Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

Starting to think that i went a little overkill with the 2 farads for a 500w amp :whistling:

Although.. I did notice the car pulling power from it this morning when the battery was almost dead and the car started! B)

You could always save a few pennies and buy some a4 sheets of printable vinyl? that way you could print your own can and maybe sell the rest on the forum? or even make your own then use the rest of the sheets for some smart flames around your wheel arches! :P

• Like 1

Starting to think that i went a little overkill with the 2 farads for a 500w amp :whistling:

Although.. I did notice the car pulling power from it this morning when the battery was almost dead and the car started! B)

You could always save a few pennies and buy some a4 sheets of printable vinyl? that way you could print your own can and maybe sell the rest on the forum? or even make your own then use the rest of the sheets for some smart flames around your wheel arches! :P

The calculation ratio they use is 0.5 fared to every 500watts some now debate than anything lower than 700watts doesn't need a capacitor as new modern day Class D amps are more power efficient,

Hence 0.5fared capacitors are difficult to source brand new these days,

A 1.0 fared capacitor would be quite sufficient for you and cushion the demands from your Mono amp just as good. while being half the weight of the 2 fared should you ever decide to shave some weight off the motor.

Another option for you if the capacitor has two output terminals;

Feed 0AWG cable from battery to the capacitor then run two outputs of 4AWG to your amps this way the capacitor cushions the heavy demands of your mono amp for the sub aswell as those glass shattering highs from the 4 channel feeding the mid range and tweeters.

Overall there's no real need to fit a capacitor to a multi channel amp feeding stereo sound, because the flow of current is generally quite stable,

Capacitors are more necessary on Mono amplifiers feeding heavy bass to a sub or subs which demand a lot of instant power to provide the correct level of impact at the right time.

I don't have a printer or even a Windows based computer mate,

My laptop packed up two years ago,

I've been too busy modding to buy a replacement and have been using 7" Android Tablet since the laptop broke,

DMB Graphics are top quality provider and to be honest id prefer to be giving them some business and then promote there service to others when i post some pictures of the results :) that's what it's all about sharing interests building ideas and recommending reliable businesses that assist you along the way.

• Like 2

I heard the 500 to 0.5 aswell but as there wasn't much difference in price I went for the 2 farad capacitor :)

It had one + connection, one - & one remote on & it's secured in the boot! Good idea with running cables to both amps as I could do it with plenty of power headroom (assuming it's an honest measurement by BOSS and not a "peak" or some other misleading reading :)

Tablets are the way to go, especially android (I say this whilst posting off an iPad!) but yeah.. Even jailbroke I find my iPad limited, android tablets thinking about swapping.. easier to print from too!

I've never been lucky enough to purchase from DMB myself as they stopped making Gel badges before I had chance to order.. Gutted! Still haven't decided where to buy from instead.. Got a few different places! I considered a "doming resin" kit off the bay for about £15 but decided against it

• Like 1

I heard the 500 to 0.5 aswell but as there wasn't much difference in price I went for the 2 farad capacitor :)

It had one + connection, one - & one remote on & it's secured in the boot! Good idea with running cables to both amps as I could do it with plenty of power headroom (assuming it's an honest measurement by BOSS and not a "peak" or some other misleading reading :)

Boss capacitors are highly regarded as "true fared" capacitors if it says 2.0 its more likely to be 2.1

I once had a vibe 2.0 :lol: bought it for a little 8AWG 250w Fusion Encounter mono amplifier back in 2006 before i got myself educated in the field of car audio,

One thing ill say about the 2 fared and higher in make sure you "tie that kangaroo down sport" that's one heavy projectile destination the front of the car in the unfortunate event of having an accident,

But anyways it had two positive outputs which led me to assume all 2.0 Fared capacitors had.

I was considering purchasing a 0AWG kit now to run from battery to boot then T off two 4AWG vibe slick kits from that because the vibe kits come with only 5 metres positive cable; I'm not sure that's going to be long enough to reach from battery to where i want the amps to be positioned,

However when i take in to consideration the cost of purchasing a 0AWG kit aswell as a fused 0AWG to two 4AWG outputs splitter,

The overall cost is 50-60 Pounds

So I'm going to measure up later today, if the existing length isn't long enough then ill purchase a replacement longer length of 4AWG cable to replace it rather than going for an additional 0AWG kit because i already have two inline fuse adaptors and crimp terminals prepared for 4AWG

It's available at 4.75 per metre works out alot cheaper than fitting a 0AWG kit at this stage.

