Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crankshaft Pulley Replacement Easy Or Not????

jeffnat68

Hey all.Been told by local garage that the crank shaft pulley may need replacing as it looks like a rusty colour coming out in the middle of the pully.Is this an easy job to do or is it best to let them do it?Also what would be the best way to go about changing it if its easy?Cheers for any help... :)

Ide leave it to them if im honest it will mean removing the timing belt retiming it etc they should replace the belt with a kit new pulley pulley bolt cam bolt timing belt tensioner and tensioner bolt

Really!!!Its know where near the timming belt just the aux belt.Sure you are not getting mixed up with the camshaft?Or am I totally crap with engine parts...lol..

It is down there but depending on the model the cambelt is routed round the pulley or am i too tired to think lok

If it is the one im thinking you are correct however the bolts are a well known mare and either shear off ir arent put back properly with the end result being valve damage its still advisable to have the oil seal and aux belt and tensioner replaced

If the crankshaft pulley is anything like the mondeo, it's quite straight forward to change.

Sadly not stef its location and lack of undertray makes it a sod however if you have an undertray it may be as stef said fairly easy just make sure the bolts put in with thread lock theres quite a few posts on other forums of it shearing or coming out after the works done

Sadly not stef its location and lack of undertray makes it a sod however if you have an undertray it may be as stef said fairly easy just make sure the bolts put in with thread lock theres quite a few posts on other forums of it shearing or coming out after the works done

I have done them on a few cars now, one of them being 20 year old and probably never been off until that point. Never had any trouble so far. That said, good fittings tools and an understanding of the job is a must.

On alot of car, the bolts are torque tightened and then angle tightened so if done correctly there should be no need for thread lock - again I have never had to use it for this application.

Havent done one im just going on what ive read on other ford forums as you say if the job wasnt done right to start with it wont help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club