Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Oil Information Message - Help!

Scandic18

The 'service Oil' information message came on yesterday. I've now had the oil and filter replaced but the information message will not cancel. I'd be grateful for any suggestions please. (Mk4 Mondeo 2ltr 140 57 plate)

Ok bud what you do is insert key DON NOT TURN depress brake and accelerator pedals at the same time and hold now switch the car on but DO NOT start the engine watch the screen between Speedo and rev counter it will say resetting service light hold pedals down until complete. Easy as pie then turn your car off fire it up obv remove feet from pedals then the message shouldnt appear this was how I do it on my focus but it's a 2010 model but should hopefully be the same let me know how you get on

Ps mine is a focus as well but I would imagine it's the same

Worked it out! Procedure below for others who may not know.

1. Get in car ensure all doors are closed.

2. Press both the accelerator and the brake pedal and hold them down at the same time.

3. Swith the ignition ON but do not start the engine.

4. Display will show message Service:Oil reset in prog.

5. Wait about 15 seconds - the display will show the message Service:Oil reset complete.

6. Take both feet of pedals.

7. Press OK to close.

8. Swith OFF ignition - then ON again - message should have gone. If not - repeat above procedure.

Thank you Keiran for your quick response. You replied as I was typing in the solution. Thanks again.

• Like 1

No problem looks like I was a tad faster on the keyboard :-)

Worked it out! Procedure below for others who may not know.

1. Get in car ensure all doors are closed.

2. Press both the accelerator and the brake pedal and hold them down at the same time.

3. Swith the ignition ON but do not start the engine.

4. Display will show message Service:Oil reset in prog.

5. Wait about 15 seconds - the display will show the message Service:Oil reset complete.

6. Take both feet of pedals.

7. Press OK to close.

8. Swith OFF ignition - then ON again - message should have gone. If not - repeat above procedure.

does this procedure work with push start button?

Sorry, I don't know if it is the same procedure for the button start. Hopefully one of the other forum members can confirm one way or the other.

• 1 year later...

does this procedure work with push start button?

Yes it is exactly the same as with a key just don't touch the clutch as a press of the button is the same as turning the electrics on

• 5 months later...

Do you know if this works on the messages that appear on the fiesta mk7. I have a message that i want to remove, its not on the dash but on the screen where the ford sync is.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club