Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1St Mot

k13r4n

Ok had my 1st mot today for my Tina titanium and despite having blueish headlights I have passed it so all that's left is the tax and service in next few thousand miles so it's safe to say see you at ford fair guys

Had an Mot yesterday with a clean pass.

I can confirm that front fog lights with Cree bulbs will pass. :)

glad to hear that both cars passed :)

Btw, you will pass an mot with whatever front fog lights you like fitted - they are not testable.

It is curious that they aren't tested as using ones modified for drl and non working fogs will get someone pulled.

Glad I'm not a traffic officer, the idiosyncrasies of vehicle regulations are a pain to keep up to date on.

Off topic but the amount of "One Eyed Cars" I see on the roads around my area is shocking,

And Because They Are One Light Down They Think It Is Acceptable To Drive Along With High Beam On.

One Tail Lighted Cars Annoy Me Too.

Rant Over

:-)

Jamie

Off topic but the amount of "One Eyed Cars" I see on the roads around my area is shocking,

And Because They Are One Light Down They Think It Is Acceptable To Drive Along With High Beam On.

One Tail Lighted Cars Annoy Me Too.

Rant Over

:-)

Jamie

I actually lose count of the amount of cars i see driving around the area with one headlight working. Really annoying

And again I also lose count of the amount of cars I see with a tail light out, always seems to be coras n fiestas

Especially when we are having blizzards etc at the moment :-( a bulb could cost as little as 50 pence, I agree fitting it isn't easy these days

Jamie

People are just to lazy to bother, I check my bulbs regularly and carry spare ones. I hate people who have one headlight out so put their fogs on as we'll to compensate.

People are just to lazy to bother, I check my bulbs regularly and carry spare ones. I hate people who have one headlight out so put their fogs on as we'll to compensate.

Totally agree.

Driving with their fog lights on to compensate in my view infers that they know their headlight is out, ergo they know they're driving the vehicle in an unfit condition and deserve to be pulled.

I would never put a 50p bulb in my headlights though :P I actually like seeing where I'm going which is why I trumped for the osrams

Can't say I know what the going rate for tail light bulbs is though so it may well be 50p for all I know

Is very annoying though especially when its really dark at night and it just looks like a motorbike is coming up behind you till it gets close enough. Having fogs on with a headlight out is another annoying thing

Well done Kieron anyway mate on passing the MOT. Ain't that long ago since mine sailed through with not one advisory

Totally agree.

Driving with their fog lights on to compensate in my view infers that they know their headlight is out, ergo they know they're driving the vehicle in an unfit condition and deserve to be pulled.

Exactly mate which is why you'd have a field day if you went on patrol round here

• Like 1

Even worse is one lamp louies on country lanes.

• Like 1

Dudes look lol the 50p Bulb thing was just an example lol :-)

Who agree's bulbs should still be changed in pairs where convienant to do so ie at home and not on a layby to get home

Jamie

Its the damp and cold that causes them to go. Just when you need them most

• Like 1

Dudes look lol the 50p Bulb thing was just an example lol :-)

Who agree's Bulbs should still be changed in pairs where convienant to do so ie at home and not on a layby to get home

Jamie

Lol I know mate I was just joking about

and yeah it is recommended to always change em in pairs as if one goes you can be sure the other will go shortly after

• Like 1

Completely agree on the whole one light thing, it's totally dangerous in the weather we are having at the moment. Combine this with the number of people who drive on sidelights + front fogs, or no lights at all, its rare to see someone who's illuminated properly!!

Having said that, I did have a strange issue where my Focus kept eating cheap LED sidelights, which caused the bulb failure circuit to stop one of my tailights from lighting up, or it would light up very dimly or very brightly like a rear fog. I got flashed at a lot that night!

Having said that, I did have a strange issue where my Focus kept eating cheap LED sidelights, which caused the bulb failure circuit to stop one of my tailights from lighting up, or it would light up very dimly or very brightly like a rear fog. I got flashed at a lot that night!

That is a strange one indeed mate. All sorted now I hope? Bet you was wondering whats going on getting flashed all night

One of my first cars was a Honda and it had a warning panel on the dash to notify you if lights had packed up.

Why don't more car companies have this?

That is a strange one indeed mate. All sorted now I hope? Bet you was wondering whats going on getting flashed all night

Still being in warranty, it went back to Ford who messed about with it for a day and fixed it. I got some more expensive LEDs and haven't had an issue since. At first, I thought a lorry driver had thought I'd cut him up as he kept flashing me, but then a mate followed me for a bit and explained it was like a fog light for a few minutes, then went really dim!

One of my first cars was a Honda and it had a warning panel on the dash to notify you if lights had packed up.

Why don't more car companies have this?

Might reduce the number of cars on the road with half their bulbs working! Though I have a suspicion most people can't be bothered...

Completely agree on the whole one light thing, it's totally dangerous in the weather we are having at the moment. Combine this with the number of people who drive on sidelights + front fogs, or no lights at all, its rare to see someone who's illuminated properly!!

It drives me mad seeing people driving at night with either no lights on, only sidelights, or sidelights + fog lights. I give them a couple of flashes, then again if they don't correct it, then a little toot as they pass - idiots lol.

I see loads of 'cyclops' (one light) cars too.

And people seem to love driving with fog lights on thinking they look cool. Isn't this an offence if it isn't actually foggy?

Rant over.

Hi

Didn't Upper Models of the :-

Sierra

Granada Ghia X (maybe the post 85 model)

Have Bulb Failure Warning Lights

Jamie

p.s Cyclops lol

there are quite a few cars now which have the bulb failure warning, its just an excuse for the lack of maintenance for some people though

• Like 1

there are quite a few cars now which have the bulb failure warning, its just an excuse for the lack of maintenance for some people though

Totally Agree !!

Jamie

in section 6 of the construction and use manual which is a statement of law. There is no mention of any minimum distance of visibility but it is usually accepted to be when visibility is severely reduced.

It's basically up to a drivers best judgement as to correct application of fog lights.

The visibility measurement of 100 metres in consideration of lights is in reference to the compulsory use of headlights.

• Like 1

well done on the mot pass fella.

als does my head in when peeps are driving a car with blown bulbs no need for it