However if i was purchasing my wiring all over again id purchase this kit instead of the three vibe kits:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rockford-Fosgate-RFK1D-DUAL-AMP-1-0-AWG-Amplifier-WIRING-KIT-True-Gauge-/201188028634?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed7bdb0da

Doesn't work out any cheaper but would be a slightly tidier way of installation beneath the surface.

Tablets are the way to go, especially android (I say this whilst posting off an iPad!) but yeah.. Even jail broke I find my iPad limited, android tablets thinking about swapping.. easier to print from too!

I've never been lucky enough to purchase from DMB myself as they stopped making Gel badges before I had chance to order.. Gutted! Still haven't decided where to buy from instead.. Got a few different places! I considered a "doming resin" kit off the bay for about £15 but decided against it

I bought my Daughters a 9" Android tablet for Christmas to play games on instead of my phone, surprisingly cheap on eBay, i recommend formatting prior to use encase its being remotely monitored for bank information which would explain the cheap price,

But once formatted your good to go and they do actually ship from within the UK see link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131343376922

I only use it for games but the quality is exceptional for the price.

• Like 2

Rockford Fosgate make quality products. I have my 4 channel amp from them and it rocks. Sadly they don't seem to be as widely available here as they are in the USA. I reckon that the kit would be a lot tidier and easier to fit. I myself with the 2 vibe kits should have considered the option you mentioned. In the end for me I did it in steps, so having two wires from the battery was the easier option.

I still have my capacitor and still debating whether to fit it back in but I know already that the mono amp would benefit from it. I have noticed that if I have the car running and put on the front and rear windscreen heaters, the power is sapped from the car. I reckon having 2 amps in the car does have a drain on the battery. Speaking of which, any recommendations for a new battery? My one is ok at the moment but it's starting to show signs of aging.

With the regards to the sound deadening, I think I will have to wait till spring/summer time to get it done myself. I reckon if I start saving now then I can afford a weekend to get it all done. 2 days to strip the car, apply Silent coat and then the Dodo Liner would do the trick. Realistically it will have to be when we move in the new house as there will be my new covered garage there :P

As for the Red Bull decal, reckon it will look ace. And the tablets look cool. Just remember that kids figure out how to use them very quickly and have a passcode for the Play store as my little one bought stuff on it twice already. Also, have a parental lock on it for adult content as it's far too easy to access by mistake. The tablets would come in handy for long car journeys. No need for a flip down screen then and they each have their own :)

• Like 2

Parental advice about as welcome as the free prawn crackers you get with a Chinese

• Like 3

Rockford Fosgate make quality products. I have my 4 channel amp from them and it rocks. Sadly they don't seem to be as widely available here as they are in the USA. I reckon that the kit would be a lot tidier and easier to fit. I myself with the 2 vibe kits should have considered the option you mentioned. In the end for me I did it in steps, so having two wires from the battery was the easier option.

It's too late for me to purchase the Rockford Fosgate Dual Amplifier installation kit aswell but we achieve exactly the same results as we are with two 4AWG kits.

I still have my capacitor and still debating whether to fit it back in but I know already that the mono amp would benefit from it. I have noticed that if I have the car running and put on the front and rear windscreen heaters, the power is sapped from the car. I reckon having 2 amps in the car does have a drain on the battery. Speaking of which, any recommendations for a new battery? My one is ok at the moment but it's starting to show signs of aging.

There's a Bosh S range or something its called,

Log on to Bosch battery website choose your car then the premium spec battery from them has a better capacity and available from Halfords whom will also fit it for you with your 15% Discount Card :)

Also don't leave your old battery with Halfords, Google search for your local scrappy and they will pay you for it ;) every little helps

The heated windscreen always zaps power when using it as it draws 40amps that's 20 for each half of the screen.

