Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Terraclean Seems To Be Spreading

Stoney871

Ok, I'm actually gobsmacked!

So much doubt from people over this new way of cleaning but I'm a very very happy bunny.

My DPF was blocked, throwing up the EML and "Engine Malfunction", got Terraclean South to do his magic, clean it, reset the codes and computer. She now runs like a charm, and pulls like a train! Didn't realise how much performance was lost through 86,000 miles of carbon build up!

It ain't half weird watching the car do a forced regen. Starts revving its self up on its own, and the crap that comes out during the whole entire process is amazing.

Now the crunch is to see how she is in a few weeks!

Now some pictures of the process:

All hooked up and ready to go:

IMG_20140219_154542_zpsd4b13ff7.jpg

First run before soak, that's just a little bit of crap to come out the back:

IMG_20140219_154514_zpsea8cdc1e.jpg

Cleaning after soaking:

IMG_20140219_155408_zps4254668b.jpg

Good result there Fella.

Amazing how much gak comes out eh?

Another member of the Terraclean club.

I've read this post with interest.

Just had my Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCI done today, and like everyone else I'm really impressed. I just wanted my car to run a bit better rather than improve the MPG, but going to the garage I was getting 39mpg, and on the way home it was 55mpg, driving the same way.

The whole car seems a bit more refined and much better to drive, money well spent.

The garage I used was top notch, really knew their stuff, and the guy was saying I should consider getting the EGR blanked off now. He uses a service where he downloads the details from the ECU and sends it to a mapping company who then delete the EGR from the map, tricking the engine into thinking it never had one and thus avoiding any EML coming on. Whilst this is taking place he fits the blanking plate.

Like Bluefin, I would also get a copy of the original map should I ever want to revert back.

All sounds good.

Another convert.

There's nothing better than a nice clean engine :d

Oh, one other thing is that if the cardboard cut out of Ed in the reception is his real size, he's a giant of a man! Must be all of 6'9"!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1.25 2011 Fiesta

Am a takeaway food delivery driver so i do put the miles in, am getting 38.1mpg round town, and not much difference on motorway, car has done 22 thousand miles.

Do you think my car would benefit from this terraclean.

David 295 have you ever tested out leaving your car running for delivery, perhaps getting a second key cut as long as it's parked in sight. If mpg does significantly improve, perhaps you can ask an auto sparky or find an on the shelf system for what they call run lock.

It's what police have, where u can take the key with you leaving the car running, but it will only stay running if you have the handbrake on and the car is in neutral.

Just a thought.

I don't think you will ever get brilliant mpg as a short journey stop start driver, have you tried a good old 'Italian tuneup' and long trip?

I have a 2nd key, but i can't lock my doors whilst engine is running.

My car is booked in today for a terraclean at 3pm

I have a 2nd key, but i can't lock my doors whilst engine is running.

My car is booked in today for a terraclean at 3pm

Am a takeaway food delivery driver so i do put the miles in, am getting 38.1mpg round town, and not much difference on motorway, car has done 22 thousand miles

WOW, what a difference terraclean has made I was out doing deliveries last night, and I was getting 56.6, I've never seen my car get that, the most I have ever had is 42.9 on motorway, on a run to Alton Towers.

post-33307-0-52326100-1397890006_thumb.p

I'm guttered, I was going to get Terraclean done! I need to get a few pennies in the bank and get it done with the timing belt!

hmm from all these reviews might get mine booked in soon :)

Definitely, as soon as I have the money I will be getting the timing belt changed and terraclean done. I'm getting 51mpg on average in my car and I can only imagine what I would get after a good service and terraclean!

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

if i can improve on 32 average ill be happy lol

• 1 month later...

found a terraclean place not far from me, think i'll book mine in for the start of july, only thing is i wont see my increased mpg as i dont have a trip computer so i'll have rely on the trusty old fuel guage haha.

You could always install a computer ;)

On the plus side though you can just use your mileage, and tank to work it out, but I recon you will get a good result.

i searched on here about fitting a trip computer but couldn't find any proper answers, or it was just for mk1's

If you want to fit one to a MK2, then you just buy a replacement from a higher spec, and you also need to replace the indicator stalk so it includes the reset button, should be a straight swap, then just get an auto locksmith to code your keys to the new cluster and should be good to go!

I would say though, if your going to this effort, do the upgrade and get the MK2.5 cluster, you can get more features from it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Definitely worth it. Also worth buying two egr gaskets from Ford and when you fit the blank plate fit with a new gasket either side

Engine runs sweeter and fuel economy improves slightly.

Emissions on the MOT are way down.