Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delivery date

DC211186

When we ordered ours we were asked to pick a registration from a list the dealer had (All 09's) is this the norm ?? - Did everyone else have to do this ?? Or are we being scammed into waiting a long time for delivery maybe even when 59's are out but ours would be an 09 or would they register it as a 59 due to the delay ??

Our receipt has no estimated delivery date just "ASAP"

Also what are the stages of ordering ?? - Do you have to pester the dealer regularly or do they phone you when the have a build date, shipment date, collection date etc ??

When people say a build date is that start of build on the production line or when it will be fully built awaiting shipment from valencia ??

Yes that is normal for you to be shown a list of registrations but you can say no and pick one at a later date if there is nothing you like which is what i did. If you didnt receive your car until the new registration in September then it would be registered as a 59 reg.

My estimated delivery date was also asap but they should be able to give you a rough estimate as it tells them on the system when they place your order.

I phoned my dealer on a weekly basis but they should inform you of a build date and an estimated delivery to dealer date.

I understand the build date is when it starts being built and once this has happened then the order status changes to compound in where it is in the compound waiting to go onto the ship. The status then changes to compound out once it is on the ship and the next stage is delivery to dealer. Once the car is in the Uk it is transported straight to the dealer and does not have to sit anywhere like it does in Cologne which is where i suspect your car will be built rather than Valencia.

Hope this helps and good luck with your order

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny87

• paulworthing

• fezzidebz

• amyjaj

I wasnt given a choice of reg to choose. I ordered my car 8 March Sunday afternoon and 9 weeks and 3 days later I had my car. It had a build date of 24 April but it was built 2 weeks before that. My car is a 1.4 Titanium with parking sensors (dealer did that not the factory). I was quoted 12 weeks to delivery and got it before then. I think 12 weeks is the average new car turnaround.

I wasnt given a choice of reg to choose. I ordered my car 8 March Sunday afternoon and 9 weeks and 3 days later I had my car. It had a build date of 24 April but it was built 2 weeks before that. My car is a 1.4 Titanium with parking sensors (dealer did that not the factory). I was quoted 12 weeks to delivery and got it before then. I think 12 weeks is the average new car turnaround.

Are parking sensors a dealer fit option then?

They are factory fitted as far as I know as I ordered them with the car!

They are either dealer fit or a factory option. Main difference is that dealership ones are colour coded, factory ones aren't

They are either dealer fit or a factory option. Main difference is that dealership ones are colour coded, factory ones aren't

You sure that is the rigth way round that the dealer fit ones are colour coded - if thats the case I am glad I did not have them fitted as an option and might see if I can save up enough to get them fitted by the dealer before delivery

You sure that is the rigth way round that the dealer fit ones are colour coded - if thats the case I am glad I did not have them fitted as an option and might see if I can save up enough to get them fitted by the dealer before delivery

Absolutely certain. Nobody on here has their factory fit sensors colour coded. However somebody (i think it was jma78b) had hers dealer fitted and they were colour coded. They were also fitted in a different location on the rear bumper, which may look better. have a browse and you should find some pics

Hi all newbie here

Ordered my fiesta at weekend expected delivery end of July

Vision Blue

Titanium

3 Door

Dress up kit

16 inch alloys - didnt want the 17's heard they comprimise the ride and reduce acceleration slightly

bluetooth & usb

Just pondering about the mountune kit hmmm heard the exhaust noise is a tad loud (acceptable if you are a 12 year old boy - according to evo magazine)

hi

ordered my new fiesta monday should have it soon as it was in the showroom already , a white zetec 1.4tdi , looks lovely, really cant wait

Hi all newbie here

Ordered my fiesta at weekend expected delivery end of July

Vision Blue

Titanium

3 Door

Dress up kit

16 inch alloys - didnt want the 17's heard they comprimise the ride and reduce acceleration slightly

Bluetooth & usb

Just pondering about the mountune kit hmmm heard the exhaust noise is a tad loud (acceptable if you are a 12 year old boy - according to evo magazine)

Oh don't tell me that the 17" wheels compromise the ride and handling as I have specced them on mine (got the same spec as yours just it is Squeeze green and the 17" alloys). Everything I had read on the ride seemed to imply that the problem was more to do with the stiffer suspension than the wheel size!

