Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk1 Ghia Boot Release

technium

Hi Guys

Ive just noticed another problem with the car ive just purchased. The boot release on the remote and the button inside the car appear to do nothing.

Is there a fuse somewhere for this that I can check first?

I didnt get any manuals with the car apart from service book but is there a place to download the owners manual or anything?

thanks again in advance.

Colin

Do you hear a click when you push the button? if not then your boot lock solenoid may have packed up.

Is the wiring in the rubber conduit between the car and the boot in good order?

There is no separate fuse for the boot release, all doors and boot lock are controlled and powered via the central locking module so if the doors operate properly then there is power.

You may need to replace the boot lock, I have a guide on my signature for replacing one on a hatchback.

You'd need to compare locks to be sure but I believe they are the same for a hatchback and a saloon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-BOOT-LOCK-SOLENOID-COMPLETE-WITH-KEY-/140937482667?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item20d08751ab

• 9 years later...

I've same problem on a 03 petrol saloon focus. Button  on dash is good. Boot lock is good but it's  a green/white wire connecting  to the boot lock that doesn't  have power when inside button is pressed and it should as I've checked another car  with same system. Wiring harness seems OK on boot lid as are all fuses. Could the Gem module by drivers foot be the culprit ??...any help greatly  appreciated 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club