I plan on looking in to fitting what they call "the big three upgrade"

See videos on YouTube,

Upgrade the earth feeds from altanator to battery, engine block to battery and chassis to battery all done in either 4 or 0 gauge cable.

With the regards to the sound deadening, I think I will have to wait till spring/summer time to get it done myself. I reckon if I start saving now then I can afford a weekend to get it all done. 2 days to strip the car, apply Silent coat and then the Dodo Liner would do the trick. Realistically it will have to be when we move in the new house as there will be my new covered garage there :P

sounds awesome a man Cave, gotta get yourself a mini bar and dart board to go in it aswell.

As for the Red Bull decal, reckon it will look ace. And the tablets look cool. Just remember that kids figure out how to use them very quickly and have a passcode for the Play store as my little one bought stuff on it twice already. Also, have a parental lock on it for adult content as it's far too easy to access by mistake. The tablets would come in handy for long car journeys. No need for a flip down screen then and they each have their own :)

Ah it's not connected to Wi-Fi unless were downloading games for them no worries,

Probably no need for a flip down aswell but it looks good mate :lol:

• Like 2

Update:

Continuing on from Page: 65 of this thread where i completed the boot cavity panel.

link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/page-65

And my Custom 10" Sub enclosure & amplifier panel install Guide link here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63695-guide-fitting-custom-amp-sub-enclosure-mk2-mk25-focus-2005-2011/

I Took a few hours today to open up the two vibe slick 4AWG amplifier wiring kits and the 8AWG kit to piece a few looms required for the installation.

Figured by preparing them in advance it will maximize efficiency time in the last week of May.

As all i gotta do is pick them out of the box and bring them to the car.

Also should any issues arise its much better to resolve them now rather than struggling on the week.

Started off with one of the Vibe FastPlug's and the remote sensor feed,

IMG_20150111_120621_zps956r2ngw.jpg

Using an Allen key opened the fastener,

IMG_20150111_120702_zpsu6pbrzi4.jpg

Inserted sensor feed and clamped it tight

IMG_20150111_120819_zpsfhxfly28.jpg

Both ends done now with plenty of excess,

The sensor feed on both amps will be spliced together and fed as one single feed to the headunit enabling the amps to power on/off along with the headunit.

IMG_20150111_121225_zpswedi8z3b.jpg

Now all previous installs I've done have been using 8 gauge cable,

This is my first time using 4 gauge cable and its massive :lol: could run a kitchen cooker with the stuff.

See image below;

8AWG on the left and 4AWG on the right

IMG_20150111_123128_zps8ec9swvc.jpg

IMG_20150111_123152_zpsuukfv3f_edit_1421

I didn't have a wire strippers big enough to strip the insulation so i had to pare it with a Stanley blade,

In the image below you can see ive prepared the Mono Amp install kit as much as possible,

IMG_20150111_125815_zps6juy4z8x.jpg

It's missing two things:

4AWG Earth feed from FastPlug to Amplifier.

4AWG Positive feed from Fuse to FastPlug connection.

The kit comes supplied with 5 meters of positive feed, however the location i have planned to fit the mono Amp requires a length of 7 meters to work comfortably.

That's first item on shopping list:

7 meter length of red 4AWG cable

Next problem it the length of the earth feed provided is only 1 meter not enough for me to cut some off and use to bridge the gap between FastPlug and the amp which brings me to the second item required on the shopping list :)

2 metre length of brown 4AWG cable

To patch the gap on both FastPlug's between Amp and connector.

I have around 2.5 Metres of positive 4 gauge cable but it's red and i need brown so I'm not using it :lol: going for brown to keep things proper.

In image below:

Both kits are now prepared as much as possible,

Mono amp wiring on top

4 Channel amp wiring on bottom

They just need fused positive feeds from battery and earth patch cables

IMG_20150111_135909_zpsgbu8ruj_edit_1421

Follow this i moved on to the Vibe FlatFlex 16 AWG speaker cable.

This stuff really lives up to the name here it is next to a roll of 19mm tape; look how flat it is :)

IMG_20150111_142848_zpshvf3cm1n.jpg

Initially i was thinking "how an i gonna strip this stuff"

But i used a snips cutting it on the flat then pulling,

I then saw the core is barrel centre which is awsome :)

The sleeve is flat but copper is circular inside.

