Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Folding Mirror Kits

parki77

Does anyone know if you can get kits so that your mirrors will fold when you lock your car? I have installed one on my friends quashqai. Just wondered if they are available for the mondeo.

You could buy the parts and fit them. But check the gem and relays support it.

You could buy the parts and fit them. But check the gem and relays support it.

Sorry what did you mean by check the gem and relays support it?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know the exact things you would need to look for, but you would need to check that the GEM Board type / model would support a plug and play of this functionality, otherwise you would need to wire in a new relay, fuses etc. as I say, I dont know the intracacies of what is exactly required, but there would be various wires that would like to the relay etc, and wires that would need to go up to the mirror units to power the powerfold.

Finally you would need to activate the feature under the likes of the ELM Config.

• 3 weeks later...

They are fitted on my 2011 Titanium as standard fitment, but as suggested in the above posts (but perhaps in more simple terms), the actual folding mirrors are only part of it. You will need to check to see if the electrical wiring and switches/relays are already in place or easily fitted. If not, it could prove very expensive.......