Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immboiliser Fault Fiesta 1.25 2003

rozannamay

The immboiliser light is on, on the dash board!

Keeps flashing on and off, but the car won't start?

Is it the immboiliser or?

If so where is the immboiliser to disconnect it

Cheers

if immobiliser light is flashing, means the key isnt recognised/fault in system

if you have another key, then try that one instead...if that works then you need to get first key reprogrammed, if it doesnt then you have a fault elsewhere in the system.

immobilisers cant be disconnected without major work.

What involes major work To disconnect it?

you cant just disconnect immobiliser, its all programmed into the ecu..guarantee it will be far cheaper to just find/repair the fault, even if its the ecu itself thats causing the problem.

Ive had it on a diagnostic machine but no errors where found.

Niether key works too.

Fords want 85 plus VAT just to tell me the fault

there will be a code, but you need correct software on machine to access it.

try turning ignition on, leave it for few minutes till rapid flashing ceases, you might see the light then give you a flashing code...for eg, 1 flash...pause...3 flashes = code 13

could also try putting into programming mode, though i doubt this will work be worth a try..

insert first key, turn ign on, then off [not cranking, just ignition]

insert second key, ign on, then off

insert first key again, ign on then off

insert second key again, ign on, then off

remove key, leave couple of minutes to ensure programming mode stops...then give keys a try.

Tried this, just flashing for about 3mins

Then pauses, then flashes 20 times but no pauses just 20 one after anthor

Cheers

when its flasing 20 times, is it flashing slower than original flashing when you turn it on...

if so, it could be giving you code 11

this is referring to the transponder pick up, either a poor connection or faulty pick up.

pick up is a plastic ring located behind the steering column cowling, slides over the ignition switch...

easy to replace, not expensive.

if flashing is as rapid on the 20 count as it is from beginning, will need a diagnostic check..probably find somewhere cheaper than ford, just ask to make sure they can access and read immobiliser system.

when its flasing 20 times, is it flashing slower than original flashing when you turn it on...
if so, it could be giving you code 11

yes it flashes slower than what it does when we first turn the igniton on.

i been reading this:

Hello again,

U2510 would stop the car from starting, this code is for a communication issue between the engine management module (PCM) and the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster is part of the immobiliser on this model, if the instrument cluster can't communicate with the PCM then the immobiliser will remain active. The only thing that concerns me on your car is the fact that the immobiliser LED doesn't flash fast when the ignition is on as it should with this fault. Neither knock sensor code should prevent the car starting and the fuel level sensor code certainly won't.

I would put the most likely cause of the fault as a faulty instrument cluster which would explain why the immobiliser LED is acting as it should.

To confirm this would mean checking the CAN wiring between the cluster and PCM, pins 31 and 32 of the cluster are the can wires, pins F31 and F19 are the CAN wires at the PCM.

To access the PCM wiring means removing the security bolt, when you disconnect the PCM check that there's no corrosion in the connector, also check the engine bay wiring near the gearbox to make sure there is no damage to it causing interference on the CAN.

The knock sensor wiring goes to M16, M31 and M32 of the PCM connector so when the connector is off I would eliminate any wiring concern to the knock sensor.

could this have anything to do with it?

and if so where is the pcm located, is the one on the back of the battery?

cheers.

although i would agree with whats written there, your problem differs in that the led is flashing.

if you have the flashing light with padlock, then ins cluster problem could give you a non start issue, but if your led is like the one in the video, then cluster doesnt effect immobiliser.

plus in order to carry out the test he is suggesting, you will need an oscilloscope to diagnose correctly

will need to know exact model/year for pcm location, but going by 1.25 03 plate, would think pcm is inside car

only way to know if this is your problem is to have codes read correctly, but its sounding like led is giving you a code 11, in which case pick up is causing a problem

• Like 1

the light with the "car and padlock" flashing the same as the video yes

any tips where to start or just get it on a machine?

give me a while to check something...

in meantime, i believe you have the type 1 pats

im convinced light is giving you a code 11 as light gives you 10 flashes of code...ie 10 x 2 single flshes =20

take off the cowling around the steering column to expose the ignition switch, slide off the plastic pick up surrounding the ignition barrel, follow the wiring from back of pick up, to its destination and unplug it....this is the section code 11 is indicating a problem [the wiring, not the unit you unplugged it from] so check for any obvious wiring problems, plus sometimes, just unplugging and plugging back is enough to get it working again.

not unusual for pick ups to just fail

i will look through some data and see if this can be tested with a voltmeter, which i think it can, so save you a trip to ford and their questionable quote just for a read out [ouch]

cant find what i was looking for...

your pick up maybe plastic ring with built in loom to connect to module, or plastic ring on its own with wiring plugged into back of it..

cost of pick ups is usually around the £20 mark...maybe worth a gamble with a new one.

otherwise, needs to go on diagnostic to read/identify fault

• 2 years later...

I got a fault code 13 on my 1996 fiesta ghia I only have one key what should I do the lights and radio work but no sound at all on ignition

• 8 months later...

Can any please help me read my immobiliser code. After about 1 minute flashing rapidly, It start flashing slowly 6 time then off for a bit, then 6 time then off. I dont really know what code this refer to

Thanks alot

You'd be better off starting your own thread. as you can see, the last person to revive this thread last time got no answer.

Do you have two keys? If so, try them both. Have you check your battery in the remote?

Have you had your clocks, ECU or transponder changed at all?

• 3 years later...

Hope this helps but my son in law has a ford fiesta 5 door  1.4 petrol 2004 just passed his test he went to start car one day and nothing.dash lights all up ok turn key nothing imobiler light flashing on dash .luckily im a forklift truck engineer i traced fault down to a big plug under bonnet ubove battery by the suspension turret n/s and bulkhead .its got a bolt in it.its that socket.take apart clean with electrical spray but back together tighten bolt .now starting ok .its the lpug which goes to ecu but its not the plug on the ecu as in fords wisdom they have put a shear bolt in it grrr.lol hope this helps .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club