Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Kit.

George. 1991

Evening people :)

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions...?

Last year I bought my self a Aux kit already fitted into my car. It's located top left behind the glove box lid! As it looks, it's not a suitable fit for a audio cable to plug into and the glove box lid simply doesn't shut...!

My only option is that I will do some times this year move it and use up one of the squared blanks below the head unit/fan knobs. I can see that the square blank is extremely delicate and I'm scared of shattering it by using a power drill to make the hole with it. So I might use a hand drill instead.....!

Any other suggestions that you all could help me with...?

George Hartas :)

Evening people :)

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions...?

Last year I bought my self a Aux kit already fitted into my car. It's located top left behind the glove box lid! As it looks, it's not a suitable fit for a audio cable to plug into and the glove box lid simply doesn't shut...!

My only option is that I will do some times this year move it and use up one of the squared blanks below the head unit/fan knobs. I can see that the square blank is extremely delicate and I'm scared of shattering it by using a power drill to make the hole with it. So I might use a hand drill instead.....!

Any other suggestions that you all could help me with...?

George Hartas :)

Hi George,

I use the Aux port in the glove box,

Bought a 1.5 metre male to male phono cable on e-bay then with the glovebox open push the cable through the bottom of the glovebox door,

Then close the glove box no problem.

The cable comes out the botom of the glovebox door with comfortable control of the mp3 on passenger seat or footwell.

Hi

The blanking square is actually a lot stronger and thicker than they look. I recently installed a jack plug in one of mine in my mark 2 facelift focus. I happily used a power drill and actually and glad I did. Turns out they are quite strong plastic.

see the pictures here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/39018-35mm-jack-socket-mod-mk2-focus/

It was easy to install although the annoying thing was the jack plug I bought, the thread was to short to go through the blanking plate (turns out its about 3 or 4 mm thick) so i had to glue it in instead, so you will need something with a long thread or as I am planing to do, put a neutrik 3.5m jack chassis mount socket in instead. I will post pics when I eventually get round to this.

Happy 'Auxing'

JT.

Hi George,

I use the Aux port in the glove box,

Bought a 1.5 metre male to male phono cable on e-bay then with the glovebox open push the cable through the bottom of the glovebox door,

Then close the glove box no problem.

The cable comes out the botom of the glovebox door with comfortable control of the mp3 on passenger seat or footwell.

Hi Leonard.

Could it be possible for you to show me some pictures about your idea...?

George Hartas.

Hi Leonard.

Could it be possible for you to show me some pictures about your idea...?

George Hartas.

Hi George,

Please see images below; as requested mate

IMG_20130328_191837_zps6ae9dd2f.jpg

IMG_20130328_191900_zpsbfbdbd00.jpg

IMG_20130328_191917_zpsd0d4b7c9.jpg

IMG_20130328_191941_zps3f03e589.jpg

IMG_20130328_191957_zpsf42773b2.jpg

IMG_20130328_192024_zps5b990dd2.jpg

IMG_20130328_192127_zpscfdb2380.jpg

IMG_20130328_192049_zps99062c43.jpg

IMG_20130328_192107_zps5ae829e0.jpg

Hi Leonard...

Yeah, I thought so had that idea in the first place! :)

I fitted mine within the cut plate next to it where you fitted yours.

I'll simply do that when I get chance!

George Hartas.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club