Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Bottom Ends

rimmer10

hi im new to the focus ownership i also have a 2003 ford fiesta the question i have i have bought a 54 plate ford focus 1.6 16v with vvt and one of the pistons have cracked not a clue how but it has . my question is are the earlyer model focuses 1.6 are the bottom ends the same and they have just changed the head ? the engine is hxda thankyou for your time

nope the ti vct is a totally new engine and doesnt have any similarity with the standard 1.6 the only bottom end you can fit is from a tivct if the piston cracked its had a serious overheating issue so the whole engine needs replaced not just the bottom end hope you got it cheap as the fix wont be ti vct engines arent going cheap even eBay doesnt have any for sale and the fiesta one wont fit as its a totally different set up ide sell it and get something else the last ti vct engine i saw for sale with around 45k miles was £700 then youll need to replace the belts oils etc you can easily spend £1000 or more

the thing is i have a 1.4 fiesta bottom end out of my fiesta and that is not a ti vtc engine and the bottom end is identical to the focus bottom end ovously the piston size will be different but its so alike its unbeliveable

The ti vct is a completely different engine internally i can confirm a 1.6 standard wont work even if it did the heads almost 100% wrecked from overheating the hydraulic cams wrecked its replace the whole engine or put a standard one in theres major internal differences between the 2

Right spoke to a master tech i know he said no the bottom ends cant be swapped the ti vct was a whole new engine completely redesigned internally totally different toletances he also said a piston crack only happens on these when the engines been badly cooked he wouldnt waste his time fixing it as theres so many complex parts that will be busted none being cheap basically they would replace the engine as you could spend hundreds and in the end need a new engine on top

Right spoke to a master tech i know he said no the bottom ends cant be swapped the ti vct was a whole new engine completely redesigned internally totally different toletances he also said a piston crack only happens on these when the engines been badly cooked he wouldnt waste his time fixing it as theres so many complex parts that will be busted none being cheap basically they would replace the engine as you could spend hundreds and in the end need a new engine on top

Your master tech must be up late Arthur :lol:

The guy lives 2 doors up so i thought ide ask he's not keen on stating things without seeing the car but he is very handy he was scraping snow off his drive