Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

Nice Lenny, so would you recommend the cool blue intense as a road legal white/xenon look replacement for dipped bulbs. They certainly look good. I like my philips diamond vision, but obviously not road legal and would definitely fail an MOT. And having to take them out before any servicing/mot etc is just plain annoying

Also the cree H11 fogs, do you have any links for the ones you bought, as I got these ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181281512154?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 thinking they were from a UK supplier, only to find they came from China and the drivers side one has blown after less than 24hours.

I'm tempted to just get some of these halogen bulbs for a white look http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-H11-H-11-711-XENON-HID-SUPER-WHITE-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-/110572507057?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19bea28fb1

• Like 1

I had osram cool blue for about a year, i replaced them with the Philips blues when they blew

IMO id go for the osrams, they're the whitest light when you're driving, but have a bluer look when you look at them :)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Lenny mate how do you find the brightness of the cool blue intense compared to that of the nightbreaker unlimiteds for night time driving?

And hyrule your diamond vision should pass the mot no problem. Examiners cant physically remove the bulbs to look for E marks. As long as it doesnt produce a stupidly blue light and just looks white you should be fine.

I know this cause my car sailed through its last mot with no advisories with osram cool blue hypers fitted which are also not E marked.

• Like 1

Nice Lenny, so would you recommend the cool blue intense as a road legal white/xenon look replacement for dipped bulbs. They certainly look good. I like my philips diamond vision, but obviously not road legal and would definitely fail an MOT. And having to take them out before any servicing/mot etc is just plain annoying

Also the cree H11 fogs, do you have any links for the ones you bought, as I got these ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181281512154?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 thinking they were from a UK supplier, only to find they came from China and the drivers side one has blown after less than 24hours.

I'm tempted to just get some of these halogen bulbs for a white look http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-H11-H-11-711-XENON-HID-SUPER-WHITE-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-/110572507057?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19bea28fb1

thanks mate,

i reckon the perfect combination for both style and visibility has to be Osram Nightbreaker Plus in the high beam H1, Osram Cool Blue intense in the low beam H7 Cree T10 6000k in the parking bulbs and Cree H11 6000k in the fogs

heres the seller i purchased from with the latest model of Cree H11, i have the first generation Cree H11

heres the ones i have:

http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=289

But this is the latest version from the same reliable seller:

http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=521

bit pricey but they do look just like HID but not blinding to on coming traffic.

please Note: No LED bulb such as cree fogs is road legal because LED Bulbs cannot be focused,

so cree led fogs should fail MOT, but parking bulbs and DRL's are fine, led Reverse should be fine too as there classed as Auxillay lighting for indicating.

but front fogs, high beam and low beam in led form by right are not road legal however you may get away with it.

Lenny mate how do you find the brightness of the cool blue intense compared to that of the nightbreaker unlimiteds for night time driving?

And hyrule your diamond vision should pass the mot no problem. Examiners cant physically remove the bulbs to look for E marks. As long as it doesnt produce a stupidly blue light and just looks white you should be fine.

I know this cause my car sailed through its last mot with no advisories with osram cool blue hypers fitted which are also not E marked.

Hi Charlie,

i reckon the Osram Cool blue intense are a whiter light than the Osram Nightbreaker plus,

Osram say the nightbreakers are brighter than the cool blue, and that is true but i think the white beam is perfect for the low beam, goes nice with the 6000kelvin parking bulbs and cree fogs, but i would keep the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs in for the high beam.

liking the new bulbs fella

thanks mate, worth every penny

Lenny, your Vicki's car looks good with those lights. ;)

:lol: it does yeah.

help her keep it between the hedges

• Like 2

Fog lights are not tested on an UK MOT so won't fail with Cree bulbs.

FYI I have Cree fogs fitted.

• Like 1

Fog lights are not tested on an UK MOT so won't fail with Cree bulbs.

FYI I have Cree fogs fitted.

Ah good to know ;)

• Like 1

thanks mate,

i reckon the perfect combination for both style and visibility has to be Osram Nightbreaker Plus in the high beam H1, Osram Cool Blue intense in the low beam H7 Cree T10 6000k in the parking bulbs and Cree H11 6000k in the fogs

heres the seller i purchased from with the latest model of Cree H11, i have the first generation Cree H11

heres the ones i have:

http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=289

But this is the latest version from the same reliable seller:

http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=521

bit pricey but they do look just like HID but not blinding to on coming traffic.

please Note: No LED bulb such as cree fogs is road legal because led bulbs cannot be focused,

so cree led fogs should fail MOT, but parking bulbs and DRL's are fine, led Reverse should be fine too as there classed as Auxillay lighting for indicating.

but front fogs, high beam and low beam in led form by right are not road legal however you may get away with it.

Cheers, think I will sell the diamondvision and get the cool blue intense instead.

• Like 1

Lenny, your Vicki's car looks good with those lights. ;)

Thanks Clive.. .the cheek of him

• Like 3

I'm going crusing/ stalking Friday nite. ...il get more pictures of my bulbs in my car!

• Like 3

Vicki now the car is officially yours. Where are the eyelashes, if not just to wind Lenny up. :)

• Like 1

never mind flower stickers I think Vicky now needs a powered by fairy dust sticker on the back lol

• Like 2

Lol. ..give me time need something better than fairydust or eye lashes...suggestions welcome

• Like 3

Hi Charlie,

i reckon the Osram Cool blue intense are a whiter light than the Osram Nightbreaker plus,

Osram say the nightbreakers are brighter than the cool blue, and that is true but i think the white beam is perfect for the low beam, goes nice with the 6000kelvin parking bulbs and cree fogs, but i would keep the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs in for the high beam

How drastic is the difference in brightness on the road of the nightbreaker dipped compared to the cool blue dipped?

• Like 1

Totes drastic...Jodie Marsh before the surgery!!!

• Like 3

Cmon Vicki, you know you want to:

493990660_zpsc1318a6a.jpg

If not sneak out late at night and put them on the Toyota. LOL :D

Lenny will come out in the morning and look like this:

peterg_zps7ab14ec2.jpg

• Like 3

Cmon Vicki, you know you want to:

493990660_zpsc1318a6a.jpg

If not sneak out late at night and put them on the Toyota. LOL :D

Lenny will come out in the morning and look like this:

peterg_zps7ab14ec2.jpg

Hmmm. ..lol maybe on his Levin Ben.. .but ud have to chip in for my divource

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

well all am going to say is lenny you have done sum cracking mods to your car and it looks mint m8 your thread on what you have done is great but you have to start all over again now your missis has a focus good luck and keep us updated :D

• Like 1

well all am going to say is lenny you have done sum cracking mods to your car and it looks mint m8 your thread on what you have done is great but you have to start all over again now your missis has a focus good luck and keep us updated :D

thanks very much,

My focus is the one my missus has mate i signed it over to her in january,

I had a toyota levin coupe for a while but now im between the focus and a 9N2 VW polo

Small unexpected update regarding the focus:

IMG_20140507_124841_zps4xedmy4_edit_1399

Received a personally addressed application entry form for "Cause Way Coast Ford Fair 2014"

Taking place in Portrush Co.Antrim on 1st June,

This will be the 10th Anniversary at Cause Way Coast and the entry prize looks pretty sweet,

Sadly for me though i wont be traveling up this year,

Still it was very nice of them to write to me with the application,

IMG_20130603_165338_zps6f56e5b7.jpg

IMG_20130603_165302_zps1af693a0.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club