Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brown Gunk In Oil Cap And Dip Stick

Anton_87

I have noticed today brown gunk in my oil when checking my levels, do no know how long its been like this. I also noticed that infront of my filler cap there was a pipe on the left that had come off completely. Would this be my head gasket on way out or would that pipe have anything to do with it? I have took a picture but not sure how to upload on here.

if you mean a breather pipe that fits to cam cover, could just be a blockage in the breather system.

Click more reply options at the bottom right handside of the reply box, then browse to select the picture, then click attach this file and once its loaded click add to post

Thanks i was using my phone did not see the options before. And yes think it is a breather pipe will upload picture now

youve forgotten to click add to post once youve selected and attached the picture :)

sorry was having trouble uploading picture off my phone so have now gone onto my laptop. here is the pipe that was off along with the brown stuff on my stick.

post-28419-0-91240500-1363543270_thumb.j

post-28419-0-61126500-1363543301_thumb.j

thats not a breather, its main air hose from filter assy, needs a proper clip to hold this on to throttle body.

brown gunk can be just a condensation issue, especially if your not losing water.

clean out the whole breathing system, plus fresh oil/filter...before draining oil, spray some carb cleaner down the dipstick tube and keep dipping the dipstick till it comes back cleaner

Hi when you say if im not losing water where would i be losing water from? my radiator? Where will i find that the water level for that? I can only see coolant level on the left. sorry im not very good with cars. thankyou

thats the place, called an expansion tank.

Oh ok i will check the level tomorrow then i dont think it was low but probably didnt take much notice as i didnt know what it was for. thanks for your help though. If it running low what do i top it up with? can i just use normal water?