thanks Rhino

I think the lowering has made them stand out a bit more.

I like the way they reflect the light when rolling,

Sadly I only see this when reflected in shop windows as i drive past lol

Update:

Got home from work today and decided to take advantage of the 50 minutes sun shine.

I stopped off in the super market on the way home and picked up a roll of 100L bin liners.

Got home and used them to mask up the front bumper as I wanted to touch up the tip of the splitter,

I scuffed the splitter before lowering on eibach's

Beleve it or not

The front end is now higher than it was on standard springs, so the chances of scuffing the splitter again are now less.

So anyways; I got the whole front end masked up,

Then went to pick up the can of Gloss Black paint from the shed,

Then it struck me; I hadn't actually bought the !Removed! paint!!

And here I was 30 minutes away from rain with the car not drivable as its masked,

The very kind missus walked down to the local motor factors for me and purchased a can of Holtz Gloss black which funny enough has an ST printed on the tin lol

It was then lashing down before she got home but I shelterd the splitter with more bin liners and got at it after the rain stopped.

Turned out a perfect match,

Another job off the list.

IMG_20130528_214449_zpsa4e9b620.jpg

IMG_20130528_215240_zps5ae3d04d.jpg

IMG_20130528_214509_zps0dc61e25.jpg

IMG_20130528_214523_zpsd4d07a79.jpg

IMG_20130528_214509_zps0dc61e25.jpg

IMG_20130528_215313_zpsb2462bf0.jpg

I then removed the Reg plates to line up with the show plates using tape,

Then drill the screw holes in to the same locations on the show plates ready for swapping over next Sunday.

IMG_20130528_220240_zps4fe2806b.jpg

IMG_20130528_220154_zpsc92b3275.jpg

Rear one is a bit off because I had only secured one screw in place for image purposes, it is level once secured ;)

IMG_20130528_215354_zpsaa58028c.jpg

The good staff at DMB Graphics have dispatched the replacement passenger side stripe today with tracking number so will reach me Thursday/Friday in good time.

And finally

Ive made use of my last decal put it on the slam panel.

IMG_20130528_220224_zps5e3aae42.jpg

• Like 1

It's all looking well, shall look forward to seein this in the flesh on Sunday

• Like 1

It's all looking well, shall look forward to seein this in the flesh on Sunday

Cheers mate, looking forward to seeing yours there too hopfully the weather stays good will be a great day.

You have a real "eye for it" all the modifications etc look "right" like they always should have been like that, even the sttickers etc

Are there rules about what you can put on the show plates or anything goes? im just looking at the show plates and im thinking the "Focus Zetec S" is a bit "factual" "impersonal", and im thinking something like "Lennys Focus" or "The Blue Horizon" would be a bit more "personal" (you would probably have people coming up and asking "how come- its not blue" :lol: ) this is not meant to be a critisicim - im just "thinking aloud" / thinking the plates could reflect the "flair" of the rest of the car :)

• Like 2

looking good fella and its all come togeather perfectly mate

• Like 1

How many others here on the forums are from Ireland(the whole of Ireland)? A nice empty car park lot or scenic point, a bit of social media advertising and we could get the ball rolling I reckon. I would be up for that :)

I agree totally mate an Ireland meet would be the job :)

• Like 1

You have a real "eye for it" all the modifications etc look "right" like they always should have been like that, even the sttickers etc

Are there rules about what you can put on the show plates or anything goes? im just looking at the show plates and im thinking the "Focus Zetec S" is a bit "factual" "impersonal", and im thinking something like "Lennys Focus" or "The Blue Horizon" would be a bit more "personal" (you would probably have people coming up and asking "how come- its not blue" :lol: ) this is not meant to be a critisicim - im just "thinking aloud" / thinking the plates could reflect the "flair" of the rest of the car :)

Thanks for commenting Foca mate i take all opinions on board,

I did put 12 days of thought in to "what should the plates say?"

