Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!-Mk6 Fiesta St Buying Tips

Philf1

Hi guys hoping you can give me some advice.

My son is looking to buy a MK6 ST. Has anyone got any tips on what potential problems to look out for? Also can't seem to find a definitive answer as to whether it has a cambelt or timing chain and what intervals it should be changed at?

Also don't suppose anyone is selling one of these? He would prefer a blue one, possibly red or white if not but no stripes please. We are in West Yorkshire but happy to travel 100 miles or so for the right car.

Many thanks for taking time to help him.

Hi, best of luck to your son with the search!

Found a nice bit of helpful info http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=370461&Main=368921.

Looks like the normal mk6's have a belt, but the ST has a chain - so should last the life of the engine!

Scott

Thanks for the link. Looks like there is a lot of confusion about this subject but good to know its a chain and less likely to let go just after he buys one. Just got to find a good one at the right price now.

Found this buying guide as well,very helpful http://www.fiestastoc.com/forums/topic/77595-buying-a-mk6-st/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club