Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Fiesta Zetec S Drl's

jd_james

Well I have had it a few days now and obviously due to having a ZS the DRLS are not a strip like the titaniums.

I was looking to upgrade them and the side lights as they are different from the dull yellow to a white. I notice in the handbook it says the DRL's are H15 which are my DRL/high beams , which i find quite strange. The only other motors to have these are the old Golfs.

Any recommendations?

I've also been looking at this and from what I can gather there is absolutely nothing.

There is a kit for £15 on eBay that basically is 2 bits of blue film that slides over the bulb and makes it bluer but not sure how this will look.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTEC-H15-BULB-SUPER-WHITE-UPGRADE-KIT-PAIR-/221117215102?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337b9cf17e

let me know how you get on would be interested if you find anything else out.

I have ordered something similar to this and will give it a try.

Apparently it gives it a whiter shine with a tiny bit of blue in it but not much should be better than the horrible yellow.

H15? Where did you find this? The sidelight/DRL are T10 bulbs.

H15? Where did you find this? The sidelight/DRL are T10 bulbs.

according to the manual they are H15s

Definitely T10s, looked yesterday myself at the lights and they're just a small bulb, the H15s are quite a sizeable bulb.

What model you got were talking about the facelifts 7.5 here.

They are H15 because their dual lights and act as a DRL and then full beam when you flash the lights.

Well to be honest the DRL's don't worry me but what I decided to do was up grade the sidelights and dipped headlights to Philips Bluevision. Huge difference and a bright crisp white light now. H7 and W5W bulbs came as a package.

Well to be honest the DRL's don't worry me but what I decided to do was up grade the sidelights and dipped headlights to Philips Bluevision. Huge difference and a bright crisp white light now. H7 and W5W bulbs came as a package.

Didn't you find the standards bright anyway? I think they are decent.

Didn't you find the standards bright anyway? I think they are decent.

No I thought they were a bit dingy but I had uprated bulbs in my previous motor so perhaps its just being used to those

Going to get a set of these ultra visions as well 14.95 bargin!

I have upgraded the side lights to blue ones and the dipped to Osram NightBreaker Plus's. I had them on my old car and they made a huge different. They are definately better then the standard ones are. Just a pity there is nothing to upgrade those DRL/Full Beams I really find the full beam pityfull.

There's only the films isn't there. Ill let u know how I get on with them n get some pics.

There's only the films isn't there. Ill let u know how I get on with them n get some pics.

Great thanks will be interested to find out how they are. My main concern is that they reduce the amount of light. this isn't really a problem for the DRL's but I think it might be for the full beam.

I've just bought some replacement bulbs for my side lights (which I have on all the time) which are LED blue/white, swapped for basic dull bulbs.

Shall post pictures when i fit them this weekend!

Oh damn... Can you turn them off or do they turn off when sidelights are on? They're gonna look junk with HID's...

• Like 1

Nope can't turn off unless you have side lights on perm.

So when you switch to your sidelights they go out? I already always have my sidelights/headlights on, so could really live with the yellow DRL's.

• Like 1

Yeah DRLs are brighter than the side lights but go out once you turn sidelights or dipped beams on.

• Like 1

Ah good times, saved my life there :P

Now for that bit of relief, I have hunted about and on American Fiesta's they can be deactivated by the dealers. Possibly you'd be able to take off the pin responsible for the DRL section also, but can't say for sure. Not sure why Ford have opted for an H15 if honest, makes very little sense to me, it's a terrible bulb.

Not so helpful though if you want a 6000K light >.<

What are the other bulbs? Going to be a pain if they've changed the Fog's and Dipped Beams -.-

• Like 1

dipped - H7

Front fog - H11

Side - W5W

Side Indicator - WY5W

rear fog - P21W

reversing - W16W

Licence plate - W5W

• Like 1

Exactly the same as the Mk7 then, so will just be a case of swapping across :P

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Do you have any pics with the films on you could post? Cheers

• Like 2

They didnt work, was cheap and didnt fit in properly.

Don't get them.

• Like 1