I had considerd "lennys focus" but 1. People would say "who is lenny" 2. People would say "what a poser"

I had thought of "show us your oval" ;) no rules regarding show plates neither, mainly wanted them so as I blend in with others,

Rather than being a pink elephant with the ireland registration.

looking good fella and its all come togeather perfectly mate

thanks barry, it has been very enjoyable however the past few weeks have been stresfull trying to forcast the costs and not adding extras such as a set of wind deflectors lol I was very tempted

I agree totally mate an Ireland meet would be the job :)

Ok even if its just the three of us id like to arrange a south-east meet or if more are interested then we can plan some place central for all to travel relatively equal distance,

Perhaps arrange it for august?

Give everyone some time to prepare and perhaps finish off a few plans,

Id prefer one of you guys chose a location.

• Like 1

I'd prob be up for somethin central too ya know...anywhere in between north-west and sout-east then!

• Like 1

I'd prob be up for somethin central too ya know...anywhere in between north-west and sout-east then!

Co.meath it is then lol

As long as there's a road to it I'll be there.

I may create a new thread for this topic of meet in ireland.

Once we choose a place then perhaps we can get quardenants for sat nav to ensure we all arrive on dot location.

• Like 1

update:

Last day of Deliverys in Ireland before Ford Fair 2013,

I haven't received the replacement strip purchased from dmb on 23rd May only 8 days ago and paid 10pounds for expess post lmao go faster stripes don't go faster even by express post it seems.

I have tracking number for it though so will arrive on Tuesday of next week.

More importantly though I haven't received anything from Ford Fair confirming my application or parking position,

I have emailed them yesterday for information but no response yet.

So I may be on display in the car park section lol ain't paying twice after traveling 6hrs from home.

Left the car in for a vallet and wax on the way home from work, collecting it at 17:00 then fitting the QR Code decal

I've updated page 1 of this thread to reflect the QR Code idea. Its now aimed at new readers being introduced to the forum.

I've painted the spacer sections between the front alloys and the brake discs yesterday evening.

IMG_20130529_191626_zps08887ce0.jpg

IMG_20130529_192328_zps46878304.jpg

IMG_20130529_194025_zpscfdbcf00.jpg

I'm in work tomorrow aswell then traveling to Monaghan for an overnight stay prior to a 7am Departure to portrush for Causeway Coast Ford Fair 2013

So 22:00 tonite is my last time on here until Monday evening 3rd June when I'll update with some images.

Have a nice weekend people,

Hope to see some of you at Ford Fair for its 9th year.

• Like 3

hope the weather holds up for you fella and the car is looking spot on

• Like 1

Nice one - only tip i can think of is take lots of valeting products/ cloths to spruce the car up again when you are there, especially for the tyres/ wheels, tyrewall black brings the tyres up nice (makes them look like new) its handy to have a handheld vaccum cleaner to clean up anything caused by the trip, and the front can get covered in flies that can be hard to get off, glass is very important and glass polish gets a better result than spray, but can only be used in dry conditions. Enjoy it/ have a good one

• Like 1

hope the weather holds up for you fella and the car is looking spot on

Nice one - only tip i can think of is take lots of valeting products/ cloths to spruce the car up again when you are there, especially for the tyres/ wheels, tyrewall black brings the tyres up nice (makes them look like new) its handy to have a handheld vaccum cleaner to clean up anything caused by the trip, and the front can get covered in flies that can be hard to get off, glass is very important and glass polish gets a better result than spray, but can only be used in dry conditions. Enjoy it/ have a good one

Thanks for advice guys,

As usual the local valeting crew made a fantastic job, unfortunitly they don't have a company name to quote,

Focus is shining :)

IMG_20130531_202234_zps15d29712.jpg

IMG_20130531_202109_zpsc45dae7b.jpg

Few finishing touches

IMG_20130531_202127_zps11b3030c.jpg

IMG_20130531_202146_zps548367bb.jpg

And packed some latex gloves with cleaning supplies in the boot aswell as screw driverto swap plates.

Sat Nav is set.

Just gotta get through work tomorrow.

Nice of you to post a pic of my missus ;)

Bet you wish it was yours :p

• Like 2

Nice of you to post a pic of my missus ;)

Bet you wish it was yours :p

Aw sorry mate didn't notice lol

that's her sister ;)

• Like 1

Lmfao :-) not long now Lenny !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club