IMG_20150111_142803_zpsv7cesqi_edit_1421

Each Vibe Slick amplifier installation kit comes supplied with 10 Metres of FlatFlex in the form of two 5 metre lengths,

Since i bought three kits i ended up with 30 metres plus i purchased an additional roll of 10 metres just to be sure to be sure.

IMG_20150111_141846_zpswrs7ik6x.jpg

IMG_20150111_153905_zpsofswhcsb.jpg

I then made up the looms to go from the 4 channel Amp in the boot compartment to each of the four doors attaching 5 metres of FlatFlex to each connection.

Firstly two 1.5 metre length four core connections which will wire in to the 4 channel amplifier permanently and mount to the rear of the MDF panel

IMG_20150111_162820_zps44cyznfb.jpg

IMG_20150111_150242_zpsuv4avjb_edit_1421

I've put female connection on the rear speaker outputs from the amplifier.

And

Male connection on the front speaker outputs from the amplifier.

There's two reasons i done this:

To prevent error of fitting front to rear when connecting at later date following panel removal.

Its impossible to mix them up.

I've got an additional female socket carrying 50W feeds directly from the headunit.

This socket will remain in the car when/if the custom boot panel needs removing to fold down seat making room for cargo.

Simply unplug front Speakers feed from the amplifier and plug directly in to the feed coming from the headunit's internal 50w source :)

Labeled the ends of all cables and ensured all polarity matched up correctly.

IMG_20150111_162802_zpsheb7g0ax.jpg

There all labeled and ready to go :)

5 metres allocated to each door run and 5 metres left on the roll to run a double core feed from Mono Amplifier to the Sub.

IMG_20150111_181617_zpskd4h4jh_edit_1421

A good days work finished.

Just gotta order 7 meter length of Vibe 4AWG red cable

And 2 meter length of Vibe 4AWG Negative cable to complete the looms and there's a blooming surprise :rolleyes: it ain't coming cheap

Positive 4AWG:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Flatlines-4AWG-Amplifier-Power-Cable-Wire-4-Gauge-AWG-1M-Red-Clear/251113035519?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=27678&meid=8a76103533804c6f8fbca0d9f869d5c6&pid=100005&prg=11379&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=261070670815&rt=nc

Negative 4AWG:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Flatlines-4AWG-Amplifier-Ground-Cable-Wire-4-Gauge-AWG-1M-black-Clear-/261070670815?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cc9064bdf

This now is a perfect example why people fit 0 gauge from battery to boot compartment then T off two 4 gauge feeds.

Because then you never exceed the standard 5 meter lengths which kits provide, meaning you don't get stung like myself now having to purchase a bespoke 7 meter 4AWG positive to reach the rear drivers side quarter boot panel to power a Mono Amp.

:rolleyes: too late to turn back now, and i suppose there is cheaper 4 gauge on the market but the rest of the wiring kit is from Vibe so ill eh "keep the vibes" as scooter used to say back in 94

Having prepared the looms takes a lot of thinking out of fitting on the week of installation by just following the labels.

IMG_20141012_090025_zpshxtwbnon.jpg

• Like 4

So neat!! And so proffessional..!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks David,

Looking forward to fitting in all together last week of May,

Just preparing it all ready for fitting.

The 19mm plastic rings for inserting to holes drilled into the MDF panel below the amplifier arrived today.

They have a break in the circle but this closes tight when inserted to a 19mm hole.

Link to Supplier: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291261359852

IMG_20150112_160822_zpsq4pvngs_edit_1421

IMG_20150112_160757_zpsmlvnpkk_edit_1421

I'm using them to protect cables from rubbing off the MDF when there fitted to the amp.

The cables will fit through these individually,

1 x for power feed,

1 x for negative feed,

1 x for front audio feeds,

1 x for rear audio feeds,

All of those will remain permanently connected to the amp as there terminated with plugs at rear of panel,

The only cable which needs to pass through when removing the panel is the RCA feed,

Sadly these 19mm are too small for the RCA's

I still highly recommend the 19mm for all other cables, just need a bigger one for RCA cable

Such as these 25mm from same supplier:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291252227872

19mm and 25mm Hole-saw bits can be purchased surprisingly cheap from this seller in china aswell:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191420988854?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D191420988854%26_rdc%3D1

Good enough to use once or twice for drilling, much cheaper than purchasing locally and will only need them once.