Oh don't tell me that the 17" wheels compromise the ride and handling as I have specced them on mine (got the same spec as yours just it is Squeeze green and the 17" alloys). Everything I had read on the ride seemed to imply that the problem was more to do with the stiffer suspension than the wheel size!

The 17" wheels should actually imprive handling, but they may slightly compromise the ride. They shouldnt reduce the acceleration too much, if at all with the 1.6.... Dont worry about it Paul

Well as you may have seen my previous ride was a Smart For Two convertible so I am sure that while the 17" might slightly compromise the ride I will only notice a HUGE improvement over what I have been used to! LOL

I don't have an issue with the 17' wheels on mine.

Glad to hear it Mogwai

Getting back to the reason for this forum - I ordered mine on Monday (1.6 Titanium, 3door, Squeeze, Dress Up Kit, X Pack, USB) and I am inpatient for it already - how long am I going to have to wait . . . . .

Glad to hear it Mogwai

Getting back to the reason for this forum - I ordered mine on Monday (1.6 Titanium, 3door, Squeeze, Dress Up Kit, X Pack, USB) and I am inpatient for it already - how long am I going to have to wait . . . . .

At least 11 weeks, from my experience

Oh great, that makes it mid August and then do I get it as I have waited so long or do I hang on for another couple of weeks and get a 59 plate?

Oh great, that makes it mid August and then do I get it as I have waited so long or do I hang on for another couple of weeks and get a 59 plate?

Well I ordered mine 11 weeks ago and it should be here in a couple of days. Apparantly the waits are longer now, so you might end up waiting 14 weeks minimum. But who knows?

And I have got no car until the new one is delivered as I handed my Smart over as p/x and to act as the deposit, and they did tell me that if I held onto it until the Fiesta was ready they would drop the p/x value of it by 800!

can you actually say to the dealer dont give me my car till September so I get the 59 plate or do you have to take it with the 09 plate even if only one week till the change over?

The dealer asked me if I wanted to pick a plate when I placed the order or did I want to wait. He also asked me whether I would want to have it registered as soon as it was delivered or wait for 59 and I told him it depended on how many weeks before 1st September it arrived so I do have the option

I HAVE MY CAR :)

Picked my car up this morning and i love it. Been driving it all day and no problems so far. Even got the new stereo software which is good.

Also how do i upload pictures?

Keep me updated on your orders and hope they arrive soon.

I HAVE MY CAR :)

Picked my car up this morning and i love it. Been driving it all day and no problems so far. Even got the new stereo software which is good.

Also how do i upload pictures?

Keep me updated on your orders and hope they arrive soon.

Excellent!

Dealer told me yesterday evening that the car is down to arrive by the end of this week. Also told me that the car is now in the country, but I forget where, not that it matters though as it will only be a few hours away at most.

So that gives them maybe 1 or 1 and a half days to arrival, Then the reg, then sport pack fitting, then whatever else they do?!?

I would say that if all goes smoothly, I should be able to pick the car up middle to end of next week. If they really pulled their finger out they could probably have it done by mon/tue, but I dont want to be too optimistic.

Really hope I get a call today saying "Jonny, your Fiesta has arrived sir, oh and we baked you a cake to say thanks for your custom"

Got a call from my ford dealer this morning to say my car has now been gate released and in spain, he said it will be another 6 days before its over here, is this true??? :unsure: or do you think they are fobbing me off again??

I also asked if i could pick my registration, and he didnt know you could :unsure: so again am i being fobbed off???

thanks

got mine today ,only waited 10 days as it was a cancelled order in the showroom , its a zetec 1.4tdi really pleased with it :)

got mine today ,only waited 10 days as it was a cancelled order in the showroom , its a zetec 1.4tdi really pleased with it :)

Aww, well pleased for you...... looks like someone else got fed up of waiting :lol: Now its all your pleasure!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club