Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Coil Pack Replacement

artscot79

you know mate for the life of me i can't remember :blink:

its a fair few months back now that i had my door cards n b pillars off

i'm sure someone must know the answer though, how come you need to know anyway?

Passenger side rear Speakers caput and i really cant be bothered taking the door cards off and drilling out rivets etc so i was gonna extend the wires from the passenger and driver footwells to the rear and stick a set in the parcel shelf no biggie ill just pop the stereo back out again

• 4 months later...

Can anyone please help me I'm female and know nothing about cars and what Im actually on about!! I have a 1998 Ford Focus and a few days ago started to judder, lose power and engine smelt terrible driving back home. My dad thought it was the coil pack as cylinders 1 & 4 wasn't working, so I went and got a new coil pack, that was fitted and still 1&4 not working. He had a small code reader that was plugged in under the steering wheel and the cod PO351 came up. Anyone know what to try next?

thats a signal fault from the coil pack wiring plug it was common on that year and needs the wiring checked as it was prone to splits ford actually sell a new piece of wiring to repair the broken ones also cheap coil packs dont work on the focus genuine ford ones give less hassle also you should change plugs and leads as a faulty coil will damage the leads so you put a new coil in and the leads cause another misfire and ruin the coil pack again did he clear the original code first as well if he didnt then the car thinks its still misfiring try clearing the fault and see if it comes back first

• 3 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, does anyone have part numbers for the Bocsh Coilpack,  Bosch Leads and Bosch plugs I'd be gretful 

Cheers

This is the one I purchased last month, Genuine Ford.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-FORD-FOCUS-II-Ignition-Coil-1-6-1-4-from-11-04-/371252807419?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus&hash=item56706446fb:g:pEUAAOSw-W5U1Oet

If you buy Bosch leads be very careful to get the right ones,  The set I bought number one lead was 2 inches too long, number two lead was also 2inches too long.

The correct leads I got were from Eurocarparts on a weekend offer for £17.  As regards plugs I always use Beru.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jon84 said:

Sorry to drag up an old thread, does anyone have part numbers for the Bocsh Coilpack,  Bosch Leads and Bosch plugs I'd be gretful 

Cheers

I replaced mine with an aftermarket one (£32) from Eurocarparts after they messed me around trying to order the Bosch one at an extremely good price. They are probably made in the same factory, all the same markings and the same potting except no Bosch/FoMoCo logo.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club