Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Locking Doors?

The Dark Knight

I must confess I haven't RTFM but it's cold outside and I don't want to go fetch the manual when I can just sit here and absorb the endless knowledge of forum members! ;-)

So, there is a button on the dash to lock the doors. They don't auto lock when pulling away though, which I have had on previous cars and I think it's a good idea. I have had a quick scroll through the on screen menu of SYNC but couldn't see it.

Does anyone else have this feature enabled or knows how to enable it?

Cheers.

No option unfortunately. You can however program the remote so the usual one press only unlocks the drivers door.

• Like 1

Suspected that would be the outcome. Thanks for the input. I will just have to get into the habit of pressing the button. Good feature when you hear stories about thugs opening car doors, dragging the driver out and taking the car

Suspected that would be the outcome. Thanks for the input. I will just have to get into the habit of pressing the button. Good feature when you hear stories about thugs opening car doors, dragging the driver out and taking the car

I've driven with my car doors locked since 2003 for that very reason, someone tried it on me at set of lights on Renfield St here in Glasgow back then :unsure: :(

Not much help for us guys unfortunately, but it looks as though foreign spec Fiestas do have an auto lock option. At 0:37 the doors are unlocked (the little orange LED is out), but when he drives the car forward and the speed goes up (albeit on axle stands), at 1:29 the doors look like they've locked themselves?

I guess there would be completely different modules/software for these cars though, and I suppose there's more hijackings in Mexico.

This is usually standard on the majority of American cars. When riding with friends during high school they would auto lock at around 10-15mph. mainly on mini vans to stop kids from opening the sliding door and falling out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club