Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre Armrest Kits.

CharlieFarlie

Our Fiesta is a car that my wife drives .. One thing missing for her is a centre armrest.. There are quite a few kits available from either Armster or a genuine Ford one.

Link here to the Armster one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-MK7-2008-ArmSter-Car-ArmRest-Grey-/281072572294?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item41713b1786

And a link here to the genuine Ford part

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120957463437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Has anyone fitted either of these parts ? If so how have they been ? Do they present any issues like fouling the handbrake ?

Just thought it worth asking before buying..

Im also looking for a wheel for the 2009 Titanium model if anyone knows of one ?

Thanks !!

The Boomerang one is the best :)

Thanks for the suggestion ! Looks good but has seemingly limited storage though the purpose for one is elbow support for the Wife who is disabled.. Her car is an Automatic.

I do like the look of it and the fact that no drilling of the original kit is a bonus though it doesn't bother me drilling if needed..

I got a boomerang one, (have not tried the Armster) and would recommend it. Very nice fit, but its a bit flexible when putting weight on it.

Its not so sturdy as the OEM armrest in our mondeo or passat.

I got a boomerang one, (have not tried the Armster) and would recommend it. Very nice fit, but its a bit flexible when putting weight on it.

Its not so sturdy as the OEM armrest in our mondeo or passat.

Any problems with it getting in the way of the hand brake ? Its the one thing that bothers me...

Cheers !

It will be fixed above the handbrake, so you cant grab it straight from above. The armrest can be tilted upwards though.

I had no issues with the handbrake

imag0145x.jpg

What armrest is that you have there iNath? I'm assuming it's Boomerang from a previous comment. I'm just looking for clarification as I'm looking into buying one myself.

hey! Now i got it.

I guess that armrest is made for RHD cars only.

When I installed it I noticed that it is closer to the left seat, than the right. Didnt think much about it, but its noticeable when driving. My arm is more on the edge on the right side.

Seeing the pic from iNath explained it all. They made it like this to not interfeer with the handbrake for RHD cars. Well on my LHD car its getting a bit in the way for normal handbrake operation.

I keep looking at the Armster 2.. Obviously an updated version and looks nice with its aluminium trim/section...

Link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-2008-Armster-2-Armrest-GREY-TRIM-/111015244963?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d90634a3

Seems the so called genuine equipment Ford one is made by armster so the quality should be very good ..

I do like the boomerang one its just the size of the storage bin that looks a wee bit lacking ?

• 3 weeks later...

To update..

I went for the Armster 2...

Link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111015244963?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Excellent quality piece of kit that was a doddle to fit and position (for the wife) is perfect.. Very useful spaces that are nice and big and the whole thing looks factory fit and like its always been there..

Any pictures of it installed?

I have the boomerang, but its really getting in the way for handbrake.. And when cupholder is extended its getting on the way when changing gears aswell.

Any pictures of it installed?

I have the boomerang, but its really getting in the way for handbrake.. And when cupholder is extended its getting on the way when changing gears aswell.

Will do the soon mate....