Just keeps getting better with all the attention to smallest detail for the top professional finish!

I am learning from you Lenny lol keep up the good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Very neat and professional looking. A tad bit OCD re the colours of the wire, but I think we are all like that when it comes to the car :P

Lenny, the flat speaker wires are the business. I like how when routing them, they fit in a very small gap and makes life much easier. Plus, they look awesome!

• Like 2

Just keeps getting better with all the attention to smallest detail for the top professional finish!

I am learning from you Lenny lol keep up the good stuff

Thanks Very much mate I've planned it out and sourced suppliers last September/October then searched again with the model number for the cheapest price as i had the funds to purchase that particular item, so far in doing this method and communicating with suppliers I've saved £400 off to total of the overall install so i suppose i can't complain about having to purchase additional cable @ £70,

The current plan is piecing together all the parts before 22nd May,

That's the deadline as I've booked off work from 22nd May - 02nd June this is when the car interior will be stripped to the metal,

Sound deadening materials applied throughout and all cables routed prior to piecing it all back together.

This is my second time performing a full sound upgrade in to a car,

My first car a 3 door starlet had:

15" and two 8"subs, set of 4" and 6x9's I've learned from installing it how to be a bit tidier.

This is my first time using sound deadening materials,

My inspiration has been "Hassan" and "Mr.Spock"

Having saw there build threads aswell as having been in Hassan's sound proofed focus "riding Shotgun" hearing the tight bass from the JL sub in the custom enclosure made me miss the sound i once had myself,

So since then I've been working on bringing it to my own focus aswell as putting my own tweaks on things.

Here's a link to Hassan's install:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/52338-2014-upgrades/

And

Mr. Spock's:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/44150-guide-to-complete-stereo-installation-focus-mk2/

I've built two of those carpeted MDF cavity panels as there was enough materials left over from creating my own,

If anyone's interested in it £15 Shipping and Donations welcome but not essential as its cost me nothing but time, since i had to purchase the same amount of materials to create my own panel.

Very neat and professional looking. A tad bit OCD re the colours of the wire, but I think we are all like that when it comes to the car :P

Lenny, the flat speaker wires are the business. I like how when routing them, they fit in a very small gap and makes life much easier. Plus, they look awesome!

I agree mate tad OCD but more importantly its compliant with HSA (Health&Safety) because the cable will be carrying a negative feed best to keep the polarity colour coding correct to avoid mixup throughout the lifespan of the car.

Plus I've come way to far across past five years to start cutting corners on the build.

Perhaps i can sell the 3 metres of red 4AWG on eBay for the cost of 2 metres brown 4AWG recuperate the cost that way,

RECI would be proud of my efforts :) (Register of Electrical Contractors of Ireland) :lol:

Totally agree regarding the FlatFlex mate its revolutionary; that's 4 cores per plug,

12 cores in total feeding to the panel, had FlatFlex not existed that collection of cables alone would be 1" square clump.

However thanks to FlatFlex technology its less than half an inch with even better sound quality copper inside aswell as being very manoeuvrable.

Next Update will be last week of the Month :)

• Like 2

Thanks Very much mate I've planned it out and sourced suppliers last September/October then searched again with the model number for the cheapest price as i had the funds to purchase that particular item, so far in doing this method and communicating with suppliers I've saved £400 off to total of the overall install so i suppose i can't complain about having to purchase additional cable @ £70,

The current plan is piecing together all the parts before 22nd May,

That's the deadline as I've booked off work from 22nd May - 02nd June this is when the car interior will be stripped to the metal,

Sound deadening materials applied throughout and all cables routed prior to piecing it all back together.

This is my second time performing a full sound upgrade in to a car,

My first car a 3 door starlet had:

15" and two 8"subs, set of 4" and 6x9's I've learned from installing it how to be a bit tidier.

