Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Focus Fault Code

monster1964

Help required,

I have a 2007 Focus 1.8 tdci. The car started on Saturday morning then cut out. An Engine Systems Fault message came up on the dash board. I continued to try and start the car without any success. Britannia rescue said it could be the immobilser but they weren't sure (the guy had been working 12 straight hours dealing with cars caught in the snow on Friday and I think he was on his last legs) so the car was taken to my local garage for analysis. A number of fault codes are coming up but the one that remains when reset is P0091. Anyone any ideas what this fault means?

Thanks.

fuel pressure regulator 1: short to earth

possible causes

wiring short to earth, metering solenoid, pcm

Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit Low. Could be caused by a number of issues.

- Faulty fuel pressure regulator
- Fuel pressure regulator harness is open or shorted
- Fuel pressure regulator electrical circuit poor connection

Could be some others such as the fuel filter

When was the car last serviced?

A new fuel filter may be needed.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses so far. Will pass onto the mechanic. The car was serviced two weeks ago. The fuel filter was replaced. Just hoping the fault can be identified quickly and repaired without costing the earth. I am losing my street cred driving a nissan joke....oooppps juke courtesy car!!!!

Did the car run ok before the service?

May I recommend that you check the fuel filter seal?

If it's not bedded in right or they didn't replace it with the filter, that would cause air to leak into the fuel lines and cause a headache.

Hi

P0091 code: Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit Low .

Again thanks for the advice. I was speaking with a friend of mine who had a similar problem after a service. It seems that the fuel filter wasn't a genuine part and when fitted the o-ring seal wasn't true and air was being sucked in. Same problem I am having since the garage mechanic stated that when he bled the fuel there was air in the fuel. So thats the next step.

Situation now resloved. A genuine ford fuel filter fitted to the car. Now runs perfectly. The fuel filter that was fitted at service was not a genuine part. We found the fuel filter seal was a different shape and wasn't giving a 100% seal. A lesson here that getting non ford parts fitted doesn't always work out cheaper. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Job done and the Ford fuel filter strikes again. ;)

Another case of use a genuine filter confirmed. Nice work :)