Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trolley Jack

Wayneo01

Hey guys

Believe its about time to change my front wheels with my rear. Only thing is i dont really know how best to do it, ive done it before on previous car but on this one i cant seem to find the best jacking point.

I can see the sills where you would put a normal fiesta jack but ive gor a trolley jack with axel stands, so me trying to use my trolley on that would probably bend them.

My jack

6094e4f4d977dad863151e2b302013a3.jpg

Hey guys

Believe its about time to change my front wheels with my rear. Only thing is i dont really know how best to do it, ive done it before on previous car but on this one i cant seem to find the best jacking point.

I can see the sills where you would put a normal fiesta jack but ive gor a trolley jack with axel stands, so me trying to use my trolley on that would probably bend them.

My jack

6094e4f4d977dad863151e2b302013a3.jpg

I'm also not sure where to jack my car up so I'd love to know where to do it, but speaking of that, where did you get your Jack/Stand set?

Looks awesome and me want one!

where did you get your Jack/Stand set?

Looks awesome and me want one!

was about to ask the same thing, i've been looking out for the same sort of thing. how much was it?

Screw fix, its called 2 tonne combi kit and the part code for it is (66742) £49.99

nice one mate

i've seen almost the same set up from rac but the reviews on it was terrible

Just found this

14a04742b435032c5878e6952f7c715b.jpg

The 4 on the outside are the sills it seems, but i cant use that with my trolley because i dont want to bend anything.

Seems the only way to lift the rear up is in the middle which isnt ideal if ive only lifted the front of the car up.

Use a pinch weld adaptor and pop it under the weld on the sill where the standard Ford jack goes.. Very stable platform and will not damage your car !!

Use a pinch weld adaptor and pop it under the weld on the sill where the standard Ford jack goes.. Very stable platform and will not damage your car !!

Great idea!

Looks like everyone just makes there own. Cant seem to fine one to buy.

Seems i can only lift one point up at a time with this though because i wont have anywhere to put my axle stands under.

Wayne here is a link to the ice hockey puck that all pinch weld adaptors are made from

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ice-Hockey-Puck-Black-/190773540211?pt=UK_Ice_Hockey&hash=item2c6afd3573

They are solid rubber and all you do is cut a V shaped grove in the top to the depth of the weld on your cars sill where the standard Ford jack goes.

This then sits on the flat plate of the trolley jack and up she goes. Trust me they are very stable and I have been using them on many cars for years !

You can buy them ready cut for around ten quid but the depth of cut may or may not suit your car and anyway its a very simple job to cut one just right for your car..

We have several cars and I have one for each car custom cut..

Lift one side pop your axle stand in place then lower the car onto the stand and repeat the other side of the car....

NEVER go under a car without an axle stand in place ! But you already knew that ............... :D

Wayne here is a link to the ice hockey puck that all pinch weld adaptors are made from

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ice-Hockey-Puck-Black-/190773540211?pt=UK_Ice_Hockey&hash=item2c6afd3573

They are solid rubber and all you do is cut a V shaped grove in the top to the depth of the weld on your cars sill where the standard Ford jack goes.

This then sits on the flat plate of the trolley jack and up she goes. Trust me they are very stable and I have been using them on many cars for years !

You can buy them ready cut for around ten quid but the depth of cut may or may not suit your car and anyway its a very simple job to cut one just right for your car..

We have several cars and I have one for each car custom cut..

Lift one side pop your axle stand in place then lower the car onto the stand and repeat the other side of the car....

NEVER go under a car without an axle stand in place ! But you already knew that ............... :D

Wouldn't the axle stand flatten the weld jack point though? Could you use another puck for the stand?

Wouldn't the axle stand flatten the weld jack point though? Could you use another puck for the stand?

I know what you mean, what i have done before not to sure if its stupid or not but it works, wrap a tea towel in a roll and then place is ontop of the axel stand where its going to meat the jack point. Give a lil more protection then metal on metal.

Aswell search jack pad in eBay to find the hockey looking things.

Cheers Stoney

i dont trust myself on a bouncy castle never mind my Car lol

Just ordered some puck so i will give that ago. such a pain to get the car up

I think manufacturers are making it more and more difficult so you have to go to the dealer for work.

that bouncy castle contraption looks mad

Only use the pinch weld adaptor for lifting the car via the extra strong weld where the standard jack goes.. Axle stands are placed elsewhere so as to create a very safe working situation..

I would never place the axle stand under the weld mate !

Only use the pinch weld adaptor for lifting the car via the extra strong weld where the standard jack goes.. Axle stands are placed elsewhere so as to create a very safe working situation..

I would never place the axle stand under the weld mate !

Thanks for clearing that up!

Was a bit worried for a sec!

Where could you place the axle stands though.....

These are the jacks I have.. The blue one is a 1.25 tonne and the red one is a 2 tonne. Both are low entry so will go under very low cars and both are aluminium so easy to haul around..

The Adaptor shown has a deeper groove cut as it was cut especially for my car while I will cut a fresh one with less depth for the Wife's Fiesta but it gives you the idea..

Once the adaptor is in place and jacked up under the car there is no way it can move. It really is a very stable platform and a safe way to lift your car without the possibility of doing any damage !.. I have used these for many years on a variety of cars and vans and have never had any issues at all.

BTW Both of the jacks pictured are from Costco.. The red 2 tonne one is on offer at the moment at £107 inc VAT. OK you can buy cheaper but hell are these tools built well and a joy to use !

Jacks002_zps176ca2cc.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up!

Was a bit worried for a sec!

Where could you place the axle stands though.....

Mate we have only just bought the Fiesta for the wife a week ago so I haven't been under the car yet.. But there will be a suitable point to place it ..

If Im doing say brake pads and discs I will raise the car and put a stand in a suitable place and gently lower the car so its just touching on the axle stand then close the valve on the jack. So in effect both the jack and the axle stand are holding the car and both elements backing each other up..

That inflatable one - it's inflated by hooking it up to the exhaust. Isn't that a really bad idea, surely there must be a lot of pressure needed to lift the car?

That inflatable one - it's inflated by hooking it up to the exhaust. Isn't that a really bad idea, surely there must be a lot of pressure needed to lift the car?

There are ones inflated by a standard garage air compressor.. I have seen one in use and though it was pretty good I prefer a normal trolley jack.

That bouncy castle thing can't be serious can it?

Mind you if it is full of exhaust gas imagine putting a match to it when you were done

Just got my pucks but it seems there bigger then my jack so they will probably slip off if i use them. Have to do abit of cutting and make it smaller

Just got my pucks but it seems there bigger then my jack so they will probably slip off if i use them. Have to do abit of cutting and make it smaller

Cutting the puck down will reduce stability not increase it.. Some jacks have small plates and this may be a problem.. As you can see from the pictures above the plates on my jacks are much larger than the puck so be very careful !!

Mine has a very small play so the puck is actually bigger then it haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club