Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"taking Oval To Blue Horizon" Lenny's Build Thread 2010-2015

Lenny

Lenny really like the engine cover paintwork. When you get the ford logo painted it will look fantastic. Is there an engine cover available for the 1.6 petrol as I would to try this out for my own focus. Honestly it looks great.

• Like 2

Lenny really like the engine cover paintwork. When you get the ford logo painted it will look fantastic. Is there an engine cover available for the 1.6 petrol as I would to try this out for my own focus. Honestly it looks great.

the engine cover for the 1.6 was my first ever question on here LOL ..

i think the end result of that topic was that some models had them and some didn't ... not many of the petrols do, but the diesels tend to come with them more often...

i think ford discovered that the petrols are more prone to over heating with them on ( i think )

i am sure if you have a really hard look you may be able to find an engine cover for yours but you are looking at around £40 ish

:)

• Like 1

Thanks Ollie

If there is a chance it may cause overheating I might leave it but I will keep an eye out.

• Like 2

the 1.8 pertrol engines come with engine covers

• Like 2

the engine cover for the 1.6 was my first ever question on here LOL ..

i think the end result of that topic was that some models had them and some didn't ... not many of the petrols do, but the diesels tend to come with them more often...

i think ford discovered that the petrols are more prone to over heating with them on ( i think )

i am sure if you have a really hard look you may be able to find an engine cover for yours but you are looking at around £40 ish

:)

My 1.6TDCi didn't come with the engine cover neither,

I bought it from a 2007 focus on eBay, ford dont fit the engine cover to the 2008-2010 1.6TDCi it doesn't even appear on there system as being a part that would fit the facelift model,

I've created a guide on fitting the cover to the engine it lists all part numbers for bolts and nuts required,

• Like 1

My 1.6TDCi didn't come with the engine cover neither,

I bought it from a 2007 focus on eBay, ford dont fit the engine cover to the 2008-2010 1.6TDCi it doesn't even appear on there system as being a part that would fit the facelift model,

I've created a guide on fitting the cover to the engine it lists all part numbers for bolts and nuts required,

That is very interesting to hear Lenny as my car is the same model year as yours, 2010 but was a UK spec car that was imported here. It came with an engine cover, which is not a major part in a car IMHO. Again, I feel that us here in Ireland get the wrong end of the stick when it comes to basic car packages. It seems to me that most cars in the UK are better specced than their Irish equivalent. For the amount of money we spend on cars here, it's a real pity to see us consumers getting less than our counterparts across the pond.

• Like 2

That is very interesting to hear Lenny as my car is the same model year as yours, 2010 but was a UK spec car that was imported here. It came with an engine cover, which is not a major part in a car IMHO. Again, I feel that us here in Ireland get the wrong end of the stick when it comes to basic car packages. It seems to me that most cars in the UK are better specced than their Irish equivalent. For the amount of money we spend on cars here, it's a real pity to see us consumers getting less than our counterparts across the pond.

+1 mate

I've saw a 2010 Focus ST in local dealers carbon inserts on dash but to my surprise No Sony in the centre,

Was a same old 6000CD

If I bought an ST I'd expect UK spec,

Small update:

I've removed the crucked passenger side stripe and fitted a correctly aligned replacement with the assistance of ''VickiC''

Old stripe:

IMG_20130531_202109_zpsc45dae7b.jpg

IMG_20130618_173232_zps46e24582.jpg

Ah that's better

IMG_20130618_173256_zpsbaa882c6.jpg

• Like 2

^^ Thats better! -makes a big difference/ now you don't need to stand in front of the join at shows etc :lol: ^^

• Like 3

^^ Thats better! -makes a big difference/ now you don't need to stand in front of the join at shows etc :lol: ^^

Jeer sneer lol

Very true though lol me having a lazy eye didn't help matters neither,

Was easy to spot ''ow you fitted the stripes yourself'' lol

Small update:

I've removed the crucked passenger side stripe and fitted a correctly aligned replacement with the assistance of ''VickiC''

Aye; should have left it for a woman to do it the first time around ;)
  • Like 2

Have to say it looks alot better =).

