Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Windows Mod??

ChrisH

Not sure if anyones done this... My car has auto down drivers window, but not auto up. You have to keep your finger on the switch when winding up. Would like this both ways.. is there a mod to do this or is it as simple as replacing the switch with one that does? Knowing ford its something that needs unlocking more than likely....

Im not aware of an auto up feature wouldnt mind it myself to be honest but im aware the auto close is available if you have all round electric windows and people who have tried retro fitting them have always given up as they just wont work so i think it may not be as easy as a replacement switch

I've got auto up on my ghia. It may depend on the spec

I know theres a way of programming it cause there was a discussion about it on here a fair few months ago. I'll have to try n find the thread.

Also when I changed the battery on my car my windows lost the settings so I had to reprogram them to re enable auto up.

I know some other members with different (lower?) specs couldnt enable this feature.

But if you are able to program it the procedure is something simple like lower the window all the down n hold it for a few seconds then raise it up n hold the button up for a few seconds. Think you should also hear a click from the window motor when its been reprogrammed.

can't find the thread I was looking for but this one will do just fine

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/15730-electric-windows-auto-up/?&p=99070&fromsearch=1#entry99070

as i said you lower the window down and hold it for a few seconds then raise up n hold for about 6 seconds

if this doesnt work then it looks like you cant have auto up

may be only ghia and titanium models

I have it on my Titanium so may be dependent on spec alright.

Haven't read the link Charlie but do you have to raise them the full way and hold the button, then release the button for a second, then hold it again? Or maybe it's enough to just hold the button first time round.

Had to do it on mine and my brother's Mondeos, but can't remember myself now either!

Doesnt work on the zetec climate but no real biggie i never have them all the way down anyway

I have it on my Titanium so may be dependent on spec alright.

Haven't read the link Charlie but do you have to raise them the full way and hold the button, then release the button for a second, then hold it again? Or maybe it's enough to just hold the button first time round.

Had to do it on mine and my brother's Mondeos, but can't remember myself now either!

I think it might me enough to just lower it and raise it again but hold it for a few seconds mate

But now you say it holding, releasing and holding it again sounds familiar lol :blink:

I can't remember what I did exactly either. Worth trying both ways anyway though only take a few seconds

If you have all four windows that are electric then you can buy a plug in module for the OBD port which closes all windows when you lock the car-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Auto-Window-Closer-Roll-Up-Remote-Controller-for-Ford-Focus-2009-2011-/261077024984?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item3cc96740d8

Saw those before shame they cant make one to do the fronts if you only have front electric windows

Well i will give it a try, but from whats been said, prob not. I also have the zetec climate...

I t does only come with a four electric window system that has global closing and opening which seems to restrict it to Ghia's and Titaniums.

You mean global closing as in opening and closing the windows via the key fob ??? As my titanium does this.

Yep. My old Mk3 Mondy had it as well as a few of my non Ford cars.

mine does this also, just hold the lock button of the key fob in for a few seconds n all windows go up when you lock the car

To answer the original question.....if you want one touch up and down, you have to change the switch.

He has the same model as me with only electric fronts the switch wont make a difference didnt on mine

Thanks artscot... Saves me getting a switch and finding it dosnt work :-)

Funny that, no one touch up / down switch available on Microcat, unless you have power windows all around.

Try this lads it works on some but not all. Worth a shot tho

To reset the windows, follow these steps:

Hold the switch down until the window is all the way down.

Release the switch then hold down again for 5 seconds.

Press the switch so the window goes all the way up.

Release the switch and press it up, again for 5 seconds.

The window will now be set for one touch and global opening/closing.

Repeat this procedure for each individual window...