Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 2013

chrisdallen1951

I collected my brand new car on 12th March 2013 and was amazed. The car just wanted to GO and as a previous 1.6 Zetec S owner, I thought this new car was more powerful. Everything about this car is fantastic. The ride, the interior, the extras and gadgets and the admiring looks. My wife never liked the Zetec S because it was an uncomfortable car to travel in and I agreed on that one. This car excels in that department and the soundproofing is second to none together with the superb Ford radio and Speakers everywhere. For anyone dithering as to whether or not to buy one I would say TAKE A TEST DRIVE THEN DECIDE. I, like most people, was a bit dubious as to this new 3 pot engine with a turbo no less but I have been transformed even at my age of nearly 62.

I thought the Zetec S was very high geared whereas this one is very low geared which suits me better.

Thirty miles an hour in 4th gear registers just 1000 revs on the tacho. Now I said earlier that everything about this car is fantastic but I must say there is one niggle albeit a minor one. If you sit at traffic lights with the gears in neutral the engine shuts down and automatically starts up again when the clutch depresses again. I am fed up with this already because, as the car and interior is so quiet you do not realise the engine has shut down so you have to think before you set off again. This niggle is not important and does not hinder my love for this car. I cannot say what the fuel consumption has been as I have only had 40 quids worth of fuel in so far and, what with this lousy weather, stopping and starting to work and back I just do not know. I hope this review helps anyone on this topic. Chris

I test drove a Titanium and there is a button under the heater controls to switch start/stop feature off if required.

I will be ordering a new 125 Titanium very soon! :-)

Welcome Chris. Glad you are enjoying your new car so much. Please dont take this as an attack on you but...

I have read many times now (about different people in different makes/models) who say they do not like the start-stop system in their car but I cannot understand why?!

If you are sitting in neutral at traffic lights why does it matter that the engine has shut off? I dont get what extra there is that you have to think about? To move off WITHOUT stop-start, you put your foot on the clutch, shift into gear and feed in the power. To move off WITH stop-start, you put your foot on the clutch (which starts the engine), shift into gear and feed in the power. Its exactly the same and the engine restarting doesnt take any longer than it takes you to shift into first.

Now I said earlier that everything about this car is fantastic but I must say there is one niggle albeit a minor one. If you sit at traffic lights with the gears in neutral the engine shuts down and automatically starts up again when the clutch depresses again. I am fed up with this already because, as the car and interior is so quiet you do not realise the engine has shut down so you have to think before you set off again.

Yes, point taken. I have been driving nearly 45 years and still remember when, in the depths of winter, you had to pray your car kept ticking over at traffic lights having the tin foil spread over the front grille to stop ice crystals forming at the mouth of the carburettor. The ice melted by the time you lifted the bonnet. I guess this modern technology has overtaken me. For instance, I have not as yet configured the mobile phone to work in the car ( I got my very first mobile phone 3 years ago). So I appreciate your comments and you are dead right. I shouldn`t really be moaning about stop/start and it does not take away the brilliance of this car. Thank you. Chris

It is an excellent engine and car. I have only had mine since Saturday and wasn't sure about the 1.0 but its so nippy! The turbo kicks in low down and yet its so economical. I saw 48mpg and briefly 50mpg and the car only has 150 miles under its belt so it can only get better as the engine runs in. I have had the mpg down to 36 when booting it a bit but this is still vastly superior to my old motors 28mpg.

If you do lots of miles per year then the superior economy of a diesel makes sense but I do less than 9k miles per year so the petrol engine makes perfect sense. It's cheaper to buy than the diesel and in time it will be well into the 50's mpg and maybe 60mpg, its free to tax and cheap to fill up (old motor was £95 to fill up). Great all rounder!

on mine on the control panel at the bottom by the gear stick there is a little (a) with a circle arrow going around it i'm pretty sure this switches the start/stop on and off?

on mine on the control panel at the bottom by the gear stick there is a little (a) with a circle arrow going around it i'm pretty sure this switches the start/stop on and off?

