Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt For Focus

plasticpat

Happy Mother's Day all :) or what's left of it ...............

My Mk2 '05 Focus (petrol) has 68,900 miles on the clock and I'd been wondering what's the recommended mileage/age at which I need to have the timing belt changed ?

Also , if anyone can tell me if the engine cover fitted to the beefier Focus 1.8 , 2.0 petrol etc would fit my 1.6 Focus ?

Thanks in advance , I'll check back later/tomorrow .

ford recommends changing it at around 100k but they are infamous for going a while before then

usually you wanna look at changing it at around 70k to be on the safe side

ford recommends changing it at around 100k but they are infamous for going a while before then

usually you wanna look at changing it at around 70k to be on the safe side

Good eve Brigante , I was quietly preparing myself for such a reply , also that the N.CT. (Irish equivalent to M.O.T.) is due in April and want 'er to be good health for that .

Thanks chief :)

I recently had mine changed, at around 98k :O

Was told when i bought it that it had recently been changed but i never believed the bloke, with good reason

MOT was due a few months ago so i got my mechanic to check it over n also to look at the belt. At first glances it looked fine but on closer inspection there was a fair few hair line cracks appearing in it so i was very lucky it hadnt snapped on me n i got it changed before MOT

I recently had mine changed, at around 98k :o

Was told when i bought it that it had recently been changed but i never believed the bloke, with good reason

MOT was due a few months ago so i got my mechanic to check it over n also to look at the belt. At first glances it looked fine but on closer inspection there was a fair few hair line cracks appearing in it so i was very lucky it hadnt snapped on me n i got it changed before MOT

One close shave you've had there , in addition to the upcoming test I've also had occasion to have a power steering pipe replaced ( pipe fitting failure and a very small spattering of oil on the belt) just over a year ago so it's probably advisable as you say , not to wait til the 100k mark .

while on this topic..

i occasionally hear a squeal type noise when the engines cold that stops when it warms up

would that be timing belt related?

Cheers

It cam be the first signs of a tensioner failing it could be the aux belt

Mine does that as well when its very cold, goes away by the end of my close. Recently had new drivebelt and calbelt fitted. Put it down to the very cold weather.....

Good eve gents , and welcome Aldoo , Artscot and ChrisH . Hope y'all get all manner of squeals and squeaks sorted . I on the other hand am gearing up for that imminent timing belt change . Good thing is my fitter works in the local Ford dealership and so won't be paying through the nose for work done and he's reliable :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club