Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst Fault/repair Bill!

DanGersFord

General question; What is the worst problem you've had with your current car ie fault thats caused most damage or given you the biggest hole in your wallet?

Ive been quite lucky because my cars coverred by a very good warranty but the most expensive fault I've had fixed on it was an oil leak which without the warranty would've cost £390 to as the clutch/gearbox had to be removed to access it. The fault thats caused the most damaged was my front passenger side spring snapping which took out a brake hose, high mount, drop link and damaged my front bumper due to it suddenly scrapping along the road lol.

Apart from a motorbike trying to use my car as a crash barrier resulting in £1500 of insurance work and having to drive a rollerskate for two weeks, all I've had to do was a service to clear a fuel pressure problem.

Ouch! Lol that'd be my worst nightmare crashing into the police lol. I remember watching that road wars and the police pulled a lassie up and when they sent her on her way she clipped the police car as she was pulling away haha the police were on camera saying stop stop! Then boomf lol

Ouch! Lol that'd be my worst nightmare crashing into the police lol. I remember watching that road wars and the police pulled a lassie up and when they sent her on her way she clipped the police car as she was pulling away haha the police were on camera saying stop stop! Then boomf lol

think i saw that one as well lol

think my old man topped that though, not sure how he managed it but some how he crashed into a police station. don't think it was at speed, i'm sure he reversed/rolled into the side of it with a bang

here's my little bit of damaged i received not long after buying my car anyway

gallery_34566_1010_70036.jpg

Haha my Granda was parked at a supermarket waiting for my Grans and completely forgot about the knee high bollard in front of his car and wrecked the front of his focus titanium when he pulled off lol. And someone stole one of his back wheels and put it up on bricks and he went to reverse out the drive and ripped his wheel arch wide open aswel as his rear axle and brakepipes etc.

How did you managed that prang?

Ouch thats bad

A lorry decided it wanted to be in my lane going round a big island so it cut me up n basically would of full on side slammed me if i hadnt of slowed as he tried to cut in front

Still managed to clip me with is back wheel though

Had only owned the car a few weeks as well

Lorry drivers are idiots especially at round abouts! I dont know how many times ive been on a larger roundabout for example and a lorry drivers waiting to come on blatantly looks at you then pulls onto the round about as if he was in a bugatti and hes gona be able to zoom in the space before you're anywhere near him. I was driving back from England after visiting my grans and Granda and this idiot lorry driver literally did just that he blatantly looked at me and then pulled out onto the round about. It was only cause I had a sneeking suspicion what he was about to do I already had my foot covering the brake pedal otherwise idve probably ripped the top half of my car of and not be posting this right now. I was furious I literally stopped less tham 6 inches from the middle of his wagon

Lorry drivers are idiots especially at round abouts! I dont know how many times ive been on a larger roundabout for example and a lorry drivers waiting to come on blatantly looks at you then pulls onto the round about as if he was in a bugatti and hes gona be able to zoom in the space before you're anywhere near him. I was driving back from England after visiting my grans and Granda and this idiot lorry driver literally did just that he blatantly looked at me and then pulled out onto the round about. It was only cause I had a sneeking suspicion what he was about to do I already had my foot covering the brake pedal otherwise idve probably ripped the top half of my car of and not be posting this right now. I was furious I literally stopped less tham 6 inches from the middle of his wagon

I have noticed that happening alot more recently.. being a biker i try to respect them and give them the room they need but its very annoying when that happens

Biggest repair bill though, im not too sure to be honest. i think the most i have ever paid at a garage was £250 for a timing belt, that said I have just recently spend around £300 on parts for the mondeo but fitted myself

I fitted my brake discs/pads and drum recentlt and I think the price of the parts was nearly £300 if I remember right.

I fitted my brake discs/pads and drum recentlt and I think the price of the parts was nearly £300 if I remember right.

ouch, atleast you know you will stop lol

I just bought a genuine lower arm, all bolts/nuts and steering knuckle pinch bolt, 2x genuine track rod ends, a rear wheel bearing and bolts and 2x rear brake pipes.

all that plus the tracking was £320? there about

Where do you buy your genuine parts from?

Where do you buy your genuine parts from?

I normally use fordpartsuk, but then i sometimes use a couple of the ford dealers on eBay or even my local dealer if its just for a bolt or gasket.

Yeah they're quite good ive got alot of stuff from there

Yeah they're quite good ive got alot of stuff from there

Trevor is very helpful and often sends a screenshot of the parts just to confirm.

Using fordpartsuk is fine if you are ordering a few bits, otherwise the delivery charge makes it pointless

Aye hes great it was him that managed to source the bulbs holders for my facelift brakelight conversion hes very helpful/normally realy quick to reply to any queries. Im getting a set of alloys from the site which I think will be my last mod on my fiesta :)

Biggest repair was new rear axle, bumper, n/s side skirt, n/s rear wing pushed out, petrol filler pipe, suspension on the n/s (which a coilover replaced anyway) and n/s rear window on my little Mitsubishi Colt :P

Bah! Mine is my current car....£3100 of damage because a truck from Poland decided he didn't want to be in the left lane and came into my lane (middle) for no reason, no signal, no nothing...That cost is including labour and paint. But now has to go through the MIB as he cannot be traced....lovely!

I dont know why we allow foreigners to drive on British roads without a full British liscence

My worst / only repair bill so far would be...
£110 for new track arm + straighten tie rod
£10 for a quick spare wheel
£60 for a new wheel
£12 for the tyre from ruined wheel to new one + air valve + balancing + fitting
*Pending wheel alignment - mostly due to planning on upgrading to alloys

*re-spray for scrathes are pending, but quoted £80, currently just used a £5 touchup pen to prevent rusting.

Due to me being a silly boy with new (first) car syndrome and smacking into a roundabout crash barrier while driving sideways... a little too fast...
But lesson definately learned and from then on being a careful driver and thankful it was only the wheel that was damaged and a few little (into metal) scrapes, rather than full write off of the car (was only like 17 days old, from brand new at the time)

I dont know why we allow foreigners to drive on British roads without a full British liscence

Agreed! I was given all the information from the Highways Agency (as its not a major incident the police dont attend) but apparently the cab has its own insurance from the trailer. And under UK law, because the trailer is not powered then it has to be the cabs insurance I have to claim against.

Bit gutted really...

Biggest repair was new rear axle, bumper, n/s side skirt, n/s rear wing pushed out, petrol filler pipe, suspension on the n/s (which a coilover replaced anyway) and n/s rear window on my little Mitsubishi Colt :P

How did you manage that? Lol

How did you manage that? Lol

I didn't, I bought it as a write off under a category D :P

Apparently the brainbox who owned it decided to go drifting on a car park into a bollard. Always a handy thing to do.