Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Zetec-S This Saturday!

The Dark Knight

I think it should have the red piece, I'll hopefully be at Ford tomorrow nagging so will check on their showroom one.

Ouch sounds like a raw nerve there.

Not sure why we've gone off on an anti Diesel tangent? Would be interested to see if real world MPG are 40+ for the new petrol engines let alone anywhere near the jackanory factory figures.

No raw nerve matey just giving some back lol. I am not anti diesel by the way in fact I have owned more diesels than petrols over the years. Its just that diesel can be a false economy because it costs more to buy the car and then more to fuel. It would take a fair few miles to make it back with the superior MPG of the diesel.

I agree with you about the factory figures. No way my car will hit 65mpg but I got 48mpg coming home and the engine hasn't loosened up yet. Zero road tax cost and I do 9k miles per year at the most these days so the ecoboost made the most sense and I think that you would need to be doing many more miles than me to justify the TDCi.

I do like, 18k a year, so I need the economy :P

Smart car, i got the same colours just with a few extras what did you get on yours or is it standard?

Whats the pull like in it? I took a focus for a test ride and that seems to pull a little bit with 4 people inside but it is a heavier car..

Get mine wed/thur!

Smart car, i got the same colours just with a few extras what did you get on yours or is it standard?

Whats the pull like in it? I took a focus for a test ride and that seems to pull a little bit with 4 people inside but it is a heavier car..

Get mine wed/thur!

Mine just has privacy glass and a spare wheel. The standard spec is enough for me it just so happened that the one they had in stock had the added options. It's very nippy to be fair and 2nd gear picks up with amusing ease. I looked at the figures and its slightly more powerful than the older 1.6 zetec-s petrol and slightly faster both in acceleration and top speed. The torque is actually the same as the older 1.6 tdci zetec-s.

Despite all that, mine was purchased with cost savings in mind. My previous motor, SD4 Freelander 2, had 2.2 turbo diesel with 190bhp and 315 lb ft of torque. The only thing that stopped it from being !Removed! quick was that it was a 2 tonne brick on wheels. Put that engine and power in a saloon car and it would be pretty !Removed! quick.

Looks very smart,I notice you have the infamous missing alloy pedal covers fitted at least.

Would be interested in hearing how it settles down with the average MPG.

Cheers

Martin

Well here it is:

Very pleased with it. Smooth as silk with more than enough poke and I averaged 48mpg coming home which was mostly town driving and the engine isn't even run in yet!

IMG_1021_zps616f82f2.jpg

IMG_1019_zpsaf24e338.jpg

IMG_1020_zpsf0c599a3.jpg

What mats did you end up getting?

I need to get some for mine but worried the MK7 do not fit?

Got mats from the dealer. £30 wasn't bad for official Ford ones.

Got mats from the dealer. £30 wasn't bad for official Ford ones.

They mk7.5 ones or standard 7's ?

They mk7.5 ones or standard 7's ?

Well they fit my new car put it that way. I don't have any knowledge of the pre-facelift interior to be able to comment on whether or not the fittings are the same. The dealer just told me they were suitable mats.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club