• Like 1

Much nicer looking now. And yes, I think that car definitely needed a woman's touch for the fine details :)

• Like 2

Aye; should have left it for a woman to do it the first time around ;)

smiley-shocked020.gif

Have to say it looks alot better =).

Much nicer looking now. And yes, I think that car definitely needed a woman's touch for the fine details :)

Thanks guys,

Glad to have gotten it corrected at last, costly error having to purchase another set and wait for delivery.

Small update:

Front interior ambient light unit on the way so I've gotta splice in go an interior feed at rear of light switch block and run a feed to the interior light then fit an insulated female spade connector to power the sub lighting.

Blue paint and syringe also on the way to fill in the blue oval on the engine cover,

Purchased 5 metres of 5Amp cable too.

If I can remove the front door cards and fish the 5Amp cable through the factory fitted rubber grommet pipes leading in to the foot wells,

Then I'll invest in a set of 4th Generation Ford logo shadow puddle lights,

But if I can't fish the cables tidy through the grommets then I won't bother investing in the puddle light units.

Progress will begin next week

• Like 2

Small update:

Front interior ambient light unit on the way so I've gotta splice in go an interior feed at rear of light switch block and run a feed to the interior light then fit an insulated female spade connector to power the sub lighting.

Blue paint and syringe also on the way to fill in the blue oval on the engine cover,

Purchased 5 metres of 5Amp cable too.

If I can remove the front door cards and fish the 5Amp cable through the factory fitted rubber grommet pipes leading in to the foot wells,

Then I'll invest in a set of 4th Generation Ford logo shadow puddle lights,

But if I can't fish the cables tidy through the grommets then I won't bother investing in the puddle light units.

Progress will begin next week

Nice to know honey lol that's me working d crowds again

• Like 1

Lenny can't convert purchases into Wife currency anymore now.

;)

Get it all sent via my address mate, i'll alter the invoices for ya.

Oops!

• Like 1

Lenny mate not been on here for a while but I just gotta say your cars looking amazing dude

Oh and nice to meet you Mrs Lenny ;)

• Like 2

Nice to meet you +1 VickyC

Someone keeping Lenny in shape Lol!

Yunii

• Like 2

Since your now a member of the forum I thought I'd update you on the progress the same way I inform everyone else princess

Lenny can't convert purchases into Wife currency anymore now.

;)

Get it all sent via my address mate, i'll alter the invoices for ya.

Oops!

Quick to the Moderators only section!!

Lenny mate not been on here for a while but I just gotta say your cars looking amazing dude

Oh and nice to meet you Mrs Lenny ;)

Thanks Charlie its complete now just a few minor mods every couple of months,

Nice to meet you +1 VickyC

Someone keeping Lenny in shape Lol!

Yunii

If Vicki was in power there would be no blue oval build thread or Lenny's guides

For blue oval read black eye.

You're very welcome to the forum Vicky, Lenny is well respected and anyone deemed worthy of Lenny is definitely more than welcome.

(That's 20 euro you owe me now Lenny)

Double oops! ;)

• Like 2

the strip looks much better lenny

• Like 1

You're very welcome to the forum Vicky, Lenny is well respected and anyone deemed worthy of Lenny is definitely more than welcome.

Double oops! ;)

Wow I'm touched lol and ull be waiting on ur twenty euro he owes me that and more from near misses ie lamp he nearly went into sideways like an hour ago

Since your now a member of the forum I thought I'd update you on the progress the same way I inform everyone else princess

Quick to the Moderators only section!!

Thanks Charlie its complete now just a few minor mods every couple of months, If Vicki was in power there would be no blue oval build thread or Lenny's guides

If vicki was in power lol aye ......one word ....mushroom.....

One more thing it was vicki that liked focus'sss 11year ago hunni when u was still sucking ur mommas titties !!!!!!

• Like 1

Double oops! ;)

Togeather 11 years in two weeks stoney, hoping to have the ford puddle lights fitted in time for the anniversary so as i can take her for a KFC drive-tru in style lol

the strip looks much better lenny

Thanks barry mate,

Seems Vicki is better at doing the strip than me lol

:o KFC , Lenny i can get you some discount vouchers for Mcdonalds :)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club