Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Used Oil Extraction Vacuum?

The Bear

a star? lol

no probs mate. what about stuff like oil changes, spark plug changes, brake fluid changes etc etc? i'm planning on doing a full service when i get some dosh so would all this stuff be useful?

sorry stef, should have said that if i did it i'd take the sump off and get rid of the debris.... just wondering if it would actually work from a ''oil tight seal'' point of view ;)

Yup, see under my name on the left I have 'contributor stars'

Yes it would be very useful Steve, especially for those who might not be so confident about working on their car.

If you are removing the sump then I can't see it being a problem. I would use a copper washer though.

You might find with the sump off you can get enough heat on it to remove the sump plug.

Yup, see under my name on the left I have 'contributor stars'

Yes it would be very useful Steve, especially for those who might not be so confident about working on their car.

If you are removing the sump then I can't see it being a problem. I would use a copper washer though.

You might find with the sump off you can get enough heat on it to remove the sump plug.

Ok mate i'll see what I can do to get some guides together. As said I've done a few for my previous forums so know the drill lol ;)

yeah i thought the same TBH. as long as theres enough material depth wise to create a thread it may be worth doing :) and yeah, having it off the car would defo make a difference with trying to get it off.... at the very least you can see what youre doing :D

to get the sump off, would it a.) need a new gasket and b.) is it just a series of bolts to bring it down? on my old car to get the sump off you had to do more than that. cant remember what but i'm thinking something like it was attached to the oil cooler and that had to come off before you could do it. not sure thats exactly what it was but you get the picture lol :)

Ok mate i'll see what I can do to get some guides together. As said I've done a few for my previous forums so know the drill lol ;)

yeah i thought the same TBH. as long as theres enough material depth wise to create a thread it may be worth doing :) and yeah, having it off the car would defo make a difference with trying to get it off.... at the very least you can see what youre doing :D

to get the sump off, would it a.) need a new gasket and b.) is it just a series of bolts to bring it down? on my old car to get the sump off you had to do more than that. cant remember what but i'm thinking something like it was attached to the oil cooler and that had to come off before you could do it. not sure thats exactly what it was but you get the picture lol :)

Not sure what's involved with your car but you might find its a sealant rather than a rubber gasket.

Evening guys,

Right FIIIIIIIIIINALLY got the sump bolt out. In the end it took a bolster and HUGE hammer to shift it!!! Here's a pic of it...

fuckingsumpbolt_zpsbc52baf3.jpg

Seriously, look at the state of it. Yes I've made a couple of marks on the outer ring with the bolster but FFS why torque it to 10,000NM in the first place????

The reason I reverted back to trying the bolt was cos I bought the vacuum device. All was well until after 3 pumps the pump handle broke...sadly theres not an ''exasperated'' smiley :rolleyes:

Anyhow as promised I managed to get some pics of the oil change.... I'll put it in a mini guide over the next couple of days :)

Cheers for all ya help folks ;)

not a plumber are you,lol.

tad heavy handed there me thinks.

not a plumber are you,lol.

tad heavy handed there me thinks.

lol. no the bolt was already rounded and in pretty much the same state as b4 I got my paws on it :( as said also it was tightened up to the nines.

Well and truly mullered that one.

Least you finally got it off withour resorting to explosives and prayer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club