This is my first time using sound deadening materials,

My inspiration has been "Hassan" and "Mr.Spock"

Having saw there build threads aswell as having been in Hassan's sound proofed focus "riding Shotgun" hearing the tight bass from the JL sub in the custom enclosure made me miss the sound i once had myself,

So since then I've been working on bringing it to my own focus aswell as putting my own tweaks on things.

Here's a link to Hassan's install:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/52338-2014-upgrades/

And

Mr. Spock's:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/44150-guide-to-complete-stereo-installation-focus-mk2/

I've built two of those carpeted MDF cavity panels as there was enough materials left over from creating my own,

If anyone's interested in it £15 Shipping and Donations welcome but not essential as its cost me nothing but time, since i had to purchase the same amount of materials to create my own panel.

I agree mate tad OCD but more importantly its compliant with HSA (Health&Safety) because the cable will be carrying a negative feed best to keep the polarity colour coding correct to avoid mixup throughout the lifespan of the car.

Plus I've come way to far across past five years to start cutting corners on the build.

Perhaps i can sell the 3 metres of red 4AWG on eBay for the cost of 2 metres brown 4AWG recuperate the cost that way,

RECI would be proud of my efforts :) (Register of Electrical Contractors of Ireland) :lol:

Totally agree regarding the FlatFlex mate its revolutionary; that's 4 cores per plug,

12 cores in total feeding to the panel, had FlatFlex not existed that collection of cables alone would be 1" square clump.

However thanks to FlatFlex technology its less than half an inch with even better sound quality copper inside aswell as being very manoeuvrable.

Next Update will be last week of the Month :)

On my way to Hospital now for a Cortisone injection in to the nerve between L4 & L5 Vertebra in my lower spine owww Yeah!!

Hope you good luck mate.

Yunii

• Like 1

Hope you good luck mate.

Yunii

Thanks mate :) pretty big quote there, sorta reminds me of my first Insurance

Cortisone in the spine....... Ouch

Hope it helps Lenny I'm not a bit jealous of that

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Cortisone in the spine....... Ouch

Hope it helps Lenny I'm not a bit jealous of that

Thanks Phil,

Well i got up this morning at 05:30 the whole family did :rolleyes: all piled into the focus and drove to Dublin for an appointment at 08:30

Now the back condition began to improve at end of November, still a low pain in the nerve but no sciatic so I've been off the medication since then,

Well one the odd time its sore after a days work but the walking 7 miles per week helped,

I figured the injection would finish it off,

So i went in and waiting room was me 29yrs old and rest were elderly men aged 80-90yrs old i was like WTF i must be bad,

Got called in,

Told em the story,

He says "wont give you the injection yet, go keep doing what your doing as your helping the condition yourself I'm very impressed"

Said " do a bit more labour in work, if you get hurt, phone us and we give you injection within 24hrs,

If pain doesn't get worse then phone us in April and we will sign you off the clinic"

Fingers crossed things continue to improve as the condition had me crippled from 1st May to 31st November and was something i found very difficult to accept given the fact its prevented me doing my job and hobby aswell as some family tasks.

I was dreading the injection myself but considering you can only have three of these injections in to the same nerve in your lifetime,

I can understand why he doesn't want to administer just yet.

I may return after sound deadening the focus but would be worth it.

• Like 2

Great to hear the back is doing better there Lenny and you didn't require the injection in the end. Hoping that by the start of May, you are fit and ready to get the sound deadening in the car. Bring on May :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words Lenny. Next time we meet up, you will have to listen to it with the newer amplifier. I must say as well that I was inspired and read up Mr_Spock's thread. It gave me the motivation to start my project and the way to do it as well. His setup is so clean and efficient.

And I agree with you to not cut corners as the quality of the work is remarkable. Plus, when it comes to wiring, safety first as electricity is no joke. Reckon if you put it on eBay, you might recoup some of the money back for the cables. Or try Adverts.ie

• Like 2

Great to hear the back is doing better there Lenny and you didn't require the injection in the end. Hoping that by the start of May, you are fit and ready to get the sound deadening in the car. Bring on May :)

Thanks mate,

Hope it continues to improve and i dont need to go back fingers crossed,

And there's some exciting updates in the pipeline between now and May :)

Thanks for the kind words Lenny. Next time we meet up, you will have to listen to it with the newer amplifier. I must say as well that I was inspired and read up Mr_Spock's thread. It gave me the motivation to start my project and the way to do it as well. His setup is so clean and efficient.

