Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philips Bluevision Fitted But Dodgy Owners Manual!

The Dark Knight

Having driven the new motor down the A38 last week late at night, I thought the headlights weren't up to much. I invested in BlueVision dipped beam lights and sidelights. Not blue as the name suggests but the perfect crisp white light and when I had one side fitted I fired them up and it made the other side look a dingy yellow colour. Both fitted now and a huge difference.

The owners manual is crap though. It said remove 2 screws to remove the light unit but clearly there were 3 to remove. After much swearing and wrestling with the unit I removed the unit and then the manual claimed that to remove the dipped light bulb it needed turning counter clockwise. Rubbish again because some metal flaps needed folding back and the bulb unit lifts out, no turning needed!

P.S, not looking forward to the horrendous snow forecast for me tomorrow. Got rid of my 4x4 at a bad time! Next winter I am planning on investing in some Continental Winter Contact TS850 tyres which have great reviews.

Is there a clip under it holding the light? Or just the 3 screws?

I think it sort of slots in. No clip to release as such and certainly nothing noted in the aforementioned dodgy manual. The second unit was a walk in the park to do. The first was just stiff.

If you want the bluish colour without fitting HIDs then fit either Philips diamond vision 5000k or osram hyperblue :) they arent strictly road legal but you'll never get pulled for them :)

Going from memory I only removed 2 screws and a clip undrneath the unit that you just tilt and pull the unit to release the clip. I never read the manual though

Going from memory I only removed 2 screws and a clip undrneath the unit that you just tilt and pull the unit to release the clip. I never read the manual though

The facelift model must be different then but perhaps the manual refers in error to the pre-facelift. Pretty glaring error

If you want the bluish colour without fitting HIDs then fit either Philips diamond vision 5000k or osram hyperblue :) they arent strictly road legal but you'll never get pulled for them :)

Not worried about them appearing blue its just that the bluevision got excellent reviews and decent value. Much improved light

;)

Well if you decide to have the lights out again, take a picture of the electrical connectors on the wires and headlights for me please :P thinking of upgrading to Titanium headlights at some point :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club