Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/c Only Blowing Out Hot Air

KAZZA92

My air con system has been playing up this week. It only seems to be blowing out hot air even if the setting is on cool. Even with the Air con turned off the car still blows out hot air? I am having to drive with the windows down as it gets way to hot! I have checked the coolant and that is fine. The A/C does click in when turned on & off.

I am not very good with cars... I am still driving round & hoping the car doesn't over heat or something as cant get fixed until after bank holiday Monday. Is this an expensive fix?

PLEASE HELP!

Im not sure of the newer Ka's but the older ones had a heater control valve which was a very common fault. It would either stay open or shut.

Sounds to me like this could be your problem if your year of car still uses one.

Welcome to the forum too :)

Im not sure of the newer Ka's but the older ones had a heater control valve which was a very common fault. It would either stay open or shut.

Sounds to me like this could be your problem if your year of car still uses one.

Welcome to the forum too :)

Sure sounds like its the HCV.

• 3 weeks later...

Im having the exact same problem. Today it go so hot, the cd in the player wouldn't work. When i managed to eject the cd it was red hot :(

Is the HCV an expensive repair job ?

Many thanks

Jodie x

Its not an expensive part and doesn't take long to change over. Anybody that's handy with a screw driver can do it.

Are you sure the A/C's not working. Only it will still only blow out hot if the heater is blowing out hot.

Oh ! Maybe it does work then ?

Im getting it looked at tomorrow at a garage. Just didnt want to be faced with a scary bill.

Thankyou for your help xxx

I wont try and do it myself.. I'd end up attaching it to the radio or something ? I cant believe how hot it gets ! x

• 3 months later...

Ive got the same problem but i have recently replaced the HCV. Any other ideas what it could be?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club