And I agree with you to not cut corners as the quality of the work is remarkable. Plus, when it comes to wiring, safety first as electricity is no joke. Reckon if you put it on Ebay, you might recoup some of the money back for the cables. Or try Adverts.ie

Adverts.ie from my experience with it id rather sell it for copper myself Boss!! Rather than giving out my contact details and address to someone whom would come for the bit of copper and come back for the stainless exhaust or possibly the whole car,

Its not worth bringing unwanted attention to my self, eBay is much easier i get the money they get the item,

No meets, no violin poor boy stories you want it you pay for it i ship it you get it, no snooping around or asking why i had it :lol: eff off!!

Guarantee if i advertise 2metres of 4 Gauge cable for sale on adverts ill get some guy wanting to collect it from my house,

Then looking to know why i had it, what i used it for, and when am i selling that too,

Then tell me his mother,brother,sister or son is on a life support machine but the HSE are switching it off and he really needs 2 metres of 4 gauge to assist him build his own machine in the car to allow him bring them home. So could i donate the 4 gauge to the cause so he can bring them to the beach..

OR

the electricty has been cut in the house the government has provided him with mortgage free because he spent the dole money on drink and needs the 4 gauge for free to splice in to the Tram line.

Ya know what i mean ?

I hate DoneDeal, Gumtree and Adverts.ie now im sure there are lots of descent genuine people whom use these trading sites however i regret to say in all five transactions ive done 4 on adverts and 1 on donedeal ive not met them atall :)

Anyways rant over.

Now Speaking of us enthusiasts meeting;its 2015 and time for another forum meet,

In the past few months there's been a few more Irish members joining,

One of those members has been George from Athlone

Profile: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/61009-irishman1127/

We spoke about last years first meet which had a strong turn out considering it was first attempt

George apposed the Hodson bay hotel in Athlone to be a scenic central location situated on the side of Lough Ree should be a nice location for a meet.

Plenty of activities there for those of us whom have kids aswell,

The hotel doesn't have a problem with car enthusiast meets as George has informed me; BMW members get together there for meets on occasion.

Sounds all positive to me so hoping to see at least 6 members of the forum in attendance this year

However at present my focus isint looking all that presentable,

DRL Fog surrounds (SOLD)

ZetecS Front lip (SOLD)

TripleRcomposites Front Splitter (SOLD)

ZetecS Front Grills (SOLD)

Currently rolling stock bumper with stock grills and no fog surrounds lookin very sexy indeed.

My plan is fitting an ST front end i sold the items as buyers became interested,

As i know if i held off until ST bumper was fitted id find myself stuck with a ZetecS front end sitting around the house that nobody wants.

If the meet is in July/August i should have an ST front end sprayed up and fitted looking presentable once again. :)

• Like 2

Small change of plan regarding speaker choice,

My initial plan was a set of JL Audio C2 6.5" Components up front and a set of C2 Coaxial in the rear but having looked in to the versatility of the C3-650 ill be fitting two sets of those baby's instead,

Managed to source them at a descent price from a good uk supplier aswell all i need now is time and money :lol:

Here's a video of the JL Audio C3-650 and what makes them versatile

• Like 3

Small change of plan regarding speaker choice,

My initial plan was a set of JL Audio C2 6.5" Components up front and a set of C2 Coaxial in the rear but having looked in to the versatility of the C3-650 ill be fitting two sets of those baby's instead,

Managed to source them at a descent price from a good uk supplier aswell all i need now is time and money :lol:

Here's a video of the JL Audio C3-650 and what makes them versatile

How much is the kit with all shown in clip?

I was looking at Edge ones on eBay at £35 kit for fronts only or back .

Yunii

• Like 1

How much is the kit with all shown in clip?

I was looking at Edge ones on ebay at £35 kit for fronts only or back .

Yunii

there £190 per set mate and that's on Special :) if i bring my Granny in on first Tuesday of the month get pensioners discount, RRP. 230-250
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club