Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync

Sliveredge

hi people, picked up the new fiesta last week and love it the noise it makes at 4000 rpm its great :) but I have one problem connecting my phone to sync I have the Google nexus s phone on the latest Android 4.1.2. it connects to sync ok for about 1 min then disconnects. I have stopped the auto update of phone book but this has not helped. The partners iPhone works fine. so has anyone got a android phone working with sync. ( also does anyone with a galaxy 3 phone work ok looking to upgrade to it in and next month or so)

thank you

I've got android and having no problems, my ecoboost doesnt touch 4000 ;) still loving the sound, just to say one late evening at a dyno where my friend works 100mph in 5th is only 3500rpm. Theres so much left in it

My dad owns a G3 i will get him to sync up when i get home, ill let you know the results

cheers fella i think its down to my phone it getting a bit old and playing up ill try giving it a full reboot and start a-fresh with sync and seeing what happens

Mine plays up with my bluetooth headset it drops out i thought it was the headset but maybe it isnt.

I have the same phone and experience the same problem i think its a bug on this version?

I have a Nexus 7 and did read somewhere about one of the android version on it having bluetooth issues so it may be related to that? I'm running 4.2.2 now, can you not upgrade to that version or are you running customer firmware?

I would test it for you but my car doesn't have the sync, just the older bluetooth system.

My phone says its up to date and not sure how to (if it can be done) force a download on to it. I have had a little play and it has been fine from last night up till now and have been in and out the car a few times with it. for it to work i had to turn off my wifi on the phone. after a lot of searching on the net it seams Samsung might have used a cheap bluetooth/wifi chip and they can confuse things and drop out etc.

ill keep posted on what happens, I did have it drop out once on me today but that is cause i got in the car with the wifi on as soon as i turned that off and reconnected to sync then i have had no problems.

I dont think much of the sync system over the old bluetooth tho, yes its good not having to put contacts on to the system and teaching it your voice etc but it seams slow and likes to repeat things back to me. im sure it will get better in time tho with a few updates etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club