Correct. I like it though and it fires up very quickly

The wife's focus titanium x 1.6 ecoboost as stop/start and its not let us down once in the last 12 months.

I did once get some boy racer sat next to me at traffic lights in the off side lane, last summer and he thought id stalled it, driver & passenger start to take mick. So when the lights changed to amber then green, I dipped the clutch, selected 1st, press the right pedal to the floor and left him in the smoke from the tyres. Lol.

Forgot to mention, it's the 180bhp ecoboost and because its a titanium x, is has no identifying badges, just a focus badge on the left and a small ecoboost badge on the right of the boot lid.

Glad u like it. Love mine with all the little toys on it

I would like to thank everyone for your feedback on the ecoboost subject as I now know what roughly to expect on the fuel economy and I can disable stop start. I am sure that, after having got used to this car, I shall have the greatest pleasure in leaving some cars standing at the traffic lights as I am sure this car is more than capable in doing so. I part exchanged a 1.2 Polo for this 1.0 Fiesta Ecoboost. The 7 year old Polo was my best car EVER and it never let me down and it kept it`s price as it only had 30000 on the clock so if this Fiesta is half as good over time I shall be more than pleased. Thank you all.

I collected my Xetec S on Tuesday am also loving it, I had a Punto Evo Sporting, however the Fiesta is so much more refined and nicer to drive. If you don't like the start stop on the fiesta the one on the punto was even worse. I almost never worked and you usually had to depress the clutch, release it then depress it again to restart the engine. The fiesta start stop seems to work flawlessly.

Anyway hope you continue to enjoy it as will I :)

Evening all,

First post, picked up my new ecoboost 1.0 100ps today in zetec, quick question I was under the impression when driving along I would revive notifications in the form of a arrow telling me to shift up down for fuel consumption

Is it something that's not standard on mine or Is it turned off, going to have a glance in book tomorrow

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I collected my Xetec S on Tuesday am also loving it, I had a Punto Evo Sporting, however the Fiesta is so much more refined and nicer to drive. If you don't like the start stop on the fiesta the one on the punto was even worse. I almost never worked and you usually had to depress the clutch, release it then depress it again to restart the engine. The fiesta start stop seems to work flawlessly.

Anyway hope you continue to enjoy it as will I :)

Can I ask does your Zetec-S have the Ambient lighting in the interior? as i'm due mine in less that a week! (Really Excited!) - Thanks.

Can I ask does your Zetec-S have the Ambient lighting in the interior? as i'm due mine in less that a week! (Really Excited!) - Thanks.

They have the cup-holder lighting, but not the rest of it.

Picked mine up last week :)

Was abit worried before I got it as I was coming from a Focus ST and thought I would never get used to the drop in power but my fears were soon in the distance when I drove it off the forecourt. I test drove the 100hp Fiesta and thought it was gutless so asked to try the 125 which the dealer didn't have. I was later offered a drive in a 125hp Focus and was really surprised how quick it was for such a big car so ordered a fiesta soon after.

So here it is, a 125hp Titanium 5dr in Midnight Sky with the dress up kit and a few little extras. I will be changing the grills at a later stage to match the Zetec S (no 5 door)

Enjoy :)

post-5052-0-23667400-1364394497_thumb.jp post-5052-0-18615000-1364394507_thumb.jp post-5052-0-21466700-1364394529_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-82209800-1364394513_thumb.jp post-5052-0-04556400-1364394547_thumb.jp post-5052-0-35989200-1364394555_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-35392500-1364394575_thumb.jp

• 10 months later...

Hello. Nice, this is what i want my fiesta to look like as well. Been looking for ages for a body kit for the 5 door variant.

Would you be so kind as to measure the length of the side skirt? Is it the same as the 3 door variants? Many Thanks