Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Headlight Question.....

frostman83

took my car in to a ford dealer to replace a headlight that had condensation. they replaced this under warrenty, however the one the put in has a silver bit on the inside like bellow where my origunal is black

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2009/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/lighting1/headlight/?471591031&1&fdd9ff8d88d54a097ba578bd0fad1596af338349&000176

so now ford have left me with on silver part on one headlight and black on the other side.

they say they dont make the black part any longer due to quality issues?

a new silver one would be £60 but should i complain to ford about this? where do i stand on this one?have i got a casse?

yes you should complain ide call ford uk and tell them youre not accepting it either they find a black one or change the other headlight so they are both the same

Totally agree, they should match the parts.

thats abit stupid for them to mis-match the headlights and let it go

I'd probably ask the dealer/Ford UK if they'd advertise and expect to sell a car with mis-matched lights without either matching the lights or applying a significant discount.

Rang them 3 times today they said they would ring back but nothing. I will keep pestering them until they get it sorted !

Tell them they will have to find you a black one as these are much more sought after than the standard silver ones.... Can't even believe there trying to do you over like this, I'd be fuming. How the hell did they think it even looked anything like right after fitting it is beyond me !!!

The headlight is black inside. It's the trim on one edge of the new one that is silver and is the problem. Apparently the service woman said they didn't make the all black one anymore but when I rang up the parts department they had one in stock! Either way I will get it sorted. They just tried to fob me off, some people would accept it but I will keep going until I get an exact replica headligjt unit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club