Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Dies

billbo11153

can you help was driving this morning car going fine ,could here fuel sender power from back take ages to stop whining when driving just dies stops turn all of re/start starts for second then dies check fuses read manual gets tow nothing its like no fuel but there is diesel in tank when turn key now getting clicken like starter moter also all clocks reset go all way round then nothing can anyone sugest what is wrong

sounds like battery if flat with the dials and clicking of the starter motor. could be a faulty alt not charging the battery therefore why it died while running. get a multimeter on it check the voltage of the battery with ignition on and also when trying to start the car.

We had the same thing with our Fiesta 1 week after buying it from the main dealer, totally nothing, no lights inside or out, dash lights, interior lights radio, called the RAC out and he went straight to the battery connections (which I had tried) tightened up the clamps and hey presto we had light. Turns out he said that the clamp that holds the battery down doesn't, and the battery moves slighty and the terminals works slightly loose.

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Forgot to add, when I got home I took the battery clamp off, put a small strip of rubber on top of the battery where the clamp fits down and tightened the clamp up, no more loose battery.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club