Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync - Step Backwards

igglepiggle

Hi, well the current sync system in the UK is a partnership with Ford, Microsoft and Nuance Communications. Nuance Communications are the people responsible for the voice recognition, not Microsoft, and they also produce the excellent 'Dragon' voice recognition software, which has a very good reputation. I've never heard of the UK version of sync crashing at all and in the US the original issues that the Sync system had have just about all been ironed out. One of the problems with developing the new sync system was the many different languages and dialects within the European community, which is why it landed here later than in the states. I am sure that Ford are aware of the limitations it has at present, and, along with its partners, are probably working upon updates to put this all back again.

Cheers,

Chris

The voice recognition is rubbish she can't even grasp 'call home' and the sync voice is robotic and not natural.

My sync system fails often and either requires the fuse being pulled to allow the system to reboot or numerous USB pull out and plug in attempts.

Yesterday i spent the first 10 miles of my journey getting distracted from driving due to sync giving error messages whilst trying to listen to music on my iPhone.

There are numerous postings on this group that prove my problems are not unique.

I think it's a great system and have only had one problem with it. I use an iPhone 5 and although the USB connection works fine (though I do agree it is a little slow), it could not cope with the track name 'Moves like Jagger.' Other than that it works fine and not suffered any issues with dialling names. Most of the time I use it to play music via bluetooth on my iPhone and it stops the song when I open the door to get out and resumes exactly where I left off when I return, without me needing to press anything.

All things considered I am happy with it so perhaps it differs depending on the device used or I am just lucky...

Hi, well the current sync system in the UK is a partnership with Ford, Microsoft and Nuance Communications. Nuance Communications are the people responsible for the voice recognition, not Microsoft, and they also produce the excellent 'Dragon' voice recognition software, which has a very good reputation. I've never heard of the UK version of sync crashing at all and in the US the original issues that the Sync system had have just about all been ironed out. One of the problems with developing the new sync system was the many different languages and dialects within the European community, which is why it landed here later than in the states. I am sure that Ford are aware of the limitations it has at present, and, along with its partners, are probably working upon updates to put this all back again.

Cheers,

Chris

I seem to remember when the Mk 6 was released there was some bad publicity on Watchdog about how it never seemed to understand peoples accents.

This is what my sync sounds like half of the time;

• Like 1

Ha ha ha quality ;)

Well I managed to get it to call home this evening after everything I could think of. However when it read back the name it pronounced it as "hoome" so now when i want to call home i say hoome and it works every time haha

Hi, there you see, it even adapts to your voice ;)

Well I managed to get it to call home this evening after everything I could think of. However when it read back the name it pronounced it as "hoome" so now when i want to call home i say hoome and it works every time haha

Exactly the same with mine, 'call hoome' and it works a treat!!!

Strangely thou if you have a contact in your phone book which has 2 numbers listed under 1 contact name, sync is able to give clear understandable instructions asking if to call 'home or mobile'

Store Home as Hume in your phone, works fine. Despite Hume not being Home -.-

Hey does anyone know of a list or a know phone that does actually work with the Ford Sync and the Texts message reading service.??

I have a Sony Eric Neo and it does not but i am up for renewa nowl and it would be good to know what phones will work with the car so it reads my texts out to me.....

Hey does anyone know of a list or a know phone that does actually work with the Ford Sync and the Texts message reading service.??

I have a Sony Eric Neo and it does not but i am up for renewa nowl and it would be good to know what phones will work with the car so it reads my texts out to me.....

I've an iPhone 5 and today for the 1st time tried sending text messages via Ford Sync, another FAIL box ticked for Ford Sync :censored:

Oh and another day where i've had to pull fuse 24 due to the damn thing freezing on auto indexing.

Galaxy S2 works fine.

My rooted HTC Desire runs absolutely everything through the car, full bluetooth connectivity, messages read and sent, better voice recognition; perfect partner for the car actually.

Hmm, ok thanks guys, anymore...

I quite like the new Galaxy but depends if works as with the S2.. There must be a microsoft software part that is able to connect to the Ford Sync in the phone...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club